Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Why Isn't Greenway Practicing?

ejmat wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Although Chad has grown over the past two years he hasn't done anything either to warrant a higher payday yet. He's solid and getting better but he would be in the same group with Edwards. He needs to get practicing.

I do like the fact he didn't air any bad laundry though. He referred everything to Childress. I have to give him kudos for that. Maybe Edwards should have taken the same approach. In a way, I'm glad he didn't. At least it was something for us to discuss during the boring off season :laugh:

Leading tackler on the team last year and 2nd on the team in INT's.

Hasn't done anything at all to warrant a bigger contract.
    No he hasn't done anything to warrant a bigger contract than he already has. Yeah he lead our team but how is he compared to the rest of hte NFL? Like I stated he is a solid contributer but it seems people get that mixed up with market value.

The guy had a couple of good years. He still has more left in his contract. Play out your contract. Continue to do well and the "bigger payday" will come. As of now he was paid pretty darn good as a first rounder that warrants what his play is. By the way he was paid an entire year for being hurt because of his being to over-zealous on an opening kick off in preseason. So please don't try and be sarcastic when there is more to it than tackles and INTs. Compare it to other players in the league. Not just the Vikings.
    Not gonna bother to pull the stats as you will say they are a result of the front 3 Probowlers...... :P

JK, he is right up there in run support but about the worst OLB when it comes to pass protection.

In short, he cleans up alot of tackles but sucks in pass coverage. Both issues could be resolved with better DL play IMHO. But hey, we have JK and Evans helping out in that area now don't we. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    More people need to take a page from Greenway's book and do this:

I signed a five-year contract, and I知 going to play it out to the best of my ability.
    Who hasn't?
    I believe he's referring to those who demand a reworked contract before they have played theirs out completely. Those that are looking at a new/reworked one rather than an extension.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

I signed a five-year contract, and I知 going to play it out to the best of my ability.
    Who hasn't?
    I believe he's referring to those who demand a reworked contract before they have played theirs out completely. Those that are looking at a new/reworked one rather than an extension.
    Thanks my friend. I think you are correct, but I'm not sure to whom he is referring as I don't think there are any on this team that have done that this year.

Only one I can think of is Whinny on his last deal.

Other than that, my minds a blank in that area.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Who hasn't?
    Thanks my friend. I think you are correct, but I'm not sure to whom he is referring as I don't think there are any on this team that have done that this year.

That was waht I was meaning, and Wasn't directed at anybody in particular ,just people who raise a stir halfway through their contract demanding more money. You signed a contract, honour it. People like Boldin, Winny, etc. Who bring it up, but will still play are fine by me in my book. If you play well, and think you deserve a raise, ask for it.

Many people, in all jobs can go their whole career without a huge raise. But if you do well, and you specifically ask for it, you stand a better chance of getting one.

Its people like McNeil/Jackson in SD, Pierre Thomas, Chris Johnson, etc. who have a couple good seasons, then holdout who I have a problem with.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Who hasn't?

That was waht I was meaning, and Wasn't directed at anybody in particular ,just people who raise a stir halfway through their contract demanding more money. You signed a contract, honour it. People like Boldin, Winny, etc. Who bring it up, but will still play are fine by me in my book. If you play well, and think you deserve a raise, ask for it.

Many people, in all jobs can go their whole career without a huge raise. But if you do well, and you specifically ask for it, you stand a better chance of getting one.

Its people like McNeil/Jackson in SD, Pierre Thomas, Chris Johnson, etc. who have a couple good seasons, then holdout who I have a problem with.
    OK, I can track with all of that.

Quick question though. Even though a kid, say CJ, signs a rookie contract which is basically a slot contract, shouldn't he have the right to ask for more money if in fact he is outplaying said contract in such a manner that he is leading the league in rushing yards?

Seriously, if I was gonna make what he was scheduled to make this year, with no long term stability, I would hold out as well.

In the end we saw what happens when they do it. Either the team folds and gives him more or they move him on to another team, that will in the end, give him the contract he is/was looking for.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Who hasn't?

Quick question though. Even though a kid, say CJ, signs a rookie contract which is basically a slot contract, shouldn't he have the right to ask for more money if in fact he is outplaying said contract in such a manner that he is leading the league in rushing yards?

Seriously, if I was gonna make what he was scheduled to make this year, with no long term stability, I would hold out as well.

In the end we saw what happens when they do it. Either the team folds and gives him more or they move him on to another team, that will in the end, give him the contract he is/was looking for.
    he absolutely does. He can ask, but not expect. I think after putting up 2K yards, he's earned more than what they paid him. However, alot of his yards was statpadding, but thats another debate.

Holding out because he doesn't like the contract he agreed to doesn't fly.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    ThorSPL wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:

Who hasn't?

he absolutely does. He can ask, but not expect. I think after putting up 2K yards, he's earned more than what they paid him. However, alot of his yards was statpadding, but thats another debate.

Holding out because he doesn't like the contract he agreed to doesn't fly.
    But couldn't you also make the point that he basically signed a rookie contract that was associated, in most ways, by the position he was drafted (slotted contract)?

Just because the scouts for teams didn't see what he was capable of at the next level, doesn't mean he isn't worth more money based on his production.

Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    But couldn't you also make the point that he basically signed a rookie contract that was associated, in most ways, by the position he was drafted (slotted contract)?

Just because the scouts for teams didn't see what he was capable of at the next level, doesn't mean he isn't worth more money based on his production.
    You can make whatever point you want.

Fact is: Drafted in the 1st round, obviously had talent.

Signed a contract for 5 year, 12 mil, with 7 mil guaranteed.

thats not exactly scrub money.

his first year, he put up 1200 yards and 9 TD's, pretty good. worth what they paid I think.

second year, had a once in a career season, he will NOT replicate that again.

Should they pay him more? Probably. Does he deserve more? Yeah, why not. Are the Titans required to give him more like he believes? Absolutely not. Play out your contract, and when it nears the end then worry about money. Asking doesn't hurt, but holding out does.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:
    ejmat wrote:
    Although Chad has grown over the past two years he hasn't done anything either to warrant a higher payday yet. He's solid and getting better but he would be in the same group with Edwards. He needs to get practicing.

I do like the fact he didn't air any bad laundry though. He referred everything to Childress. I have to give him kudos for that. Maybe Edwards should have taken the same approach. In a way, I'm glad he didn't. At least it was something for us to discuss during the boring off season :laugh:

Leading tackler on the team last year and 2nd on the team in INT's.

Hasn't done anything at all to warrant a bigger contract.
    No he hasn't done anything to warrant a bigger contract than he already has. Yeah he lead our team but how is he compared to the rest of hte NFL? Like I stated he is a solid contributer but it seems people get that mixed up with market value.

The guy had a couple of good years. He still has more left in his contract. Play out your contract. Continue to do well and the "bigger payday" will come. As of now he was paid pretty darn good as a first rounder that warrants what his play is. By the way he was paid an entire year for being hurt because of his being to over-zealous on an opening kick off in preseason. So please don't try and be sarcastic when there is more to it than tackles and INTs. Compare it to other players in the league. Not just the Vikings.

That is your opinion.

To bad it's the wrong one!

He blew out a knee in preseason. So f*ing what!

Are you 1 of the guys who wanted Ernie Sims instead of Greenway? (Detroit loved him so much that they traded him because he is reportedly such a punk) Can't get over it?

This is his last year under contract and normally you try and sign you better players before they get to free agency.

Do you think he will hold out?

I don't!!

Not one of the Vikings best players? Your opinion, not mine!

1st or 2nd on the team in tackles for all 3 years he has played.

2009 6th ranked defense
    2008 6th ranked defense

I think it makes it relevant being he was the leading tackler on the 6th best defense in the league.

2007 28th overall in NFL in tackles 7th among OLB
    2008 18th overall in tackles 3rd among OLB
    2009 40th overall in tackles 7th among OLB

That would give him an average of 25th place per year.

Not bad since there are 352 defensive starters each week in the NFL.

That puts him in the top 7% of the starters in the NFL.

I say it is worth giving him a new contract.

Just my opinion!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:

You can make whatever point you want.

Fact is: Drafted in the 1st round, obviously had talent.

Signed a contract for 5 year, 12 mil, with 7 mil guaranteed.

thats not exactly scrub money.

his first year, he put up 1200 yards and 9 TD's, pretty good. worth what they paid I think.

second year, had a once in a career season, he will NOT replicate that again.

Should they pay him more? Probably. Does he deserve more? Yeah, why not. Are the Titans required to give him more like he believes? Absolutely not. Play out your contract, and when it nears the end then worry about money. Asking doesn't hurt, but holding out does.
    Again I agree with you on all points.

My only issue is related to his current contract. He signed it, came in and produced over and above it, instead of holding out at the beginning.

Kindof along the lines of what we hear all the old vets say, put it on tape/on the field and you will get paid.

I for one would rather see them do it CJ's way and then have the staff go ahead and rework the deal instead of watching them hold out in the beginning and then not amount to anything.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast