Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who is your late round gem?

I say late 3rd to early 4th (hopefully our pick).

Anyways.. Another guy who's going to fly under the radar on draft day is Tank Tyler from NC State. He was a projected mid first round pick until a bunch of idiots like Kiper decided he had "character issues". Now they have him early to mid 2nd round. He really reminds me of Pat Williams with a mean streak.

For a halfback I really like is
    Kenneth Darby. Alabama. projected a low 4th.

I saw him play in college sometimes and he's my favorite HB in the draft. My type of runningback. Like a Jerome Bettis or Frank Gore. He's a power guy who will demoralize a defense and wears them down. He isn't afraid to go right and you and knock u on your butt. Just the guy that will run up the middle 3 times and get that first down. And my favorite offense it a power one that will go straight at you. 98 gut. you know its coming straight at you without fear and you still can't stop it. Thats how you win a game. "Forget about he score board That's for the fans. Its the war with the guy in front of you that you want to win." -Vince Lombardi. We should go at you not going over you. I see him doing for what ever team he goes to what Jerome Bettis did for PIT. The team will be beat by the fourth quarter with Darby behind qb.

Sorry for the rant. i just love power and all the stuff. Its real football and its a real victory if u demoralized the team. Big plays frustrate them not demoralize. thats why i hat Childress playcalling. He kept trying to trick the de going weak side vs weak side. You put your strength against theres and if you win that battle youve won that war. Nothing they can do to stop u.

PHOD Out
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

davike is offline Team Alumni

So who you like then davike?
    I kinda like Ben Patrick at TE. I watched him a couple games and he could be a steal. He can catch very well, I watched him make a couple extremely tough grabs. But I don't watch college ball very much so I don't know much about the later round projections.....but I do know they are important

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

i also like Ben Patrick! i saw some of his stats and read a grea bio on him, seems like a project. i am not sure what round, because i have seen a few magazines that said 2-3rd and othes said 5-6th round, so i am not totally sure.
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    For a halfback I really like is
    Kenneth Darby. Alabama. projected a low 4th.

I saw him play in college sometimes and he's my favorite HB in the draft. My type of runningback. Like a Jerome Bettis or Frank Gore. He's a power guy who will demoralize a defense and wears them down. He isn't afraid to go right and you and knock u on your butt. Just the guy that will run up the middle 3 times and get that first down. And my favorite offense it a power one that will go straight at you. 98 gut. you know its coming straight at you without fear and you still can't stop it. Thats how you win a game. "Forget about he score board That's for the fans. Its the war with the guy in front of you that you want to win." -Vince Lombardi. We should go at you not going over you. I see him doing for what ever team he goes to what Jerome Bettis did for PIT. The team will be beat by the fourth quarter with Darby behind qb.

Sorry for the rant. i just love power and all the stuff. Its real football and its a real victory if u demoralized the team. Big plays frustrate them not demoralize. thats why i hat Childress playcalling. He kept trying to trick the de going weak side vs weak side. You put your strength against theres and if you win that battle youve won that war. Nothing they can do to stop u.

PHOD Out
    I don't know much about Darby so i will have to take your word for it.
    The vikes could use a good pounding RB to get those needed 3 yards when the line has their heads up their you know whats that we saw too many times last year.
    At RB in the later rounds who i think would be great is Brandon Jackson from NE.
    Some mocks have him going as far back at the 5th round.
    I don't see him dropping that far but i think he has a lot of potenial and plays a lot like Ahman Green used to play.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

PacMan21 is offline Starter

I like Matt Trannon as well, but I'd make him bulk up and move to TE.

As for my biggest steals of the draft, Laurent Robinson (WR, Illinois St.) by far has the most potential out of any 2nd day WR this year. He ran a 4.38, he's 6-2, and displayed excelent hands at the combine. His only downfall: he played at a small school. Well I guess Jerry Rice did too (and so did T.O., just to name a few), and look where they are (not saying that Robinson is the next Rice/Owens).

I also like Quincy Black (LB, New Mexico). He's Derrick Brooks II (in the T-2 defense).

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    i also like Ben Patrick! i saw some of his stats and read a grea bio on him, seems like a project. i am not sure what round, because i have seen a few magazines that said 2-3rd and othes said 5-6th round, so i am not totally sure.
    I agree, i never seen Patrick play but i have read all about him and he sounds like a player with a lot of potenial but i have seen mocks where he goes in the 2nd or 3rd.
    I have seen TE Scott Chandler play and he can definitely create mismatches in the defense.
    He is 6'8" for starters and he has really good hands for his size since he is a converted receiver.
    He isn't the fastet but he is a pretty good route runner which might help make up for his lack of speed.
    I think he would be a good late grab, but also i have seen him go as early as the 3rd to as late as the 5th in different mocks so i guess we will have to see.
    Kevin Boss is another good possible late round TE.
    "-Leroy Hoard

"PacMan21" wrote:
    I like Matt Trannon as well, but I'd make him bulk up and move to TE.

As for my biggest steals of the draft, Laurent Robinson (WR, Illinois St.) by far has the most potential out of any 2nd day WR this year. He ran a 4.38, he's 6-2, and displayed excelent hands at the combine. His only downfall: he played at a small school. Well I guess Jerry Rice did too (and so did T.O., just to name a few), and look where they are (not saying that Robinson is the next Rice/Owens).

I also like Quincy Black (LB, New Mexico). He's Derrick Brooks II (in the T-2 defense).
    I have heard a lot of people mentio Laurent Robinson as a top second day wr.
    I have read about his stats and he does sound like a great pickup.
    I would definitely be happy with any one of those WRs in on the second day (Robinson, Baker, Jones)
    "-Leroy Hoard

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    I say late 3rd to early 4th (hopefully our pick).

Anyways.. Another guy who's going to fly under the radar on draft day is Tank Tyler from NC State. He was a projected mid first round pick until a bunch of idiots like Kiper decided he had "character issues". Now they have him early to mid 2nd round. He really reminds me of Pat Williams with a mean streak.
    You HOMER!!!

Actually, I like him too!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

My sleeper....Jessie Daniels...the OTHER safety from LSU...he will make an NFL roster and eventually start somewhere!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast