cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Why QB should NOT be looked at in the first round

Granted, this is only one person's opinion...but I've seen other "experts" that have said basically the same thing:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/982E8E4D80D5D8388625742B000D051A?OpenDocument
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why QB should NOT be looked at in the first round

Very nice read.

Does anyone else find it odd that we need to find stuff like this from a St. Louis paper?
    Wonder why the yutz's up there in the Twin Cities can't do stuff like this.
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read.

Does anyone else find it odd that we need to find stuff like this from a St. Louis paper?
    :
    Hell, if I knew you would have enjoyed this article, I'd have posted it earlier this morning.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Very nice read.

:
    Hell, if I knew you would have enjoyed this article, I'd have posted it earlier this morning.
    Silly newshound.
    ;D

I thought that you were awared that I like all articles that deal with football of any nature.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

totally agree on the lack of 1st round QB prospects, but watch for 3 or 4 QBs to come off the board in the 2nd round

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

These "experts" are all over the place. We won't know how well this class may be for sometime.
    I have seen stronger classes completely bomb. So lets wait and see.

I am not for talking a QB in the 1st round. However, We should take one by the third.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Josh Johnson's statistic are just mind blowing, 40 TD's to 1 INT is just incredible. Granted he was playing in a smaller college that is very difficult to do for anyone, not to mention the one INT was a good throw. On top of his passing statistics he added nearly 70 yards a game rushing. His QB rating is unreal and his production has been nothing but supurb for three years in a row. Another thing that is very impressive is his CMP%. I don't see how these numbers can just be a fluke, this is serious production. I also like the fact that he weighed in at 150 pounds as a senior in high school and is now 213 pounds. This also shows great work ethic. Basically he completely dominated his division.

Childress has shown he's not scared of drafting players from smaller colleges with good production. I wouldn't mind Josh Johnson with our first pick in the third round. When looking at his negatives I see a guy who doesn't have many, mostly footwork and form. Things that can be taught to guy willing to listen and put it to use. They claim he is raw and will need some development, just what our coach looks for.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Josh Johnson's statistic are just mind blowing, 40 TD's to 1 INT is just incredible. Granted he was playing in a smaller college that is very difficult to do for anyone, not to mention the one INT was a good throw. On top of his passing statistics he added nearly 70 yards a game rushing. His QB rating is unreal and his production has been nothing but supurb for three years in a row. Another thing that is very impressive is his CMP%. I don't see how these numbers can just be a fluke, this is serious production. I also like the fact that he weighed in at 150 pounds as a senior in high school and is now 213 pounds. This also shows great work ethic. Basically he completely dominated his division.

Childress has shown he's not scared of drafting players from smaller colleges with good production. I wouldn't mind Josh Johnson with our first pick in the third round. When looking at his negatives I see a guy who doesn't have many, mostly footwork and form. Things that can be taught to guy willing to listen and put it to use. They claim he is raw and will need some development, just what our coach looks for.
    I like Josh but i don't think we will get him. He is a reach with our last 3rd round pick but he will not be around when we draft in the 4th.

I love woodson. He is the best QB in this draft but people believ ethat he has a slow release. It's something I believe we can work on

Texanvike is offline Rookie

I think if we didn't already have a "project" QB like T-Jack, Josh Johnson would be a really great pick in the lower third or fourth round area.
    Those numbers are just ridiculous, even at a small school.

Even with T-Jack, I still wouldn't mind us taking him.
    I love lamp.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Dixon to Rice.... TOUCHDOWN!!!

I can hear it now...
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.