Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 47
  1. #1
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    411

    Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    I think we should let Offord and Chavous go and draft Huff he played a HECK of a game against USC in the Rose Bowl and he should get his props for that. I think we should draft him because we supposedly got a DB coach coming from Tampa to be our Defensive Coordinator and we can also let D-Sharp menter him for a couple years. I would be jumping through my ceiling if we picked him in the draft. But whoever get's him has really gotten a steal out of the draft.

    Here's a link 2 some of his incredible stats

    http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&change_well_id=17&m ember_id=40


    "SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

  2. #2
    PurpleManiac's Avatar
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    As much as I like Huff we can also draft a dynamite hitter by the name of Greg Blue in the 2nd round instead.

    Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

  3. #3
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from T

    "Jordan" wrote:
    I think we should let Offord and Chavous go and draft Huff he played a HECK of a game against USC in the Rose Bowl and he should get his props for that. I think we should draft him because we supposedly got a DB coach coming from Tampa to be our Defensive Coordinator and we can also let D-Sharp menter him for a couple years. I would be jumping through my ceiling if we picked him in the draft. But whoever get's him has really gotten a steal out of the draft.

    Here's a link 2 some of his incredible stats

    http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&change_well_id=17&m ember_id=40

    That's great ... would love to have him. Well, except for ... um, Foxx that we drafted last year .... (little kink in the plans) ... and the secondary got a bunch of attention last year ... Time to spread the wealth ... OL, LB, RB, etc .... Need a little upgrading.

  4. #4
    Jordan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    411

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from T

    what college does he go to i wanna do some research on him because i've never heard of him


    "SSSMMMOOTTT" & "Toine" will be the best CB combo in the NFL next year TRUST ME!!!

  5. #5
    mnjamie's Avatar
    mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,536

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from T

    "Jordan" wrote:
    what college does he go to i wanna do some research on him because i've never heard of him

    Greg Blue

    Class:
    Senior
    Hometown:
    Atlanta, GA
    High School:
    Banneker
    Height / Weight:
    6-2 / 214
    Position:
    FS
    Birthdate:
    03/12/1982
    Experience:
    3VL

    GREGORY B. BLUE...Born: March 12, 1982

    High School: Banneker...Atlanta Journal-Constitution Super Southern 100, Top 50 in Georgia, Class AAA All-State First team, and Marvelous Metro 11 as a defensive back...Georgia Sports Writers Association All-State defensive back...SuperPrep All-Dixie Team...named one of the top 25 safeties in the country by Student Sports Magazine...BorderWars.com Top 100...recorded 89 tackles, six forced fumbles, four interceptions, and 14 pass break-ups as a senior...had an 88-yard kickoff touchdown and a 65-yard punt return touchdown in his senior season...helped his team to the 2000 Class AAA state playoffs with a 9-2 record...also a member of the basketball team...invited to play in the 2001 Georgia North-South All-Star Game....High School Coach: James Fletcher.

    College: 2001 -- Redshirted.

    2002 -- Missed most of spring with hamstring injury but still earned spring award for the Biggest Hit of the Spring...listed as number two roverback at conclusion of spring drills...played in 14 games for the Bulldogs...best game vs. Clemson (8 tackles)...member of team that won Georgia's first SEC championship in 20 years, defeated FSU for Nokia Sugar Bowl title, set school record for most victories in a season (13), and finished with a final national ranking of No. 3...part of defense that finished first in the SEC and fourth nationally in Scoring Defense (15.1 ppg), first in the SEC in Red Zone Defense (58.8%), second in the SEC and 19th nationally in Rushing Defense (114.0 ypg), fourth in the SEC and 15th nationally in Total Defense (303.5 ypg), and allowed only 30 total second half points in the final seven games of the season.

    2003 -- Listed as number two rover at conclusion of spring drills....injured early in season but responded by playing in nine games including three starts....best games vs. Auburn (10 tackles) and the SEC Championship Game vs. LSU (8 tackles)...part of Georgia team that won 32 games from 2001-03, ranked among the top five teams nationally in winning percentage, and part of a Georgia defense that ranked 2nd nationally in Scoring Defense (14.5 ppg), 4th in Total Defense (276.86 ypg), 6th in Passing Defense (174.50 ypg),14th nationally in Turnover Margin (+.79), and 4th in number of scoreless quarters (25) among the AP's final Top Ten teams.

    2004 -- Recorded five tackles in annual spring G-Day game...recipient of Teka and John Adams Football Scholarship....started all 12 games at rover...team's second-leading tackler with 80 stops including 64 solo which led the team...forced three fumbles, recovered a fumble and broke up three passes...logged five quarterback hurries and a sack for a loss of 10 yards...career-best 11 tackles vs. Georgia Southern and led all Bulldogs with 11 tackles in 2005 Outback Bowl victory over Wisconsin...ranked 15th in the SEC averaging 6.6 tackles per game...part of team that has posted 42-10 record from 2001-04 (sixth best in the country), three straight seasons of 10 or more wins, three straight bowl victories, and three consecutive national top six finishes.

    2005 -- Led both teams in tackles with seven and added a tackle for loss in annual spring G-Day game......named Best Tackler following spring drills.. recorded his first career interception in Georgia's first game of the season and snagged his second versus Mississippi State...led the Bulldogs with 11 tackles against Mississippi State and 14 tackles against Tennessee...named a semi-finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award, which is given to the nation's top defensive back...named a 2005 Walter Camp First Team All-American, one of 19 seniors nationwide named a 2005 AFCA Coaches First Team All-American and also by the AP....tied for second-most tackles (six) on the team during Georgia's 34-14 win in the SEC Championship...Best Games - 14 tackles vs. Tennessee; 11 tackles, 1 forced fumble, 1 INT vs. Miss. St...semi-finalist for the Jim Thorpe Award....first team All-SEC by AP, SEC Coaches...elected by teammates as the permanent co-captain of the 2005 Georgia defense... invited to play in Senior Bowl post season all-star game...(CAREER-HIGH TCKLS: 14 vs. Tennessee - 10/8/05 - five games with 10+ tackles).... part of class that earned 44 victories--most by any senior class in Georgia history....05-06 Recipient of the Teka and John Adams Football Scholarship. ... December 2005, UGA graduate....Major: Child and Family Development.


    http://georgiadogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/blue_greg00.html


    You live in N.C. and never heard of Blue who plays in Georgia???? :lol:

  6. #6
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from T

    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "Jordan" wrote:
    I think we should let Offord and Chavous go and draft Huff he played a HECK of a game against USC in the Rose Bowl and he should get his props for that. I think we should draft him because we supposedly got a DB coach coming from Tampa to be our Defensive Coordinator and we can also let D-Sharp menter him for a couple years. I would be jumping through my ceiling if we picked him in the draft. But whoever get's him has really gotten a steal out of the draft.

    Here's a link 2 some of his incredible stats

    http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/index.php?s=&url_channel_id=15&change_well_id=17&m ember_id=40

    That's great ... would love to have him. Well, except for ... um, Foxx that we drafted last year .... (little kink in the plans) ... and the secondary got a bunch of attention last year ... Time to spread the wealth ... OL, LB, RB, etc .... Need a little upgrading.
    yeah man! Dustin Fox can play, I'm excited to see what he can do now that he's healthy. he has the greatest hopps i've ever seen on a white person. ( :lol: )

  7. #7
    fred3105's Avatar
    fred3105 is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    736

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    Michael Huff: will most likely be gone before 17, unless he screws up at the combine.

    Greg Blue: big hitter and good in run support, but really cant cover a single thing.
    http://homepage.mac.com/vijayr/PSU/MM05PSU2.mov (Mario Manningham)

  8. #8
    GreenBaySlackers's Avatar
    GreenBaySlackers is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    "fred3105" wrote:
    Michael Huff: will most likely be gone before 17, unless he screws up at the combine.

    Greg Blue: big hitter and good in run support, but really cant cover a single thing.
    HEY!!

    our draft guru is back!

    welcome back fred!

  9. #9
    PurpleManiac's Avatar
    PurpleManiac is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    348

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    He can learn how to cover. Smacking WRs in the mouth if they come across the middle is something that can't be taught.

    Thanks for the Sig LitlHarsh

  10. #10
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Why is no one saying we should draft Michael Huff from Texas

    Why? Because we need a STUD RB first...then we can draft defense in the second round on!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. michael huff?
    By DaunteHOF in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-26-2009, 10:22 AM
  2. Michael Huff Available
    By ajoyce in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-27-2008, 04:51 PM
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-13-2007, 05:59 AM
  4. Huff+D.Jackson sig?
    By revprodeji in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 08:58 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •