Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Why the love?

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Why the love?

The reason I come to these forums is to discuss football meaninglessly. If someone wants to rant about Tom Brady on the Vikings I'll read (for laughs), as long as it's coherent. Nothing we say matters, it's the internet. Most of us look stupid for analyzing the Vikings every move, and trying to predict the next. But whatever floats your boat right?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    [quote author=Garland Greene link=topic=41893.msg715044#msg715044 date=1201661358]
    Ok we have the multiple player X is a FA/will be released so lets pick him up threads. Some have some some legit reasons to be looked at. But what i don't get is the love for players who can't stay healthy. Why are we even debating this issue? who many times to we have to be burned by these guys before people just start saying "no thanks". Tank Williams, Marcus
    Robinson, Mike Doss to name a few recent bigger name FA that we have picked up with injury histories and now we are having a discussions over guys like Javon Walker, Brian Kelly, Chad Pennington Javon Kearse. Are we that desperate for help at some positions that we should look at anyone even if they cannot stay healthy? How does that in any way help our team? Everyone gets a freak injury and then is fine but guys that start getting injury after injury, tends to stay a pattern. So the logic of "he would be a great fit If he is healthy" should not even be a consideration. Tank, Robinson and Doss also fit into that category at one time and look where it got us.
    Hey man,
    How long has Doss and Tank been on the team? 1-2 years. Have they even been given much playing time?
    Why not give them enoug time. I remember the game Sharper was knocked out of Doss came in and played well. You can't blame a guy from not producing without playing time. What didn't you like about them this year? Were they too slow handing out water bottles?

Why don't you mention the healthy guys wer signed that did crap? Holcomb, Bollinger..shall i go on.
    Hey man you know the coach can't play them when they are hurt don't you.
    Google thier names and check out the injury reports before you start laying this at the coaches feet for cripes sake.

:

With that said, please don't go on.
    Tank played this year and played well the times he wa son the field. I'm not blaming the coaches( quick to defend aren't you) I'm just saying we should evauate them when they are healthy. To avoid a guy with an injury concern because of your history with injured players is idoitic. In fact AD wouldn't be a Viking his your logic!
    Defend hell, just pointing out an obvious error in your post.

;D

By he By.........What the hell does you last sentence mean?
    AD was evaluated by our medical staff and deemed healthy.
    The guys we are talking about are the same ones that are evaluated byour medical staff and deemed not healthy.
    Probably why they are being allowed to hit the FA market.

Find me a place were my "LOGIC" says anything to the contrary.
    My last sentance should have read. AD would not have been a Viking with his logic. You weren't the OP so i didn't direct it to you. However, Do you really think our medical staff didn't evauate Doss and Tank? The OP said we should avoid these type of players. With that logic, we would have avoided AD.
    [/quote]
    Ya still lost me.
    I must be slow on the uptake today.
    :-[
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"jessejames09" wrote:
    The reason I come to these forums is to discuss football meaninglessly. If someone wants to rant about Tom Brady on the Vikings I'll read (for laughs), as long as it's coherent. Nothing we say matters, it's the internet. Most of us look stupid for analyzing the Vikings every move, and trying to predict the next. But whatever floats your boat right?
    This post should be put up as a sticky so we can quickly recall it and give it to the yutz's who take this (and themselves) way to serious sometimes.

(Especially that Marrdro guy
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    This post should be put up as a sticky so we can quickly recall it and give it to the yutz's who take this (and themselves) way to serious sometimes.

;D)

That same Marrdro guy that has a "Marrdro Rating" for most of the active if not all the active members on here?
    :P

BTW, what's my "Marrdro Rating"?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D)

That same Marrdro guy that has a "Marrdro Rating" for most of the active if not all the active members on here?

Top of the list my friend.
    Top of the list.

What does that mean anyway?
    Most active?
    Were did you see that stat at?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D)

Top of the list.

Most active?
    I said most of the active members, meaning the ones that post on a regular or somewhat regular basis. Not including many of the members here that no longer post or seldom post.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D)

Top of the list.

Most active?
    I guess that could be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on which "List" we are talking about.

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

;D)

Top of the list.

Most active?
    I guess that could be either a good thing or a bad thing depending on which "List" we are talking about.
    In Marrdro world, lists are always good.
    Columns on spreadsheets are what you have to worry about.
    ;D

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Ok we have the multiple player X is a FA/will be released so lets pick him up threads. Some have some some legit reasons to be looked at. But what i don't get is the love for players who can't stay healthy. Why are we even debating this issue? who many times to we have to be burned by these guys before people just start saying "no thanks". Tank Williams, Marcus
    Robinson, Mike Doss to name a few recent bigger name FA that we have picked up with injury histories and now we are having a discussions over guys like Javon Walker, Brian Kelly, Chad Pennington Javon Kearse. Are we that desperate for help at some positions that we should look at anyone even if they cannot stay healthy? How does that in any way help our team? Everyone gets a freak injury and then is fine but guys that start getting injury after injury, tends to stay a pattern. So the logic of "he would be a great fit If he is healthy" should not even be a consideration. Tank, Robinson and Doss also fit into that category at one time and look where it got us.
    Hey man,
    How long has Doss and Tank been on the team? 1-2 years. Have they even been given much playing time?
    Why not give them enoug time. I remember the game Sharper was knocked out of Doss came in and played well. You can't blame a guy from not producing without playing time. What didn't you like about them this year? Were they too slow handing out water bottles?

Why don't you mention the healthy guys wer signed that did crap? Holcomb, Bollinger..shall i go on.
    Google thier names and check out the injury reports before you start laying this at the coaches feet for cripes sake.

:

Tank played this year and played well the times he wa son the field. I'm not blaming the coaches( quick to defend aren't you) I'm just saying we should evauate them when they are healthy. To avoid a guy with an injury concern because of your history with injured players is idoitic. In fact AD wouldn't be a Viking his your logic!
    Its pretty much apples to oranges. Players get hurt its part of the game soem get some minor injuries here and there some more major.
    You are compairing a college guy who is done with college compaired to a guy that has been in the league for several years and is getting released because he cannot stay helathy and are a injury risk. We are also talking about guys with significant injuries.
    So we should throw abunch a money at a player coming off a significant injuries and hope he stays healthy. Whats funny is that I remember the same arguments for Marcus Robinson a couple of years ago. How did that work out?

gtinker63 is offline Rookie

"Garland" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    Hey man,

:

Its pretty much apples to oranges. Players get hurt its part of the game soem get some minor injuries here and there some more major.
    You are compairing a college guy who is done with college compaired to a guy that has been in the league for several years and is getting released because he cannot stay helathy and are a injury risk. We are also talking about guys with significant injuries.
    So we should throw abunch a money at a player coming off a significant injuries and hope he stays healthy. Whats funny is that I remember the same arguments for Marcus Robinson a couple of years ago. How did that work out?
    First off, it isn't compairing apples and oranges.
    Both guys have been injured as of late.
    AD got hurt again this season.
    Should we throw him out because he is injury prone?
    Hell no.
    Some of these other guys have had some injuries that are very comparable to Petersons injuries.

Second, Robert Smith... Injured his first 5 years basically in the league.
    How did he end up?

Third, Robinson actually was a very servicable WR for the Vikings.
    Did he get hurt, not that much.
    He missed a few just like Peterson, Jackson, among others.
    Robinson was arguably are most consistant WR post Moss.

Forth, how about Matt Birk?
    Would you consider him injury prone and would not be very good for other teams to go after if he was a Free Agent?
    No, he is one of the top centers in the game still to this day.
    However, he missed two straight years due to a groin.
    However, since he is with the Vikes you just pass his injuries off as something that happened.

Every team deals with injuries and players that can just flat out play ball should get more chances to stay healthy.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast