Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    Believe it...we need a QB....TJ is not going to be our future...
    In the opinion of the Vikings (not us) he is the future.

    So why would we get Plummer?

  2. #22
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    The thought of having a '70s porn star as our QB does not get me very excited.

    [img width=298 height=447]http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/getty/56625039bb001_denver_bronco.widec.jpg[/img]
    Plummer

    [img width=350 height=237]http://www.cameopro.com/graphics/wonderland_news.jpg[/img]
    Holmes

    [img width=236 height=200]http://www.greatwigs.co.uk/shop/media/tn_22412.jpg[/img]
    porn star dress-up kit
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  3. #23
    DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    686

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    Are you freaking kidding me?! Why would we want Plummer to come in here just to serve as another mentor to TJ? If we signed Plummer, expect another "rebuilding" year for the Vikings. TJ will be a very talented QB in this league given WR's that can make plays during the course of games. I wouldn't mind Plummer being on the Vikings, but I would mind him taking up the valuable time TJ would have to start for this franchise.

  4. #24
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    "Vikestand" wrote:
    We need a QB right?....Plummer would be a great guy to have for the Vikings....And they obviously want to get rid of him...Also they are obviously looking for a CB right now....What do you guys think?
    I think if we know that Smoot is overpaid and not an elite CB, then the Broncos know it, too.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  5. #25
    OchoCinco's Avatar
    OchoCinco is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    770

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    Why start a thread asking mind numbing questions? Lets get Drew Bledsoe, Vinnie Testerverde, Brad Johnson, and Kurt Warner then we can start an old folks home...........

  6. #26
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    "gdavikes84" wrote:
    Why start a thread asking mind numbing questions? Lets get Drew Bledsoe, Vinnie Testerverde, Brad Johnson, and Kurt Warner then we can start an old folks home...........
    hahaha!
    Good one!

    Maybe these questions have already been asked but... why the heck do we need a QB?
    What is wrong with Tarvaris and/or Brooks?
    Just because Tarvaris had a couple bad games as a rookie with no help from his WRs or play callers?
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

  7. #27
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    Because Brad Childress already told you his two options for QB and Plummer is not one of them. You got two choices Bollinger or Jackson and after seeing both play, my money is on Bollinger.

  8. #28
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    "nailscoop55" wrote:
    "vikinginvirginia" wrote:
    How do you already know that TJ is not the future?
    How do you know that he is..... I know that he is a rookie and his WR are awful but i still
    think he could of perfomed a little bit better

    Game 1 stats vs NYJ 14/23-177 1 Td 1 pick 30 rush yards......was terrible at managing the clock and it seemed as though the whole offense was confused on those drives when they were running the quick O

    Game 2 Stats vs GB 10/20-50 0 Td 1 pick and 23 rush yards...... he had no pocket presence and looked a little out of his league

    Game 3 Stats vs STL 20/34-213 1 Td 1 pick and 34 rush yards....... I know people will say that first pick was a rookie mistake but I dont care if you are NFL, high school, college, or pop warner you do not make that throw bartell for the rams was standing right in front of are reciever when he threw it.


    In closing I believe he has potential to be great, he has a rocket arm and great young legs and I think he wants to succed and if he gets the proper coaching and put the right system guys around him he will do well in this league but iam afraid he is going to need a lot of help


    Let's look at another rookie, in fact the Rookie Of The Year.

    Vince Young



    game 1:

    3 out of 4 passing

    27 yards







    1 INT
    (loss)

    game 2:

    7 for 20 passing

    106 yards


    1 TD
    2 fumbles
    (loss)

    game 3:

    14 of 29
    passing
    155 yards


    1 TD
    2 INT's
    2 fumbles
    (loss)

    game 4:

    10 of 21 passing

    63 yards









    1 INT


    (loss)

    game 5:

    13 of 25 passing

    161 yards



    1 TD

    1 fumble
    (won)

    game 6:

    7 of 15 passing

    87 yards



    1 TD



    (won)

    game 7:

    15 of 36 passing

    163 yards


    1 TD

    3 INT's

    1 fumble
    (loss)

    game 8:

    13 of 25 passing

    211 yards








    1 INT





    (loss)

    game 9:

    8 of 22 passing


    101 yards


    1 TD






    1 fumble

    (won)


    3 and 6 in 1st 9 games he played in.


    Season stats
    184 of 357 passing

    51.5% completion ratio

    2,199 yards
    12 TD's
    13 INT's 12 fumbles




    Rookie of the year?


    People are giving up on Tarvaris after 3 games!

    Titans didn't give up on Vince after these 9 disasters!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #29
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    I can't give up on TJ yet.

    Not just because I genuinely believe that he will be a very good QB, but also because whether a select few like it or not, he is going to be our starting QB next year.
    Therefore I will be cheering him on a loud as I can on opening day.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  10. #30
    Chad8970 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    97

    Re: Why not trade Smoot for Plummer?

    I think Whackthepack is right!
    No way can you give up on a guy that early.
    If you look at some of the things T Jack did, he's going to be a great QB.
    I hate Plummer, he's an idot and never really shown he can come through during a big game.
    With a little WR help, and our line, any quarterback can look good.
    (Did I say a little WR help?
    I ment a whole lot.)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Good Bye Fred Smoot NFL Network Reports smoot is done in minnesota
    By SuperVikes07 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 12:47 PM
  2. Realistically, what is Smoot worth in a trade?
    By Prophet in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 02-10-2007, 09:36 AM
  3. "We should trade Smoot" - stop and think!
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:23 PM
  4. PLUMMER OUT FOR SURE!!
    By billvike in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-05-2006, 06:11 PM
  5. Should Packers trade Favre for Plummer?
    By cajunvike in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-19-2006, 04:08 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •