Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 93
  1. #1
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Why not Brian Brohm?

    Brian Brohm reportedly ran a 4.61 40 at his Pro Day and is considered to be the most NFL ready QB by most analysts.
    His stats are outstanding, and he had his best year (statistically) last season with a new coach and after losing his top two RBs in the 2007 Draft.

    http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...php?pyid=33876

    Draft Scout Snapshot: DS Rating on 08/12/07: #2 QB, #7/750 Overall, Projected: Rnd 1
    2007: Ranked fourth in the country with an average of 335.33 yards passing per game, as his 4,024 yards passing was the sixth-best season total in the NCAA ranks…Placed tenth in the nation with an average of 25.67 pass completions per game and was second in the league with an average of 16.5 points responsible for per game…Completed 308 of 473 attempts (65.1%) for 4,024 yards, setting a school season-record with 30 touchdowns while also coming up with twelve interceptions. 11 GP; 11 GS; Rush: 47-118-2.5-0; Pass: 313-199-63.6-3049-16-5; Missed time w/dislocated right thumb. Named the Orange Bowl Most Valuable, second team All-BIG EAST in '06. 10 GP; 10 GS; Rush: 41-(-36)-(-0.9)-3; Pass: 301-207-68.8-2883-19-5; Tore his ACL versus Syracuse and sat out for the remainder of the season… named the BIG EAST Offensive Player of the Year… earned first team All-BIG EAST honors in '05. 11 GP; 0 GS; Rush: 27-81-3-2; Pass: 98-66-67.3-819-6-2; Named the Conference USA Freshman of the Year in '04. Drafted by Colorado Rockies in the baseball draft. Is the fourth Brohm to play football at U of L...dad, Oscar and brothers, Greg and Jeff each played football for the Cardinals.
    [youtube=425,350]w4Dgl4CA5es[/youtube]

    He could come in and compete for the starting spot from day one.
    He is a smart athletic QB and we would be foolish to pass on him at 17 with such a questionable QB situation.
    I'm all for TJack making the jump to quality QB this year, but if not, we need somebody like Brohm to back him up.

    A lot of you seem to want a DE in the first round, but we all know how much success we have had with those picks for the last decade plus.
    Brian Johnston is a beast of a LDE who runs a 4.68 40 at 270+ lbs and he is projected as a 4-5th rounder.
    He could compete w/ Mitchell and Wyms (who aren't worthless) for playing time this season.
    At RDE we have two promising talents already in Edwards and Robison.
    Erasmus James could still turn out to be a good player too.

    All I'm saying is that we have not been in a position (or we have failed to put ourselves in position) to draft a potential franchise QB in the first round for a while.
    Brohm could sit and learn the offense this year while TJack gets a chance to prove himself, and next season the coaches can evaluate the QBs and move forward from there.


    What would you guys think if we drafted this guy?

    Please give reasons and share your thoughts on what you feel is a better alternative going into 2008 and beyond.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  2. #2
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    i dont think he will drop that far, otherwise, i wouldnt be opposed to drafting him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  3. #3
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    "olson_10" wrote:
    i dont think he will drop that far, otherwise, i wouldnt be opposed to drafting him
    If he falls past the Bears and Panthers, I like our odds.
    Some team might try to leapfrog us and take him though.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  4. #4
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    i dont think he will drop that far, otherwise, i wouldnt be opposed to drafting him
    If he falls past the Bears and Panthers, I like our odds.
    Some team might try to leapfrog us and take him though.
    well i know that ryan wont make it past atlanta, so im pretty sure the bears dont have a bigger need than QB right now, and you also mentioned the panthers, who arent sure what theyre gonna do..hes an intriguing qb, so like you said, a couple teams could be looking to make a deal to move up and get him
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  5. #5
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    Found this article interesting:

    http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...1008bigc2.html

    It's a bit ironic that Brohm would be concerned with raising his draft stock. When at the same time last year he was considered a bonafide Top 5 pick in the '07 draft if he would have chosen to come out early his junior year.

    Now, a year later, NFL draft guru Mel Kiper Jr. doesn't deem Brohm worthy of being on his Top 25 prospects list. What's up with that?

    One Minnesota Vikings scout sarcastically asked the question during a conversation at the Senior Bowl. How do you go from being a potential top 5 pick one year to a virtual unknown the following with the numbers that Brohm put up this season?

    You don't, that's the media talking and those who are easily persuaded, buying into it. The scout added that the cream always rises to the top. He was referring to Brohm.

    So why the drastic turn of events?
    You know if Kiper has him falling that he must be a good pick. ;D
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  6. #6
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    I see three teams that might use a first round pick (4 really but none warrant a #1 pick) before the Vikes.

    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bears

    With only Matt Ryan ahead of him on most value boards, I find it pretty hard to imagine how he would slip to us at 17.

    I for one would rather they take one of the LT's at 17 instead of a QB if a solution isn't there at DE for us.
    Get a guy like Flacco, Henne, Ainge, O'Connell etc in a later round.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #7
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I see three teams that might use a first round pick (4 really but none warrant a #1 pick) before the Vikes.

    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bears

    With only Matt Ryan ahead of him on most value boards, I find it pretty hard to imagine how he would slip to us at 17.

    I for one would rather they take one of the LT's at 17 instead of a QB if a solution isn't there at DE for us.
    Get a guy like Flacco, Henne, Ainge, O'Connell etc in a later round.
    If Brohm was at 17 and the Vikes passed on him?
    Uhg, the DE better have 20 some sacks if T-Jack doesn't become a super star.

  8. #8
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    Brohm will go in about 20-40 picks.. If he goes at 17, im will do damage to myself..

    I dont want him on the team..

    I dont know why i dont like him, i just dont! BUH!


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I see three teams that might use a first round pick (4 really but none warrant a #1 pick) before the Vikes.

    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bears

    With only Matt Ryan ahead of him on most value boards, I find it pretty hard to imagine how he would slip to us at 17.

    I for one would rather they take one of the LT's at 17 instead of a QB if a solution isn't there at DE for us.
    Get a guy like Flacco, Henne, Ainge, O'Connell etc in a later round.
    If Brohm was at 17 and the Vikes passed on him?
    Uhg, the DE better have 20 some sacks if T-Jack doesn't become a super star.
    Again, not sure he gets to 17.
    Truth be told he should have came out last year, he probably would have made more money.

    I'm leaning more and more towards a OT in the first round anyways.
    I don't care how good our QB is, as we saw with Brady in the SB, if he is on his ass all game he isn't gonna win us any games.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    Schutz's Avatar
    Schutz is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,719

    Re: Why not Brian Brohm?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    I see three teams that might use a first round pick (4 really but none warrant a #1 pick) before the Vikes.

    Falcons
    Ravens
    Bears

    With only Matt Ryan ahead of him on most value boards, I find it pretty hard to imagine how he would slip to us at 17.

    I for one would rather they take one of the LT's at 17 instead of a QB if a solution isn't there at DE for us.
    Get a guy like Flacco, Henne, Ainge, O'Connell etc in a later round.
    If Brohm was at 17 and the Vikes passed on him?
    Uhg, the DE better have 20 some sacks if T-Jack doesn't become a super star.
    Again, not sure he gets to 17.
    Truth be told he should have came out last year, he probably would have made more money.

    I'm leaning more and more towards a OT in the first round anyways.
    I don't care how good our QB is, as we saw with Brady in the SB, if he is on his jiggly butt all game he isn't gonna win us any games.
    But Mar the Triangle of Doom has already brought in guys like Cook and company.
    We're set on our starting line, not to mention we could just draft a OL in the second round since that's where we find most our diamonds.


    But I suppose if I really wanted to be mean, the Triangle of Doom hasn't made a wrong decision yet so I think we're pretty much set at every single position.
    I think we should just let our picks go and build on what we have. ;D

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The Brian Brohm Conundrum
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
  2. BROHM
    By ragz in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 04:56 AM
  3. MOVED: BROHM
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2008, 03:36 AM
  4. Brian Brohm?
    By JeffSeimon in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 105
    Last Post: 04-27-2008, 02:45 PM
  5. Brohm
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 04-20-2008, 01:34 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •