Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Why Isn't Greenway Practicing?

ejmat wrote:
    Although Chad has grown over the past two years he hasn't done anything either to warrant a higher payday yet. He's solid and getting better but he would be in the same group with Edwards. He needs to get practicing.

I do like the fact he didn't air any bad laundry though. He referred everything to Childress. I have to give him kudos for that. Maybe Edwards should have taken the same approach. In a way, I'm glad he didn't. At least it was something for us to discuss during the boring off season :laugh:
    I understand Edward's stance more than Greenways though.

Edwards was pegged for a big pay raise, the rules changed and he didn't get his paycheck. i'd be kinda pissed too. He's said he doesn't hold it against the Vikings, and he's not holding out.

Greenway, if this is in fact about contract, signed a contract as a first round pick. I don't know what he's making, but its probably decent money. Play out your contract, then talk dollar amounts when it comes time to re-sign. Edwards played his out.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

ejmat wrote:
    Although Chad has grown over the past two years he hasn't done anything either to warrant a higher payday yet. He's solid and getting better but he would be in the same group with Edwards. He needs to get practicing.

I do like the fact he didn't air any bad laundry though. He referred everything to Childress. I have to give him kudos for that. Maybe Edwards should have taken the same approach. In a way, I'm glad he didn't. At least it was something for us to discuss during the boring off season :laugh:

Leading tackler on the team last year and 2nd on the team in INT's.

Hasn't done anything at all to warrant a bigger contract.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

whackthepack wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

Guess he's no longer the pig farmer from Awe Shucks, South Dakota any longer!

Hope they get it worked out soon, whatever the issue.
    ďWhat takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Itís the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

whackthepack wrote:

Good point, "wackthepack"! (considering you're being sarcastic)

On the positive side: Chad Greenway is a great pass defender as a linebacker. He had one interception less than the guy who led the team in interceptions (Cedric Griffin) plus the same number of pass deflection. As a linebacker, that's a pretty impresive feat!

Oh... and by the way, Greenway also has back-to-back seasons with 100+ tackles. Three season if you include his 99 tackles this last season.

On the negative side: Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for the secondary when a linebacker is one pick away from tying the team leader. I hope this will improve as Cedric Griffin is clearly improving his interception skills every year, Lito Sheppard is already a well-known ball hawk, and the youngsters (Asher Allen, Chris Cook, Tyrell Johnson) has a bright future infront of them. From what I've heard, Chris Cook is an interception machine in training camp.

bsmithberkley is offline Pro-Bowler

HEY wrote:
    whackthepack wrote:

Good point, "wackthepack"! (considering you're being sarcastic)

On the positive side: Chad Greenway is a great pass defender as a linebacker. He had one interception less than the guy who led the team in interceptions (Cedric Griffin) plus the same number of pass deflection. As a linebacker, that's a pretty impresive feat!

Oh... and by the way, Greenway also has back-to-back seasons with 100+ tackles. Three season if you include his 99 tackles this last season.

On the negative side: Unfortunately, it doesn't look good for the secondary when a linebacker is one pick away from tying the team leader. I hope this will improve as Cedric Griffin is clearly improving his interception skills every year, Lito Sheppard is already a well-known ball hawk, and the youngsters (Asher Allen, Chris Cook, Tyrell Johnson) has a bright future infront of them. From what I've heard, Chris Cook is an interception machine in training camp.
    Cook also had 3 INTs returned for TDs in college. Look at the top CBs that came out and you find few of them with any. He may miss a few and look bad now and again, but, I have a feeling he turns into a feared CB who jumps routes and comes up with a fair amount of INTs. Just hope we have a good safety to put behind him.
    None

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

whackthepack wrote:
    ejmat wrote:

No he hasn't done anything to warrant a bigger contract than he already has. Yeah he lead our team but how is he compared to the rest of hte NFL? Like I stated he is a solid contributer but it seems people get that mixed up with market value.

The guy had a couple of good years. He still has more left in his contract. Play out your contract. Continue to do well and the "bigger payday" will come. As of now he was paid pretty darn good as a first rounder that warrants what his play is. By the way he was paid an entire year for being hurt because of his being to over-zealous on an opening kick off in preseason. So please don't try and be sarcastic when there is more to it than tackles and INTs. Compare it to other players in the league. Not just the Vikings.

VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Greenway: There is no contract issue

Greenway said his issue wasn't injury or contract related, which in reality would be the only two reasons he would be present for the camp (he was) yet fail to take participate. Some of the speculation centered on the fact Greenway is entering the last year of his rookie contract and possibly wasn't happy because there have been no known talks of an extension.
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

More people need to take a page from Greenway's book and do this:

I signed a five-year contract, and Iím going to play it out to the best of my ability.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

i_bleed_purple wrote:

I signed a five-year contract, and Iím going to play it out to the best of my ability.
    No kidding on that one.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:

Who hasn't?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast