Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    CloneKilr is offline Waterboy

Why so quiet from Vikings?

I was really excited a several weeks ago, the Vikes were taking this new approach. The anti-Tice, a kind of media black out. At first I thought oh yeah! They are making a secret plan to dominate in FA...Whoo Hoo! Then they don't make much of a splash at all, their biggest prospect (Hutch) may not even happen. Still not a whole heck of alot from winter park...Still in the dark are we. I was just wondering if I'm the only one wondering what the heck was going on. It's starting to worry me a bit.

shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Why so quiet from Vikings?

Welcome, and no, you're probably NOt the only one wondering. This media blackout has affected probably EVERYONE on this site in some way or another.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

I think Childress is also showing us that he is not so enamored with the big name guys (especially in the skill positions). I believe he's looking for the right talent for his system and just as importantly the right attitude. I don't think its so much a money thing, I believe Wilf won't let the dollars get in the way, its more of a synergy thing. I don't think egos will be allowed on the team if they can at all help it. Defensively, I haven't heard one big name that they have been seriously pursuing.

They are willing to give the biggest contract on the team to an offensive guard which should tell you where Childress' priorities are lying. I'm not against this approach, its just not the flashy vikings we are used to seeing. Looks like the offensive and defensive lineman jerseys will be the big sellers this year....

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

Well, y'know, we ain't gonna know if dis new M.O.* from Childress and da Vikes is gonna pan out until da end of da 2006 season, y'know? Zygi is definitely doin' tings his way, y'know? He's already p.o.'d da media, which gives me a good laugh readin' dem punks Tom Powers an' Patrick Reusse whine an pout about it, y'know? Me, I'd rather da press don't know nuttin'! An' pickin' up people we didn't tink he would pick up, not goin' for Edgerrin, or Brees, for example.

We is all witnessin' da buildin' of a new franchise, y'know? An' y'know, it's kinda fassin.... facsin... it's kinda interestin', y'know? For bedda or woise, we are watchin' da boith of a new Vikings team, complete wit' a joisey change, which, I hopes, doesn't go overboard, y'know?

So, I'm gonna watch and see before I calls Childress da cat's whiskers, or a bunch of baloney, y'know? But, he ain't done nuttin' dat scares me. I'd be a part of his mob any day, y'know?

SKOL, VIKES!

*Modus Operandi : a unique method of operation for a specific type of crime
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

i think the reason why we are not making any moves in FA is because we are waiting for Steve Hutchinson's decision to come in!! If we get him, we are going to lose a lot of cap!! But if we don't get him we just wasted a week and half on nothing!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Well unlike the Seagulls, we are waiting on the outcome of the Hutch deal. The Seagulls seem to be signing fa players left and right, and are also looking into trading for John Abraham, which will no doubt eat alot of cap space up.

I'm thinking that the Seagulls are looking at this situation 1 of 2 ways. Either the arbritation will go in their favor, and they will only have to match the offer for next season, or it goes in the Vikes favor, and they simply let him walk.. I believe that is why they are taking that approach during fa.. I also believe that the Vikings are sure that they will win the case, thus signing Hutchinson, and doing much better with our line..

Prophet Guest

Comparing the Seachickens and Vikings' free agency is worse then comparing apples to oranges. The Seahawks were in the Super Bowl last year and have the foundation in place and are strengthening up their roster in their perceived weak spots. The Vikings have a whole new coaching staff and system for '06. Comparing their FA moves is ludicrous.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think the Seachickens ever intended to keep Hutch. This is just their way of getting back at the Vikings for taking him away. They want to delay this outcome as long as possible so that more and more FA are taken while the Vikes sit and wait.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

CloneKilr is offline Waterboy

I understand about the cap space Hutch hopefuly will consume, but they have plenty left over and other spots that need help besides the 1 spot on the O line...

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Just remember how late in the game we found our punter last year...there is still PLENTY of time to get players...not necessarily the way I would like to see it happen...BUT let's hope that our coaching staff knows what they are doing!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast