Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Whos Left at WR

"Billy" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

And I agree that there is no need to buy just to buy. Signing a malcontent just for the sake of signing someone would be a big mistake. It would be like buying a pair of shorts that don't fit, just because they were the last pair. Then you're stuck with your nutsack blowing in the wind.
    Unless its your moms money, or in this situation, the Vikings.
    If there is cap space I don't believe one or two year deals hurt anybody.
    Asumming you leave space for rookies, unexpected FA's, and of course prostitutes.
    But of course Vikes dont wanna do that since it is their money.

Purplexing got a rebutle?
    :P
    They hurt if you overpay for a deal that lasts more than a year.. it effects next years cap room by paying crappier players more money... there is always the cuts before and after the draft so all we can do is wait patiently and stop complaining, have we lost a game this season yet??

Thanks josdin00

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

"tb04512" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

And I agree that there is no need to buy just to buy. Signing a malcontent just for the sake of signing someone would be a big mistake. It would be like buying a pair of shorts that don't fit, just because they were the last pair. Then you're stuck with your nutsack blowing in the wind.
    Asumming you leave space for rookies, unexpected FA's, and of course prostitutes.

They hurt if you overpay for a deal that lasts more than a year.. it effects next years cap room by paying crappier players more money... there is always the cuts before and after the draft so all we can do is wait patiently and stop complaining, have we lost a game this season yet??

Your argument didn't consider the points I made.
    Short contracts (one person signed to a two year contract with an extra mil, wont hurt shit).
    Leaving a cushion in cap room.

More prostitutes.

The only point that you could have made was the fact that overpaying inferior players can cause contempt among the ranks.
    You did not do that.

My point was if your hanging out at the Cap minimum and pretentnding your the MN Twins you better enjoy the breeze cause essentially your balls will be blowing in the wind in that situation too.

The NFL doesnt have a Farm League like the MLB's.
    Arena and Europe are not farm leagues. Not spending is not as good an option as it is in baseball.

And since you quoted me I am assuming you were refering to me being the one complaining.
    I am not complaining and I dont see any evidence of complaining.
    I was following up on SnoBumMN's comments and Purplexing's earlier ones. I am offering a differant viewpoint ( the right one 8)).
    I am sure both of those two are open to conversation, they both are pretty level headed and should be ok with people not saying "yes, your exactly right".
    I havn't complained yet here and you probably won't see it happen.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

laujesse is offline Starter

The list was missing Charles Rogers. We should sign him and Travis Taylor again.

If we trade for Mike Williams and Koren Robinson then we can have the complete top 10 in the draft WR bust set.

1) Travis Taylor
    2) Charles Rogers
    3) Troy Williamson
    4) Mike Williams
    5) Koren Robinson

If we dont we are doomed.
    ;D

THE LAST MELLON!!!
    Tom Powers < Hetero

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

"Billy" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

Short contracts (one person signed to a two year contract with an extra mil, wont hurt pooh).

More prostitutes.

The only point that you could have made was the fact that overpaying inferior players can cause contempt among the ranks.
    You did not do that.

My point was if your hanging out at the Cap minimum and pretentnding your the MN Twins you better enjoy the breeze cause essentially your balls will be blowing in the wind in that situation too.

Arena and Europe are not farm leagues. Not spending is not as good an option as it is in baseball.

And since you quoted me I am assuming you were refering to me being the one complaining.
    I was following up on SnoBumMN's comments and Purplexing's earlier ones. I am offering a differant viewpoint ( the right one 8)).
    I am sure both of those two are open to conversation, they both are pretty level headed and should be ok with people not saying "yes, your exactly right".

This board would be pretty boring if everyone agreed on everything.

I appreciate the debate, and no hard feelings.
    -Sno

Billy Boy is offline Hall of Famer

Let us not forget that a lot of the inital enthusiasm for Zygi Wilf was his self proclomation that he was not afraid to spend.
    I agree with y'all that we should not go out and throw money around (unless its prostitutes).
    Just making the point that Jamal Lewis type contracts are great for everybody.

It is not ignorant to look at FA but ignorant to stare at it.

**I will from now on be mentioning prostitutes in every post within this thread no matter how irrelavant it is.

All the kids my age pee their pants, it's the coolest.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"Billy" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "Billy" wrote:
    "SnoBumMN" wrote:

Short contracts (one person signed to a two year contract with an extra mil, wont hurt pooh).

More prostitutes.

You did not do that.

i have not seen you complain it was more of a generalization, and the contracts playersare getting are more than 1 mill extra, they are getting way overpayed for their numbers... but like some have posted look at the money we have spent in the recnt years and it has not brought a superbowl, or even close.... i like others love debate and can keep a cool head.. more prostitutes 8)

Thanks josdin00

laujesse is offline Starter

They gotta eat too...
    Tom Powers < Hetero

bigbadragz is offline Coordinator

not for nothing guys but that's the market.
    and i believe it was perplex, what cretans are you talking about.
    stallworth.
    i didn't know drew bennet had such a checkered past, i didn't know kelly washington proved himself as being the next terrel owens.
    we couldnt pursue a trade for wes welker, we don't make a run at some young restricted free agents like hacket and the guy in dallas i can't remember now, to give up picks.
    i'm just saying they're was options.

and enough with this money stuff too.
    we are almost 30 million under the cap. are you guys saving this for a rainy day.
    you act like if we signed one vet wr who has proven he can play in the nfl is gonna doom the vikes cap for the next 10 years.
    i dont remember anyone complaining when we were setting a precedent signing a guard to tackle money, or when we signed a kicker to good money, or a backup rb with little experience carrying the load.
    now all of a sudden we are gonna talk about fiscal responsibility.

we haven't made any moves to really help the position.
    at best bobby wade has more upside than travis taylor.
    so the point in the end is, you take a risk giving a young qb, just as many green wrs.
    LET THAT WHICH DOES NOT MATTER, TRULY SLIDE

The Pats traded for Welker because their draft slots in rd 1 don't guarantee them a chance to pick a top WR, or LB or DE.
    At 24 and 28, most of the players they want to add to fill holes will likely be gone.

The Vikings pick 7th, so they can fill the DE or WR need with a top talent in those positions.
    ---> No need to trade, which is, theoretically. 'value neutral'; i.e you need to give up something to get something.
    Draft picks are 'value positive'; you get a new player, and the value is determined by the draft selection position.

The Vikings cap money being withheld is budgetted for draft picks and, possibly, free agents cut after draft picks create logjams on teams' depth charts.
    I don't go to the store and buy a Barbra Streisand CD because I have $$$ in my pocket and the store ran out of the CDs by bands I like.
    I hold onto my money and wait for the store to re-stock their CDs.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I don't go to the store and buy a Barbra Streisand CD because I have $$$ in my pocket and the store ran out of the CDs by bands I like.
    I hold onto my money and wait for the store to re-stock their CDs.
    Candidate for quote of the day.
    We need to start a thread for gems like this.
    Then we wouldn't have to keep using the search button for them.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast