Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Who's with me on saying "good riddance!"

get a tarkenton or a page jersey. you dont ever have to worry about them being traded. and you cant go wrong one of the best players in vikings history.

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

now my culpepper jersy is worth nothing. and i will need another. how gay
    We're bringing purple back.

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

I'm against all of this f--- this bull----! I will really miss daunte if he goes. I'd rather have Culpepper than Childress.

I'd like to say that I think the majority of those in favour of this trade are pessimistic sheep. They read the bad that the papers write, remember the bad plays, and do their best to forget the unbelievable plays that make Culpepper one of the best QB's in the NFL. We get a new coach and everyone is willing to accept him because he is new. He wants to install the West Coast offense and suddenly it is the offense superbowl teams use. All the management has to do is propose somthing and many fans are suddenly adavent supporters of even the most nonsensical plans of rookie leadership. So, go ahead and cheer at the demise of one of the greatest players Minnesota has ever seen, but know when Brad Johnson throws for 2500 yards and Daunte is ripping up the league elsewhere that you sheepishly supported this maniacal scheme.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

good bye Daunte and great career here in minnesota...thanks for all the turnovers, boat partying and the great things you didnt do...thanks for getting the great Randy traded...bye bye ...jerk

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    good bye Daunte and great career here in minnesota...thanks for all the turnovers, boat partying and the great things you didnt do...thanks for getting the great Randy traded...bye bye ...jerk
    randy got traded because he had a beef with red. and i suppose we can just forget all of the great things daunte did. :roll: its rediculous how quickly so many people turned on him. come on people, dont let the media dictate how you feel.

Thank you man! The media spin is being repeated by multiple posters here. I'm listening to Type O Negative's song "Everything Dies" and Daunte's situation has the melancholly feel to me that the song has. To brighter days.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"olson_10" wrote:
    good bye daunte..when whatever team you get traded to has a star player that steals your spotlight, may you force management to trade them..when you sit out half of your worst season ever with a horrendous career ending caliber injury, may you ask to be paid more..when you go to a social gathering with your teammates, may you ask a stripper for an awesome BJ right there in front of everyone, and then blame the ugly white guy in the corner..daunte, may you stand around looking completely lost and clueless when you realize that you will have to use your brain when determining how to beat a defense that has not placed 4 guys on your star receiver..good luck daunte, i realize that you did do some good things here, but when it all comes down to it, i am truely hurt by the way you behaved off of the field, and by the way you performed on the field last year..but thanks for all the cap space when you forced moss out, that was nice of you!
    Once again, link please.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

KJ
    KJ is offline Pro-Bowler

"SheyD11285" wrote:
    I'd like to say that I think the majority of those in favour of this trade are pessimistic sheep. They read the bad that the papers write, remember the bad plays, and do their best to forget the unbelievable plays that make Culpepper one of the best QB's in the NFL. We get a new coach and everyone is willing to accept him because he is new. He wants to install the West Coast offense and suddenly it is the offense superbowl teams use. All the management has to do is propose somthing and many fans are suddenly adavent supporters of even the most nonsensical plans of rookie leadership. So, go ahead and cheer at the demise of one of the greatest players Minnesota has ever seen, but know when Brad Johnson throws for 2500 yards and Daunte is ripping up the league elsewhere that you sheepishly supported this maniacal scheme.
    He's the one that wrote the email, and he's the one that wrote his ticket out of here. There's nobody to blame but Daunte himself. You're just in denial.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"SheyD11285" wrote:
    Alright, assuming that everything you say is true, what would you have us do at this point?

Daunte was looking for "the love" when he asked for more money...and didn't get it.

Daunte was looking for "the love" when he asked if he'd been shoped...and didn't get it.

So, feeling "unloved", he threw a hissy and alerted the MEDIA that he wants out of Minnesota....

..what a classy move.

What should we do now? Sit down with him and say, "Oh Daunte, we're SOOOOO sorry we hurt your feelings. Of COURSE we love you. Here, how about we make a 12 million dollar signing bonus. And, just as soon as you're ready, we'll run that wicked conniving Brad Johnson out of town on a rail. Everyone knows he only won those 7 games because of the Defense. Oh...wait....I think there's a spot on your buttocks that we didn't kiss...bend over again, will ya?"

Nope.

Every criticism of Daunte that has been flooding out of late is valid. The biggest reason that we didn't harp on it previously is that he was a Viking...and we do tend to forgive a lot from "Our guys".

Face it, Daunte had an up-n-down career here. He started well, got stronger, then tanked. Rebounded, had one PHENOMINAL year, then tanked again...hard. He has the highest fumble ratio of any QB...EVER. Can't run a 2-minute drill at gun point. Crumbles under pressure. And, worst, can't read Defenses.

This is "one of the greatest players Minnesota has ever seen"? I don't know if I'd go that far. In all my years I've seen a lot of GREAT players. I will say that Daunte had the POTENTIAL to be one of the greatest...but he always seemed to fall on his face when it came to crunch time.

So, sorry if I disagree with you...but I do. That doesn't mean I'm lapping up every little dribble that the "New" regime is spilling...it simply means that when I look at this situation for what it is - the end result of a prima-donna's temper tantrum gone bad - I am THRILLED that we are cutting him loose rather than risking a T-Hoe repeat on OUR team.

HE threw the gauntlet...he shouldn't be suprised that Zygi picked it up.

Caine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast