Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

This shouldnt even be a discussion.. Childress already told the media that we didnt want to use first day picks on a QB, nor did we want to bring in one in free agency. Except theres an option for a really big name guy.. that being McNabb this year..

He also said he was comfortable with the two on the roster and that Brad Johnson only would be serving a mentoring role if he came back - he said that the starting QB for the Vikings next year would be Jackson or Bollinger..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

OH I KNOW WHY!

Cuz Plummer sucks.

I agree we need to ship Smoot but I rather pick up a solid Punter then Jake "Never Win the Big one" Plummer.Hes also very inconsistant with his play.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    OH I KNOW WHY!

Cuz Plummer sucks.

I agree we need to ship Smoot but I rather pick up a solid Punter then Jake "Never Win the Big one" Plummer.Hes also very inconsistant with his play.
    I hope you're not saying you have a problem with Kluwe. Cause if you have a problem with Kluwe you have a problem with me. ;D

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr" wrote:
    OH I KNOW WHY!

Cuz Plummer sucks.

I'll second that Mr.A...

Kluwe had his up's and downs last session, but like much of rest of the team, he also was going thru some changes....He was working hard all season on his directional punting....Not just booming the big punt, like the season before....And I thought overall, he was doing a good job.
    He's young and learning and getting better, I say he stays.

Plummer is just the opposite, he's getting older and worse........Don't want him here....

I hope you're not saying you have a problem with Kluwe. Cause if you have a problem with Kluwe you have a problem with me. ;D

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    OH I KNOW WHY!

Cuz Plummer sucks.

I'll second that Mr.A...

Kluwe had his up's and downs last session, but like much of rest of the team, he also was going thru some changes....He was working hard all season on his directional punting....Not just booming the big punt, like the season before....And I thought overall, he was doing a good job.
    He's young and learning and getting better, I say he stays.

Plummer is just the opposite, he's getting older and worse........Don't want him here....
    I hope you don't mind I fixed the quote Ned. I've been having that problem too.

And I agree about Kluwe, it seemed like whenever we were at around midfield, and had to punt, he put it inside the 10, and very frequently inside the 5. It's like once it gets past the 10 it doesn't even bounce.

Last year he had a 44 yard average, this year 42, but this year he put 28 punts inside the 10, and last year only 17. Last year he had a 62 yard long, this year a 68 yard bomb.

I think he's just having some consistency issues, but once he works those out he'll be insane.

It feels weird talking about a punter and getting excited.... that really says something about our offense.
    ;D

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345