Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415
    Jeremy is offline Starter

Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

"cajunvike" wrote:
    So you are saying that 57% with a 17.6 yard average per completion SUCKS in college? Because that's what Vick did during his two years in college (very similar to what Young did HIS first two years) and we will leave out the third year since there is no data for Vick for us to compare.

The bottom line is that Young does NOT fit our WCO offense...so THAT is why I don't want him...plain and simple.
    He fits. He's accurate and mobile.

57% sucks. 1,840 yards sucks. 12TD's sucks. If you average over 15 yards an attempt all you are doing is throwing up long bombs.

Vince is light years ahead of him, in terms of passing ability coming out of college. He's more Cunningham than Mike Vick.

umaguma1979 is offline Asst. Coach

I dont think the Vikings will take Young, who is a very risky pick. More Vince Young will not be an immediate starter, but he has more upside than any other player. This day in age, most NFL teams seem to be after an immediate starter to lower the risk associated with tieing up salary cap money that a high draft pick commands. Even with an aging Johnson, the Vikings might be a couple impact lineman & linebackers from contending next year.

That said, if Cutler is still on the board after the Rams pick, I think the Vikes will trade up and get Cutler.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Say no to Vince Young......

Just as important....say no to packaging our picks to move up

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Troy Smith next year. He is the real fricken deal!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Jeremy" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    So you are saying that 57% with a 17.6 yard average per completion SUCKS in college? Because that's what Vick did during his two years in college (very similar to what Young did HIS first two years) and we will leave out the third year since there is no data for Vick for us to compare.

The bottom line is that Young does NOT fit our WCO offense...so THAT is why I don't want him...plain and simple.
    He fits. He's accurate and mobile.

57% sucks. 1,840 yards sucks. 12TD's sucks. If you average over 15 yards an attempt all you are doing is throwing up long bombs.

Vince is light years ahead of him, in terms of passing ability coming out of college. He's more Cunningham than Mike Vick.
    Vince's junior year is the ONLY difference between him and Vick...their first two years were almost identical.

So basically, while Vince chose to stay in college his third year, Vick chose instead to go and play with the Big Boys of the NFL. Vince won't fare any better than Vick did his first few years.

BTW, it was 17.6 yards per completion, not attempt....and "light years" is way too much of an exaggeration of the differences between Vick and Young...the fact is that despite the differences in stats, their styles are very similar...and I would want NEITHER of them playing for the Vikes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"umaguma1979" wrote:
    I dont think the Vikings will take Young, who is a very risky pick. More Vince Young will not be an immediate starter, but he has more upside than any other player. This day in age, most NFL teams seem to be after an immediate starter to lower the risk associated with tieing up salary cap money that a high draft pick commands. Even with an aging Johnson, the Vikings might be a couple impact lineman & linebackers from contending next year.
    That said, if Cutler is still on the board after the Rams pick, I think the Vikes will trade up and get Cutler.
    Good assessment, umaguma!!! Except you forgot to add a STUD RB in there as well and Donnie Edwards is the LB we need!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SACK OF TURDS!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415