"Prophet" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Quote Originally Posted by mnjamie
    Quote Originally Posted by VIKINGinGEORGIA
    Quote Originally Posted by jkjuggalo
    If we wanted a big dumb quarterback that can run and makes bad decisions we would have kept Daunte Culpepper. :shock:
    OK, F.T is the best Viking QB ever.(if you don't know who F.T is please do not reply to this post) But you guys are starting to piss me off by bashing Culpepper's performance on the field. BIG DUMB Qb. Her is a list of QB's for the VIKes. In over 40 years you tell me 5 more QBs you rather have.

1 - Tony Adams, 1987
    2 - Bob Berry, 1965-67; 1973-76
    3 - Steve Bono, 1985-86
    4 - Bill Cappleman, 1970
    5 - John McCormick, 1962
    6 - Jim McMahon, 1993
    7 - Warren Moon, 1994
    8 - John Reaves, 1979
    9 - Gilbert Renfroe, 1990
    10 - Gary Cuozzo, 1968-71
    11 - Daunte Culpepper, 1999-present
    12 - Randall Cunningham
    13 - Steve Dils, 1979-83
    14 - Rich Gannon, 1987-92
    15 - King Hill, 1968 (also played punter)
    16 - Brad Johnson, 1992-94, 2005-present
    17 - Joe Kapp, 1967-69
    18 - Bob Lee, 1969-72; 1975-78
    19 - Mike Livingston, 1980
    20 - Sean Salisbury, 1990-94
    21 - George Shaw, 1961
    22 - Norm Snead, 1971
    23 - Gino Torretta, 1993
    24 - Ron VanderKelen, 1963-67
    25 - Mike Wells, 1973-74
    26 - Wade Wilson, 1981-91
    27 - Todd Bouman
    28 - Shaun Hill
    29 - J.T. O'Sullivan
    30. Gene Ramsey
    31. Tommy Crammer

Gente
    Just an FYI ... Krammer is spelled with a "K". Just trying to help out ..... :lol:
    Just an FYI ... Kramer is spelled with only ONE "M". Just trying to help out .... :evil4:
    Ha haa!

Jaime just got served! :lol:
    As it stated ... I really was just trying to help out .... I hate spelling Nazi's. The only one's worse are the grammer nazi's. :evil:
    That would be Nazis and ones (no apostrophe) and grammar (no e).

As far as grammar goes, the second sentence should state, " The only ones THAT ARE worse are the grammar Nazis." :evil4:
    If you are looking at grammar and spelling then consider omitting unnecessary spaces after the opening quotation. Also, consider rewriting the entire sentence for clarity.

:evil4: :evil4: :evil4: :evil4:
    Perhaps you should post an example.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who wouldn't want Vince Young

"mnjamie" wrote:
    Caj ... see what you started. Now all the spelling/grammer nazi's are out again.

This is what I think most of them must look like:

Man, you are thickheaded...it's grammAr (no e) and Nazis (not possessive, just plural). :roll:

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    Caj ... see what you started. Now all the spelling/grammer nazi's are out again.

This is what I think most of them must look like:

Man, you are thickheaded...it's grammAr (no e) and Nazis (not possessive, just plural). :roll:
    That's my point .. I'm on an internet chat board ... I DON'T CARE !!!! :lol:

Here is something better for all the spelling / grammEr nazi's out there:

Count the black dots .......... AND LEAVE ME ALONE !!!! :wink:

"Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    Vikings QB's win percentage:

Bob Lee .818
    Jeff George .800
    Gary Cuozzo .762
    Cunningham .696
    Jim McMahon .667
    Brad Johnson .652
    Joe Kapp .590
    Wade Wilson .564
    Tarkenton .556
    Moon .538
    Tommy Kramer .491
    Culpepper .475

Not a whole lot too this stat I just find it interesting.

Personally of the list given of people I would take over Daunte I would have to go with

Tarkenton
    Randle Cunningham
    Kramer
    Brad Johnson
    Warren Moon
    WTF? Where is Steve Dils you SOB?

You are just turning a blind eye to one of the greatest to ever wear the Viking uniform!

/sarcasm off

Steve Dils
    I apologize lol :lol: For the record I would NOT take Dils over the Pepper
    Dill threw 600 passes as a Viking. He did not complete half of those. Best ever? Doubt it dude.

WTF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW you guys seriously need to stop with the remarks about Vince Young. You don't even know how he's going to perform in the NFL. Do you know him personally? NO! Some people make me mad when they kill somebody saying I DON'T WANT HIM I DONT WANT HIM I DONT WANT HIM ON OUR TEAM HE IS DUMB! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OW just chill out.......everyone is going to have their own opinion and is there any way you can control the team's decision? NO! So BACK OFF and shut up cause your just saying nonsense about what you think Vince Young is. Stop juding on the PAST is it about the PRESENT! Just like when the put college teams in the brackets! They can't put a team in the number 1 seed just because they were good in history!

Vince who?

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingschic18" wrote:
    WTF! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW you guys seriously need to stop with the remarks about Vince Young. You don't even know how he's going to perform in the NFL. Do you know him personally? NO! Some people make me mad when they kill somebody saying I DON'T WANT HIM I DONT WANT HIM I DONT WANT HIM ON OUR TEAM HE IS DUMB! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OW just chill out.......everyone is going to have their own opinion and is there any way you can control the team's decision? NO! So BACK OFF and shut up cause your just saying nonsense about what you think Vince Young is. Stop juding on the PAST is it about the PRESENT! Just like when the put college teams in the brackets! They can't put a team in the number 1 seed just because they were good in history!
    So what you are saying is that you NEVER make decisions based on past history???

How did you make it this far in life...are you a TRUST FUND BABY or do you have a SUGAR DADDY or are you GOD?

Puhleeze...every scout in the NFL is going to be looking at what Vince Young (and EVERY other player in the Draft) has done in the past...it's how things are done! To do otherwise would be to throw darts at a dartboard with names on it or to pull slips out of a hat...so you are the one who needs to SHUT UP until you learn more about how the most successful NFL teams conduct their draft decision-making.

Finally, this board is fueled by debates regarding OUR team...otherwise, it would be filled with nothing more than myriad posts that say nothing more than "GO VIKES"...which wouldn't keep many of our more astute posters interested for very long. If that's what you want, however, maybe you should become a Packer fan and go to www.densepackfans.com . I hear that they are predicting a Super Bowl win this year for the Pack despite the overwhelming evidence that they might not even get as many wins as they did LAST SEASON!!! :lol:

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Bob Lee .818
    Jeff George .800
    Gary Cuozzo .762
    Cunningham .696
    Jim McMahon .667
    Brad Johnson .652
    Joe Kapp .590
    Wade Wilson .564
    Tarkenton .556
    Moon .538
    Tommy Kramer .491
    Culpepper .475

Personally of the list given of people I would take over Daunte I would have to go with

Tarkenton
    Randle Cunningham
    Kramer
    Brad Johnson
    Warren Moon

You are just turning a blind eye to one of the greatest to ever wear the Viking uniform!

/sarcasm off

Steve Dils
    Dill threw 600 passes as a Viking. He did not complete half of those. Best ever? Doubt it dude.

If you read the post closely you will see that he is being sarcastic, joking, tell a funny, being a smart a$$, jokester and not serious!

Maybe take a chill pill.

And to Viking Chic 18:
    People have a right to express there opinion on Vince Young! Mine is that he will be a great QB in the league, on the right team, and in the right system! But I do not think the Vikings are the right team or the right system.

I have explained this at least 20 times since the football season ended, and the Vikings new coaches announced that they were switching to a new offense, the West coast offense! Maybe people do not understand what that is, or how different offenses work? But Vince Young will not be a good QB in a WCO.

Maybe you do not like that, or think that the Vikings should draft him anyways! But unless the Vikings would change their new offense to fit his style of play, he is not a good fit. I could be a 100% wrong, but I doubt it!

The Vikings are going to have a system, and they are going to fit somebody to that system, which with a WCO will be a pocket passer.

When Denny Green came to Minnesota the QB was Rich Gannon, Rich did not fit the type of offense Denny was going to run. So Denny did not want Rich as his QB, so Denny traded Gannon. Gannon is white, is Denny Green a racist? No! He got a QB that fit his offense, and there was no racism involved!

But because Vince Young is black, (does not fit the WCO) anybody that does not want him has to be a racist! People grow up and smell the coffee beans, and the sh*t you are shoveling!
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"whackthepack" wrote:

They Vikings are going to have a system, and they are going to fit somebody to that system, which with a WCO will be a pocket passer.
    The best west coast QB's in the NFL are mobile. They are not your prototypical pocket passers.

But don't take my word for it, take Bill Walsh's. This is what he had to say about it. He was the creator of the offense so he probally would know better than anyone.

"Bill Walsh" wrote:
    The size of the quarterback is not as important as his athleticism. Kerry Collins is the same size as Leaf, but I have doubts about his ability to excel in this offense. Mobility is key to West Coast success, and Collins just isn't real mobile. He also isn't what I would call a good 'touch' passer, a requirement in an offense that calls for a lot of short and medium passes.
    http://www.sportingnews.com/archives/sports2000/trends/135237.html

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "Del Rio" wrote:

Bob Lee .818
    Jeff George .800
    Gary Cuozzo .762
    Cunningham .696
    Jim McMahon .667
    Brad Johnson .652
    Joe Kapp .590
    Wade Wilson .564
    Tarkenton .556
    Moon .538
    Tommy Kramer .491
    Culpepper .475

Tarkenton
    Randle Cunningham
    Kramer
    Brad Johnson
    Warren Moon

/sarcasm off

Steve Dils
    Whats the deal today?

Did you not see the end of my post where I put this?

[size=24px]/sarcasm off[/size]

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast