Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 147
  1. #21
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't make an effort to get him.

    Simply being athletic isn't enough to be a winner in the NFL. It may get you a shoe deal, a cereal box, and herpies, but it doesn't get you rings. If your the most athletic QB in college your gonna make some noise there but in the NFL the playing field levels out.
    Now why did you have to go and say that? Do you know how many are going to cry in their cereal after reading this post?

    You have no heart.
    No one will cry over this lol. If they love Vince enough to be hurt by these words they probably have a Vince protection shield surrouding their grey matter.

  2. #22
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't make an effort to get him.

    Simply being athletic isn't enough to be a winner in the NFL. It may get you a shoe deal, a cereal box, and herpies, but it doesn't get you rings. If your the most athletic QB in college your gonna make some noise there but in the NFL the playing field levels out.
    Now why did you have to go and say that? Do you know how many are going to cry in their cereal after reading this post?

    You have no heart.
    No one will cry over this lol. If they love Vince enough to be hurt by these words they probably have a Vince protection shield surrouding their grey matter.
    Oh, you are so wrong. The Vince lovers will be out in force today.

    You may want to lock you doors and send the family to some relatives for awhile until things calm down a bit.

  3. #23
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    Any of the top 3 would be cool IMO

    Obviously im a Vince fan though and would shoot for him..

    Vince>> Cutler (close 2nd)>> Leinart

  4. #24
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't make an effort to get him.

    Simply being athletic isn't enough to be a winner in the NFL. It may get you a shoe deal, a cereal box, and herpies, but it doesn't get you rings. If your the most athletic QB in college your gonna make some noise there but in the NFL the playing field levels out.
    Now why did you have to go and say that? Do you know how many are going to cry in their cereal after reading this post?

    You have no heart.
    No one will cry over this lol. If they love Vince enough to be hurt by these words they probably have a Vince protection shield surrouding their grey matter.
    Oh, you are so wrong. The Vince lovers will be out in force today.

    You may want to lock you doors and send the family to some relatives for awhile until things calm down a bit.
    Maybe I can put the family into a witness protection program or something?

    Hell I think I have pissed off Matt Schaub lovers, Vince Young lovers, and Vernon Davis lovers......have I missed anyone? Anyone feeling left out?

  5. #25
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    I wouldn't make an effort to get him.

    Simply being athletic isn't enough to be a winner in the NFL. It may get you a shoe deal, a cereal box, and herpies, but it doesn't get you rings. If your the most athletic QB in college your gonna make some noise there but in the NFL the playing field levels out.
    Now why did you have to go and say that? Do you know how many are going to cry in their cereal after reading this post?

    You have no heart.
    No one will cry over this lol. If they love Vince enough to be hurt by these words they probably have a Vince protection shield surrouding their grey matter.
    Oh, you are so wrong. The Vince lovers will be out in force today.

    You may want to lock you doors and send the family to some relatives for awhile until things calm down a bit.
    Maybe I can put the family into a witness protection program or something?

    Hell I think I have pissed off Matt Schaub lovers, Vince Young lovers, and Vernon Davis lovers......have I missed anyone? Anyone feeling left out?
    How about some Randy and Daunte lovers? :smile:

  6. #26
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    I talked with a buddy of mine who works in the governemnt, and we already have you protected.

    You're safe now.


  7. #27
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Rio
    I wouldn't make an effort to get him.

    Simply being athletic isn't enough to be a winner in the NFL. It may get you a shoe deal, a cereal box, and herpies, but it doesn't get you rings. If your the most athletic QB in college your gonna make some noise there but in the NFL the playing field levels out.
    Now why did you have to go and say that? Do you know how many are going to cry in their cereal after reading this post?

    You have no heart.
    No one will cry over this lol. If they love Vince enough to be hurt by these words they probably have a Vince protection shield surrouding their grey matter.
    Oh, you are so wrong. The Vince lovers will be out in force today.

    You may want to lock you doors and send the family to some relatives for awhile until things calm down a bit.
    Maybe I can put the family into a witness protection program or something?

    Hell I think I have pissed off Matt Schaub lovers, Vince Young lovers, and Vernon Davis lovers......have I missed anyone? Anyone feeling left out?
    How about some Randy and Daunte lovers? :smile:
    I have been pissing off Culpepper lovers ever since he joined the Vikings. I pissed a few people off about Randy Moss too. So I'm all set on that front.

  8. #28
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,535

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    After looking at this video wow I can't believe my eyes Vince Young is almost as good as a running back as a QB and has smarts too. Something Daunte didn't when he came to Minnie and plus this guy as explosive as dousing gasoline on a fire. Amazing best word to describe it

    Here is the video[video width=250 height=200]http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8189025168229710531&q=vince+young&pl=true[/video]

    Here is the url www.googlevideo.com

    He is an amazing player, but I do not see him on the Vikes.

    He will not make it past the Jets or the Raiders in the draft.

    The Vikings are changing their offense from a stretch offense to a West Coast Offense. The WCO uses a pocket passer, and that is not the type of game Vince plays. He needs to be in a stretch offense like Oakland runs, or a team to build around him. The Vikes are putting in their offense (WCO), and the player is going to have to fit that offense or he will not do well!

    So to answer your question: No I do not want Vince because he will not fit well with the Vikings, and he will cost to much to get.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

  9. #29
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    NO THANK YOU!!! TOO MUCH RISK!!!

    Name me ONE QB in NFL history that won a Super Bowl solely on pure athletic ability...the fact of the matter is that the greatest QBs in Super Bowl history have all been the best decision-makers...not the best athletes. In almost all cases, the Super Bowl winning QB has been the one who had the steady hand...not the one who was dominating the game with athletic plays. I am sure that there are some exceptions where a QB threw a long bomb but steady play, not athleticism, most likely ruled the day.

    I will definitely pass on Vince Young!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  10. #30
    Big C is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    828

    Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

    The only time I saw Young play was duriung the rose bowl. The thing that caught my eye was his awareness in the pocket and his field of vision. He seemed calm even when the pocket collapsed. But that was also probably one of the best games of his career.

    If he is their at #17 I wouldn't think twice about picking him up. Not worth trading up for.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Young?
    By Brazilian Rider in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM
  2. Vikings: Young and the Rested: Vince Young
    By singersp in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 04-29-2006, 04:04 AM
  3. Vince Young
    By BadlandsVikings in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 03:58 AM
  4. Anyone want to see Vince Young as our next QB?
    By VikesfaninWis in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 01-23-2006, 10:08 PM
  5. Vince Young on Leno
    By hailtocarter in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-06-2006, 10:47 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •