Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who's Hot, Who's Not - Pre-Season Week 1

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    Hot - adding to the current list

Antoine Winfield - He had three tackles for next to no gain, blowing up the screen play, getting in on a running play and a short pass.

Tyrell Johnson - Good tackling, saved a touchdown and almost caused a fumble on a hit.(It was called back)

Not

Cedric Griffin - He gets burned on the first touchdown of the night, anyone suprised?

With that said, the defense got burned once right away, and then they stopped Seattle on a short field and held them to a field goal.
    They will be fine im sure, I remember last year when we got ran against pretty good initially but we tightened it up and were still number one against the run!
    Nice first post my friend, however, if they are gonna be fine, why single Griff out for something we saw all the secondary do?

Truth be told, the pressure wasn't there by the DL, we did see the LB'rs in coverage trying to help out, as well as all the CB/S's giving up yards to recievers.

Again, nice first post but why just single out Griff?
    Heck, Antoine had to let the guys catch it so that he could tackle them didn't he?

It was a short route that Antoine gave up.
    Griffin had good position but still gave up a touchdown.
    I never really like griffin last year and we have good depth at the cornerback position, so if he doesn't perform I think he should be challenged for his job.
    I think our defense is good but I see Griffin as our weakness.
    Should he have had help over the top from a S?
    If so, who was the S?
    Maybe a youngster out there who made a mistake instead of M-will?

All hard to see from our vantage point.

I wouldn't single Griff out for a thing that is IMHO a bigger issue related to our scheme.
    It was your boy Tyrell Johnson. Sharper would have been there.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:

Antoine Winfield - He had three tackles for next to no gain, blowing up the screen play, getting in on a running play and a short pass.

Tyrell Johnson - Good tackling, saved a touchdown and almost caused a fumble on a hit.(It was called back)

Not

Cedric Griffin - He gets burned on the first touchdown of the night, anyone suprised?

With that said, the defense got burned once right away, and then they stopped Seattle on a short field and held them to a field goal.
    They will be fine im sure, I remember last year when we got ran against pretty good initially but we tightened it up and were still number one against the run!
    Nice first post my friend, however, if they are gonna be fine, why single Griff out for something we saw all the secondary do?

Truth be told, the pressure wasn't there by the DL, we did see the LB'rs in coverage trying to help out, as well as all the CB/S's giving up yards to recievers.

Heck, Antoine had to let the guys catch it so that he could tackle them didn't he?

I never really like griffin last year and we have good depth at the cornerback position, so if he doesn't perform I think he should be challenged for his job.
    If so, who was the S?

I wouldn't single Griff out for a thing that is IMHO a bigger issue related to our scheme.
    Keep dreaming.
    Sharp is on borrowed time.
    :P :P :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Yfz01" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=Yfz01 link=topic=46934.msg817254#msg817254 date=1218303868]

Not

If so, who was the S?

Keep dreaming.
    Sharp is on borrowed time.

:P :P :P
    [/quote]

It was Johnson and he seemed to be out of position but he is young so I give him a pass for now.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"litlharsh" wrote:
    that TD was also a perfect throw and Griff was pretty close to tipping it. he'll be great, you guys will see
    I was watching a football game, not horseshoes.

T-Will also came close to catching a lot of passes.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

If so, who was the S?

WAIT A MINUTE!
    Is Marr finally starting to see the light!?

I have been mentioning this for two years now & for just about that long you have stated there is no problem with the scheme, but rather with the players trying to execute it.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

HOT - Hasselbeck.
    He will shred any team that doesn't pressure him.
    Pitch and catch...precise passes.
    I give him the credit for making the #1 defense look bad.

HOT - Bobby Engram...very happy he left the Bears.
    The guy always plays well against the Vikes.

NOT - Pope (thought he was supposed to be decent), Circui (lost playing defense, totally lost.
    Stick to special teams - please), Sumrall, Nance, SHIANCOE...at some point it will begin to be a boat anchor, Martail Burnett (went backwards faster than forward), Herron (see Circui), Bollinger, Wyms (see Burnett), Chase Johnson (Very big and very slow).

HOT - TJack, Allison, BERRIAN, Leger Doable
    ;D (where did this kid come from???), Rufus (tackling machine), Erin Henderson (lotsa heart, mixes it up), Charles Gordon, Drew Radovich (I think he makes it this year and will be starting in a couple more), Reyaud (looks like he can be a very good kickoff returner...hopefully he learns to run around the kicker - they tend to be pretty slow Darius
    ;D), Tyrell Johnson (to me, he just looks like he belongs...gets people to the ground, no matter what it takes).

Cautiously optimistic - Jaymar Johnson (looks like a football player), Marcus Walker (appears to be a decent prospect), Fred Evans (flashes on some plays), Tim Mattran, John Sullivan, Thomas Tapeh, Booty (obviously very competitive).

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

If so, who was the S?

WAIT A MINUTE!
    Is Marr finally starting to see the light!?

I have been mentioning this for two years now & for just about that long you have stated there is no problem with the scheme, but rather with the players trying to execute it.
    Go easy big fella.
    Don't take my words and try to turn them into something they aren't.
    ;D

I'm not giving up on the Cover 2.
    As with the WCO, I am a huge proponent of the scheme and still find it a very interesting scheme that a team can be very successfull with if they have the right guys to run it.
    Problem with the Seahawks game is we didn't have all the pieces/parts out there to really see if our manpower issues have been solved.

Kindof fun (after a few days of being pissed) to actually look back and see how our new guys worked in that scheme.
    Seems we have a couple who might pan out and we saw a couple that might not.
    Probably still to early to tell about them however after just one pre-season game.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired

Chargers and Redskins looked damn good from what I saw of their games. Redskins are going to be a challenger in the NFC
    We're bringing purple back.

"gregair13" wrote:
    Chargers and Redskins looked gol 'darnit good from what I saw of their games. Redskins are going to be a challenger in the NFC
    I've watched every game that has been either live or re-aired so far and there are several teams that look good and further along than we are.

I am kindof upset with the Coaching staff over the Seahawks game, however, at this point it is hard to tell as the Chiller always uses such a vanilla (hate that cliche but it applies here) scheme in preseason in an attempt to not show his hand.

Again, not sure if I like that concept.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I can understand if childress was "vanilla" but you never lose at home, even if it is preseason you need to win for the hometown crowd.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast