Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    jhirchak1 is offline Rookie

Re: Who's out there! The best of the remaining FA.

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    "jhirchak1" wrote:
    I would LOVE to see us nab Arrington! Anybody heard any rumblings about where he's going? We need to pursue him. He has talent, but was just under utilized in Washington.
    I doubt that we are going to get him, because Coach Childress is adament on getting good players as well as "good people" and I really dont think that he wants an attitude like LaVar. I want LaVar, but we probably are not gonna get him. Maybe we can go after Julian Peterson :grin: :grin: :grin:
    I'm not too familiar with Lavar's problems in Washington, I thought it was more a disagreement between himself and coach Gibbs. Was it a T.O. like situation?

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

the only QB's on that list i would think about is kerry collins, jamie martin, and if harrington is released, Joey. aaron brooks can go to the CFL.

Would you look at some of those linebackers out there! In my opinion linebackers are the one position we need to fill. We have Brad Johnson at QB whose great in the West Coast system. Chester Taylor is going to be a great Running back (just because he didn't start doesn't mean anything, Jamal Lewis's last backup was Priest Holmes) Our line could use a little help but hutch should help a lot. Koren Robinson and Williamson along with taylor and Marcus Robinson make our recieving core one of the deepest. So our D line is going to be great with the Williams duo and dont forget about udeze would showed a lot of talent before he went down. Our Corners are deep but I wouldn't mind adding one or two. Sharper is our FS and Offord strong. I would like to sign a SS off that list. Now our line backers need help. If we could sign one or two of those off that list than we are set. I would personally like too see Julian Peterson. Plus, Leber could be good. Plus, If we package our 1st and 2 2nd rounders we can move up and draft AJ Hawk who will without a doubt be one of the best linebackers in the league in a couple of years and would start right away.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

I'm very surprised to see Tony Richardson on that list. He's as good as they come at FB. I personally don't think we need a FB but if they were interviewing that chump form GB why not give Richardson a look. That guy makes KCs running attack what it is....well that and the great O-line

[color=red]

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Good god we are lucky to have locked up K-Rob. Between the free agent recievers and this year's draft class, if we lost him it would be a giant downgrade. Also, isn't that the exact same list of CBs as last year?

[color=red]

Prophet Guest

"vikings11_27" wrote:
    ...Coach Childress is adamant on getting good players as well as "good people"...
    That appears to be a very true statement. Don't expect T-Ho, Meshawn, Aaron Brooks, Najev 'crapmaster' Davenport, Mike 'the mouth' Vanderjagt, etc. signings. I know, I don't know them personally, just agreeing that if they are more about ME then the team they are not coming to Minnesota. I am thankful for that. Give me a bunch of no-namers that have potential and buy into the system and I'll be happy.

whiteviking24 is offline Pro-Bowler

dang it all !!!

no more johnstone OR newman??

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

We should take a shot with Aaron Brooks. I think he could play awsome with us. I know he wasn't extremely good with the Saints but they aren't that great of a team. IMO, he could do good with us.

Ahh Lamar Gordon, man I remember when he use to kick so much a$$ in college. He played at NDSU and I use to go to all of there home games when he played for them. He averaged like 200 yards a game and broke almost every record possible. That would be kind of cool if we got him although he wouldn't play much for us.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123