Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Why I am Against Taking a DE In the 1st Round.

For the "Bud Light $10 Mil" I have them taking Cam Jordan even though I hope they take Locker.

Rationale behind the pick follows:

a. Fans - He is a son of an all time great Viking and would be an instant fan favorite if he brings to the table the stuff he's shown at the collegiate level. Plays alot like his Dad.

YUP, like it or not, I think that the FO pukes are going to try to include the fans in their decisions making process this year as a mandate from the Ownership group. Atleast the first pick.

b. BPA - Only one on the board when I made the pick that could be considered a better player was a OT (Smith) a CB (Prince) and a bunch of reaches at QB, Mallet/Locker.

c. He has more than one move as a DE.

d. He is a LDE and thats were we need help if Ray is gone.

e. He, along with Griff and Awasom would make for a very nice rotation at LDE. (Key note, Awasom would be the designated driver for Griff and Cam )
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094570
    For the "Bud Light $10 Mil" I have them taking Cam Jordan even though I hope they take Locker.

a. Fans - He is a son of an all time great Viking and would be an instant fan favorite if he brings to the table the stuff he's shown at the collegiate level. Plays alot like his Dad.

YUP, like it or not, I think that the FO pukes are going to try to include the fans in their decisions making process this year as a mandate from the Ownership group. Atleast the first pick.

b. BPA - Only one on the board when I made the pick that could be considered a better player was a OT (Smith) a CB (Prince) and a bunch of reaches at QB, Mallet/Locker.

e. He, along with Griff and Awasom would make for a very nice rotation at LDE. (Key note, Awasom would be the designated driver for Griff and Cam )
    I doubt it.. I think we are going to select a quarterback, with Mike Pouncey or Akeem Ayers being outsiders.. Nick Fairley, Prince Amukamara or Julio Jones if they are availible but unlikely.

Besides that, how many people really care that Steve Jordans is Cam Jordans father?, it really shouldnt factor the decision at all.. Pick the best player..

There are so many defensive ends in the middle of this years draft, while Cam Jordan is a solid player i see more upside in JJ Watt and really like Ryan Kerrigan also, despite he is a bit smaller, he is still a beast, but i see more idea in re-signing Ray Edwards and using the pick on another position of need.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1094653
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094570

I doubt it.. I think we are going to select a quarterback, with Mike Pouncey or Akeem Ayers being outsiders.. Nick Fairley, Prince Amukamara or Julio Jones if they are availible but unlikely.

Besides that, how many people really care that Steve Jordans is Cam Jordans father?, it really shouldnt factor the decision at all.. Pick the best player..

There are so many defensive ends in the middle of this years draft, while Cam Jordan is a solid player i see more upside in JJ Watt and really like Ryan Kerrigan also, despite he is a bit smaller, he is still a beast, but i see more idea in re-signing Ray Edwards and using the pick on another position of need.
    I bet you if you go through the dome on game day and ask 10 people who Steve Jordan is, about half of them couldn't give you an answer.

He was a fan favourite player, much like Jimmy Kliensasser or Memo. He was good, but not an all-time great, not a guy that you just have to have the offspring of.

Not like a couple years ago, when Chris Long was available, everyone knew it was Howies kid, because Howie is still relevant.

I also seem to remember Chuck Foreman's kid was in the league for a little bit a few years ago, but we made no attempt to go after him.

This is just another example of Marty's beliefs running wild. wilf will not "Mandate" Spielman and Fraizer to take him just because his dad played for us in the 90's. Wilf isn't that stupid.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12