Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    VikingMike is offline Jersey Retired

Why Isn't Greenway Practicing?

Do the Vikings Have a Problem With Chad Greenway Too?

Is it time to add Chad Greenway to the growing list of Viking players who are suffering from mild to severe cases of off-season discontent?

Don’t know. But there is something slightly mysterious going on with him.

Apparently, throughout this weekend’s minicamp, Greenway came out to stretch with the team, but instead of practicing, returned with other injured players to the locker room.
    This morning, the linebacker spoke to KFAN’s Paul Allen about the situation. “Coach and I had a little agreement and that’s all I can say about that,” he explained, adding, “You’ll have to ask the head guy about that one.”
    Any man who afflicts the human race with ideas must be prepared to see them misunderstood. - H.L. Mencken

Come from the land of the ice and snow...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re:Why Isn't Greenway Practicing?

VikingMike wrote:
    Do the Vikings Have a Problem With Chad Greenway Too?

Is it time to add Chad Greenway to the growing list of Viking players who are suffering from mild to severe cases of off-season discontent?

Don’t know. But there is something slightly mysterious going on with him.

Apparently, throughout this weekend’s minicamp, Greenway came out to stretch with the team, but instead of practicing, returned with other injured players to the locker room.
    This morning, the linebacker spoke to KFAN’s Paul Allen about the situation. “Coach and I had a little agreement and that’s all I can say about that,” he explained, adding, “You’ll have to ask the head guy about that one.”
    he better get his ass in camp, we need him.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

[strike]Edwards[/strike] Greenway is overated and only gets his because of the 3 Probowlers on the DL. JK, couldn't resist that one. :laugh:

Not saying this has anything to do with contract disputes, however, I fear we are going to see more and more of instances like this if we don't see something done in the bargaining agreement discussions.

On a side note, I for one like that they don't disclose what the issue is. Old Cliche' but a good one. "Whats said behind these doors shall remain behind these doors".

Sometimes a little to much laundry is aired if you ask me, especially when it comes to contract negotiations.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

I'm getting the impressions the 'disagreement' wasn't a contract thing, just a general disagreement. If he wsn't going to practice due to contract, why would he show up and stretch?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    I'm getting the impressions the 'disagreement' wasn't a contract thing, just a general disagreement. If he wsn't going to practice due to contract, why would he show up and stretch?
    Sounds like a copy of what Revis was doing. Showed cause he had to, however, he took reps off/played sick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Sounds like a copy of what Revis was doing. Showed cause he had to, however, he took reps off/played sick.
    If he doesn't want to practice then send him home. If he stays home tomorrow cut him and play someone who wants to be there.

Blog Entries

Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    If he doesn't want to practice then send him home. If he stays home tomorrow cut him and play someone who wants to be there.
    yeah... cuz you know.. they're going to just cut Chad Greenway.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

He doesn't need practice. Already too good.
    We're bringing purple back.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Purple Floyd wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    i_bleed_purple wrote:
    yeah... cuz you know.. they're going to just cut Chad Greenway.
    Oh shit you are right. Tomorrow isn't Christmas eve. :woohoo:

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Although Chad has grown over the past two years he hasn't done anything either to warrant a higher payday yet. He's solid and getting better but he would be in the same group with Edwards. He needs to get practicing.

I do like the fact he didn't air any bad laundry though. He referred everything to Childress. I have to give him kudos for that. Maybe Edwards should have taken the same approach. In a way, I'm glad he didn't. At least it was something for us to discuss during the boring off season :laugh:

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast