Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Chazz is offline Coordinator

Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

I see three teams that might use a first round pick (4 really but none warrant a #1 pick) before the Vikes.

Falcons
    Ravens
    Bears

With only Matt Ryan ahead of him on most value boards, I find it pretty hard to imagine how he would slip to us at 17.

I for one would rather they take one of the LT's at 17 instead of a QB if a solution isn't there at DE for us.
    Get a guy like Flacco, Henne, Ainge, O'Connell etc in a later round.

Why is it that everyone thinks he will be gone by then? Brady Quinn was considered the most NFL ready QB to ever enter the draft, as well as considered to go number 1 for 2 years, up until he lost to LSU and then Russel became the best thing to ever play QB(still don't understand that), and he fell to 22. Ryan and Brohm are nowhere near the prospects the Quinn was. Ryan will go by default, and Brohms stock seems to be falling fast.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i HOPE, we dont reach for a qb in the 1st round with are own pick
    if the FO wants to get one in the 1st, use our 2nd and some other picks packaged to get back into the 1st and get flacco, he is gonna be a star in the nfl

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

This is another DE we could draft later and allow us to take the BPA in the first:

http://www.onnetworks.com/videos/dra...?autoplay=true

If anyone watches Rutgers football, you probably have seen this guy make a lot of plays.

Rock out with your cock out!!!

A lot of the media mock's have us taking a DE.
    I think we are pretty well set on the D line and as Ben Leber said, continuity with the D Cord should bring an improved defense this year.
    I would prefer to grab an OT, but if Clady and Otah are already gone, I think Brohm becomes BPA.
    Comments from the combine said he was the most consistant of all the QBs competing, making all the throws with accuracy.
    He has a good arm, but is still able to throw with touch when needed.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    if the FO wants to get one in the 1st, use our 2nd and some other picks packaged to get back into the 1st and get flacco, he is gonna be a star in the nfl
    I agree that Flacco has potential in this league as well, but I'd rather us trade back in the first and pick up some picks rather than trade up to get him.
    If we are targeting Flacco instead of Brohm, we should trade to the end of the first round and pick him.

If you are implying that Brohm is a reach at 17, I, and several other people in this thread feel that we would be fortunate for him to make it to our pick.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Brohm has the ability to run a team. Brohm reminds me of the quiet guy who just does his job. If he's there at 17, we will probably draft him.
    We all got remember if Childress is gonna get a extention alot of that is gonna reflect on what QB's he goes with or not with.
    Granted, right now going into the season TJackoff might be our QB but who's to say that Brohm can come in and be Big Ben and get us to the playoffs. And Big ben came from a smaller school than lets say Brohm.
    Brohm lost alot in last years draft. He has it all, even the pocket presence and mechanics. I have seen his games against UCONN, Rutgers, and also West Virginia...and I'll tell you he can throw on the run, in the pocket and read defenses. I predict a franchise looking for a Real QB
    to draft Brohm, as there franchise QB. Why not us?

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    I agree that Flacco has potential in this league as well, but I'd rather us trade back in the first and pick up some picks rather than trade up to get him.
    If we are targeting Flacco instead of Brohm, we should trade to the end of the first round and pick him.

If you are implying that Brohm is a reach at 17, I, and several other people in this thread feel that we would be fortunate for him to make it to our pick.
    lately i have seen im most mocks that he isnt being taken in the 1st round
    the teams that MIGHT take a qb

ATL- could pass and take DT or OT
    BAL- could pass and take OT CB or LB
    CAR- could pass and take OT or DE
    CHI- could pass and take OT or RB

those are the teams that might take a QB before our pick, but i think only one will
    one of my favorite guys, todd mcshay, doesnt even having a qb going in the top 10

and the reason Brohm is slipping is cause he has done jack crap over the offseason, including skipping the senior bowl, while Henne and Flacco are doing all they can to jump to the #2 qb spot in the draft

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Brohm has the ability to run a team. Brohm reminds me of the quiet guy who just does his job. If he's there at 17, we will probably draft him.
    We all got remember if Childress is gonna get a extention alot of that is gonna reflect on what QB's he goes with or not with.
    Granted, right now going into the season TJackoff might be our QB but who's to say that Brohm can come in and be Big Ben and get us to the playoffs. And Big ben came from a smaller school than lets say Brohm.
    Brohm lost alot in last years draft. He has it all, even the pocket presence and mechanics. I have seen his games against UCONN, Rutgers, and also West Virginia...and I'll tell you he can throw on the run, in the pocket and read defenses. I predict a franchise looking for a Real QB
    whats the point of drafting a QB in the first round...?
    Either way he's gonna sit and learn behind TJ for the immediate future.. you can't possibly think he can come right in in a WCO and be productive let alone get us to the playoffs!... playoffs?? playoffss???

that's just ridiculous.. while we need a back-up QB... by drafting Brian Brohm in the first round say two things.. .you effed up when you moved up in the draft to get TJ.. and you just threw away last season by putting everything in TJ and not getting Jeff Garcia or someone else...

Additionally, your just asking for a Media Firestorm to play an inexperienced QB if TJ has anything but a spectacular season...

Maybe with our second pick.. but noway.. i think we draft him at 17.. we have other pressing needs and in my opinion, you rarely draft backups with your first pick unless your pretty much a playoff team which we are not.............yet!!

We would be better served going with an DE, an OL, or even a receiver with the first pick before we go QB... we can get a good one in the 2nd or 3rd without putting pressure on TJ or Brohm to come right in and take us to the playoffs...

The last thing i think our team needs right now is a QB controversy...

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:
    Either way he's gonna sit and learn behind TJ for the immediate future.. you can't possibly think he can come right in in a WCO and be productive let alone get us to the playoffs!... playoffs?? playoffss???

that's just ridiculous.. while we need a back-up QB... by drafting Brian Brohm in the first round say two things.. .you effed up when you moved up in the draft to get TJ.. and you just threw away last season by putting everything in TJ and not getting Jeff Garcia or someone else...

Additionally, your just asking for a Media Firestorm to play an inexperienced QB if TJ has anything but a spectacular season...

Maybe with our second pick.. but noway.. i think we draft him at 17.. we have other pressing needs and in my opinion, you rarely draft backups with your first pick unless your pretty much a playoff team which we are not.............yet!!

We would be better served going with an DE, an OL, or even a receiver with the first pick before we go QB... we can get a good one in the 2nd or 3rd without putting pressure on TJ or Brohm to come right in and take us to the playoffs...

Well considering the only reason we don't have a QB controversy is because we haven't brought in anybody to compete with T-Jack makes that a little misleading.
    Also I like the arguement that drafting him says we effed up with T-Jack, well either the orginisation likes him and it doesn't matter who we bring in T-Jack will start, or if we actually did F up it would be like saying we bought the wrong engine for our car but lets just ignore it because then we'd be admitting guilt.
    I for one don't show up to my Econ classes with an English book and not admit I brought the wrong book.

Brohm is a guy who is way more NFL ready then most the QBs in the draft, look at a guy like Jay Cutler, nobody is saying Brohm has to start this year, but if T-Jack doesn't pan out would you rather have a guy who's pretty close to being NFL ready or another project like T-Jack.

Considering our team is a good performing QB away from the playoffs and possibly further I don't think drafting a really good insurance plan this year when there will be the lack of type tier DEs and OL at 17 is such a bad idea.

But heck maybe some people feel comfortable with nothing but the T-Jack project backed up by another Project not NFL ready.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Nephilim" wrote:

1. Of course he is going to sit and learn behind TJ. That is what most QBs, no matter when they are drafted do. Jay Cutler, Matt Leinart, Vince Young, Brady Quinn, Jamarcus Russell. He doesn't have to be productive right away, he just would have to be better than TJ midseason, which isn't saying much if TJ has a rocky year.

2. You could easily argue that we did eff up when we moved up to draft TJ, and that we did throw away last year by starting TJ. The draft is about the future, not the past. Brohm is a great backup plan if TJ doesn't benefit from his experiences last year.

3. Whether we draft Brohm or not, there will be a Media Firestorm if TJ does not play spectacular next season.

4. IMO QB is a top three need for us. It is very possible that both DE and OT will turn into reach picks, and if that happens I would much rather see us draft Brohm as BPA who fills a need than reach for something else, or even trade down. Also, TJ NEEDS pressure, and if Brohm is good enough as a rookie to usurp TJ, that's a win-win situation for the Vikings. We'll have our franchise QB and a young capable backup. We'd be set at QB for years to come.

We've had a QB controversy since 2005. If we go into the year with only TJ and Bollinger, we'll have controversy. TJ is not a good enough QB to avoid controversy yet.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast