Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Whos Left at WR

Sorry for the the WR (seriously i know and im sorry) thread but no one would look at the old ones to get a conversation goin.(i had it posted in leftovers)Someone else can look up the stats for arguements sake if you want but heres the list of people who i think worth a mention and are available.What do you guys think the best options are? (i know its a WR thread, sorry)

Troy Brown WR UFA 5-10 196 14 Patriots
    I didnt know he was a FA.(maybe not???)Worth the money he would take though, I think.

Antonio Bryant WR Released 6-2 188 5yr 49ers
    He was supposed to have a breakout season with the 49ers, too much of a turd for us though.

Terrence Copper WR RFA 6-0 201 3yr Saints

I don't know what hes tendered at but had a solid season last year. Maybe worth picking up.

Patrick Crayton WR RFA 6-0 205 3yr Cowboys
    Im pretty sure he's tendered way too high though. Was good last year though maybe hes worth.

Bobby Engram WR UFA 5-10 188 11yr Seahawks
    Maybe too old, but i say sign him up. Beggers can't be choosers.

Keenan McCardell WR Released 6-1 191 15yr Chargers
    Decent, but way too old.

Aaron Moorehead WR UFA 6-3 200 4yr Colts
    I would say better than anyone we have. Impressed me last season. (i think the colts resigned him though)

Eric Moulds WR Released 6-2 210 11yr Texans
    Old but a possibility.

Brandon Stokley WR Released 5-11 197 8yr Colts

Really i would take anything new, what could be worse than last season?

Travis Taylor WR UFA 6-1 210 7 Vikings
    No. Just no.

Ernest Wilford WR RFA 6-4 218 3 Jaguars
    RFA. Tendered at new 2nd round i beleive.

Mediocrity at its finest boys. and girl.

Oh i forgot Marcus but unless him and Childress go on Dr Phil we won't be talking about him.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Whos Left at WR

Bide our time, let the numbers settle, pick up someone later.
    I mean, the Pats have like 8 receivers on their roster.
    There is no reason to panic right now.

Is there a new rule that ONLY WRs available and signed during the first two weeks of free agency can catch passes during the 2007 season?

Who forgot to post a link to the new rules?
    ???
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Travis Taylor would be a decent #2 WR...and will probably be one of hot WR left on the table.
    It MIGHT be worth it to take a shot at Antonio Bryant...IF we can get him to take a one-year deal.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I hear Prophet can run a pretty good out pattern ;D

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Is there a new rule that ONLY WRs available and signed during the first two weeks of free agency can catch passes during the 2007 season?

Who forgot to post a link to the new rules?
    ???
    I was just trying to see what people think. If your going to be a jerkass for the sake of being a jerkass why bother? We still do need 3 or more receivers before the season i bet 1 or more of these players at least visit right now. I know there will be other players in the existance of the NFL but these are FAs right now. I was just throwing out the names we would be able to talk about now because i dont know who else will be available later. And neither do you. Sorry purple crossing for trying to have a football conversation in the off season and not just slaging other peoples posts.

Signing free agents just because there are three (perceived) openings on the roster for WRs is wasteful and ignorant.
    There are other options; i.e. the draft,
    late pre-season cuts, and trades consummated just before the regular season begins.

WRs are not the only position that can be used to move the ball through the air.

The Pentagon of Power might opt to draft one WR in rds 1-3 and pick up one or more later in rds 4-7 or walk-ons ( e.g Hank Baskett ), and rely on drafting a TE or RB with good pass-receiving skills in rds 2 or 3 to supplement the WR crew.

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Property0f is offline Pro-Bowler

"Purplexing" wrote:
    Signing free agents just because there are three (perceived) openings on the roster for WRs is wasteful and ignorant.
    There are other options; i.e. the draft,
    late pre-season cuts, and trades consummated just before the regular season begins.

WRs are not the only position that can be used to move the ball through the air.

The Pentagon of Power might opt to draft one WR in rds 1-3 and pick up one or more later in rds 4-7 or walk-ons ( e.g Hank Baskett ), and rely on drafting a TE or RB with good pass-receiving skills in rds 2 or 3 to supplement the WR crew.

Im glad you brought up the TE option. There's definitely a possiblity that we trade down in the first and take Olsen from Miami, and take a WR early in the second.

Some would say that watching a whole pool of upgrades (each of them are better than anyone on our roster, depending on wade) and then expecting to find a rookie starter or a better option to get cut is also ignorant.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Some would say that watching a whole pool of upgrades (each of them are better than anyone on our roster, depending on wade) and then expecting to find a rookie starter or a better option to get cut is also ignorant.
    Perhaps, but that strategy is much less ignorant than signing, miscreant troubled WRs who are one controlled-substance violation away from temporary or permanent suspension only because that WR was one of the remaining available free agents.
    Team that don't have the forethought or patience to consider the alternatives with less downside risk are occassionally 'burned' (e.g. K. Robinson) by their actions.

'Upgrade' is a subjective term.
    I don't think K. Robinson would be considered an upgrade due to his large downside risk.
    The same applies to most of the 2007 free agency pool of WRs available due to their risk of suspension, misbehavior creating distractions to the team, or injury due to age or prior propensity to injury.

If you ask 'why did the Pats sign Stallworth?', my reply is that they hedged their downside risk with him by trading for Welker, and by signing Washington after Stallworth.
    The trio of signings provides insurance against some of their downside risks; i.e. suspension, poor performance, etc.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast