Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Re: why can't we get a good qb

I'd rather have Russell than Quinn.
    For some reason I think Quinn is way overrated and I've heard (not that it matters) that Quinn's FB IQ is worse than Russell's - Some guy was on KFAN the other day from one of those companies who evaluates players at the combine, and sells the information to NFL clients. (can't remember the name of the service)
    This same guy also said IHO Quinn was the most overrated player in the draft.

Regardless, as stated earlier, why push for a QB with our high pick in a class weak in QB?
    Seems ridiculous to me when we have so many other pressing needs.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"patriothater" wrote:
    when everyone is wondering about the draft and picking up someone thast will be a has been in a couple years why dont we make a couple good trades to pick up a half decent qb.
    Who out there is worth trading for?

The only thing missing from your post is thrwoing out some names and scenarios.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "patriothater" wrote:
    when everyone is wondering about the draft and picking up someone thast will be a has been in a couple years why dont we make a couple good trades to pick up a half decent qb.
    Who out there is worth trading for?

The only thing missing from your post is thrwoing out some names and scenarios.
    How about this guy?v ;D

He is a very intriguing prospect who has enough size, a strong arm and the ability to be an accurate passer, but needs to throw with better technique more consistently in order to develop.

He is definitely somewhat raw and will not be able to be as consistently productive in the pros as he was in college until he becomes much more consistent using good footwork.

He sees the entire field well, goes through his progressions and can still pick up for making small errors. He deals with deep safeties very well -- he looks them off and does a good job of going back to them at the last minute to make strong and accuracy throws.

Teams will be cautious to draft him because, until his footwork and throwing motion improve, he is going to have trouble becoming a consistent passer in the NFL. He would be a great pick towards the end of the draft and will need to spend a few seasons developing before he is ready to legitimately compete for a starting job.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I didn't forget his name.
    Left it off on purpose.

Our Good QB is on our staff already.
    Just need a RG and a couple of WR's to step up to the plate and he will have a great (YUP GREAT) year.

Wake up, smell the roses my friend, or at least read this article that has been posted on here and discussed before.
    ;D

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...ion210307.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Slade" wrote:
    QB's are a gamble in the draft. Unless you know for sure like Peyton. Quinn could be like Tim Couch for all we know.....I'm not really interested in this QB class. We need to trade down if possible or take Landry. Sure AP is great, but his injury issues cause some speculation.
    Any player can be a bust.
    Teams have to take a risk with any player they select.
    In certain cases, some team that select top notch talent may not be the best situation for that particular player due to poor coaching or poor players who are needed to support that player...

AP can be a bust. Quinn can be a bust. Russell can be a bust. Landry can be a bust. Johnson can be a bust. Thomas can be a bust. ...

Who do you like?
    Don't mention them as a possible bust.
    Dismiss it as an extremely unlikely possibility if anyone mentions it.
    Dismiss the cases offered as examples that it could happen, such as Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, etc.
    Use capital letters for emphasis and hyperbole.

Who don't you like?
    Mention them as a strong possibility of being a bust.
    Use plenty of capital letters to stress the point.
    Add a few exclamation points to drive the point home.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Slade" wrote:
    QB's are a gamble in the draft. Unless you know for sure like Peyton. Quinn could be like Tim Couch for all we know.....I'm not really interested in this QB class. We need to trade down if possible or take Landry. Sure AP is great, but his injury issues cause some speculation.
    Any player can be a bust.
    Teams have to take a risk with any player they select.
    In certain cases, some team that select top notch talent may not be the best situation for that particular player due to poor coaching or poor players who are needed to support that player...

AP can be a bust. Quinn can be a bust. Russell can be a bust. Landry can be a bust. Johnson can be a bust. Thomas can be a bust. ...

Who do you like?
    Don't mention them as a possible bust.
    Dismiss it as an extremely unlikely possibility if anyone mentions it.
    Dismiss the cases offered as examples that it could happen, such as Tony Mandarich, Ryan Leaf, etc.
    Use capital letters for emphasis and hyperbole.

Who don't you like?
    Mention them as a strong possibility of being a bust.
    Use plenty of capital letters to stress the point.
    Add a few exclamation points to drive the point home.
    You make some valid points...however I feel that the QB position is the most risky when it comes to the draft above all other positions.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

high risk high reward.
    you don't get anywhere playing it safe.

ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach

Why would you want Jamarcus Russell because if we wanted a big dumb QB we would've kept Daunte

Formerly Viking24

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr." wrote:
    Why would you want Jamarcus Russell because if we wanted a big dumb QB we would've kept Daunte
    What makes you think Jamarcus is dumb?

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    What makes you think Jamarcus is dumb?
    I think it is an over-reaction to the fact that Quinn attended Notre Dame, and Russell didn't.
    But I read some comments on Russell being less NFL ready than Quinn, which means mental preparation, not physical readiness.

What makes you think he is not dumb, or is as smart as any other QB?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast