Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who Will The Vikings Draft?

"olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    BPA
    i would normally agree with that, but im not just because of our position in the draft..im not sure theres going to be a clearcut BPA like there was last year when it was our turn to pick

one thing is for sure tho, there are a ton of really really good OT's in this draft, and id like to take one of those first round to put on the right side..by doing that, you get an OT thats better than cook to start, and cook can concentrate on being the backup C (the position that got him to the nfl in the first place)

I agree with you olson.
    BPA is a must for the top ten picks.
    After that though it becomes a balance of players available and team needs for the next 10.
    In picks 20+, I think that team needs come first.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    BPA
    i would normally agree with that, but im not just because of our position in the draft..im not sure theres going to be a clearcut BPA like there was last year when it was our turn to pick

one thing is for sure tho, there are a ton of really really good OT's in this draft, and id like to take one of those first round to put on the right side..by doing that, you get an OT thats better than cook to start, and cook can concentrate on being the backup C (the position that got him to the nfl in the first place)

The thing is, the BPA integrates all the other methods.
    It isn't a blind grasp at a person that some asshat put into a list.
    Any staff in the NFL has their own sheets based on needs and their own rankings based on their system...so no two BPA-style drafts would look the same.
    BPA (with the caveat that it is for that specific team) is how every draft plays out.
    It's just that some people don't call it that because it doesn't match up with their favorite sports writer's spreadsheet or the one they created on their computer inbetween drawing cavemen during the offseason.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Prophet" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    "V4L" wrote:
    BPA

The thing is, the BPA integrates all the other methods.
    It isn't a blind grasp at a person that some asshat put into a list.
    Any staff in the NFL has their own sheets based on needs and their own rankings based on their system...so no two BPA-style drafts would look the same.
    BPA (with the caveat that it is for that specific team) is how every draft plays out.
    It's just that some people don't call it that because it doesn't match up with their favorite sports writer's spreadsheet or the one they created on their computer inbetween drawing cavemen during the offseason.
    Your on a roll today.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    According to Charlie Waters from the St. Paul Pioneer Press, these are the players the Vikes were talking to at the Senior Bowl:
    The Vikings were spotted talking with the following players at Senior Bowl workouts in Mobile, Ala., last week: Indiana cornerback Tracy Porter, California wide receiver Lavelle Hawkins, Boston College offensive tackle Gosder Cherilus, Louisiana State wide receiver Early Doucet and outside linebacker Ali Highsmith, Georgia Tech outside linebacker Gary Guyton, Michigan Tech tight end Kellen Davis, Oregon State kicker Alexis Serna, and Southern California cornerback Terrell Thomas and running back Chauncey Washington.
    Love the LSU purple and gold pride!

Doucet I think would be a keeper.
    Highsmith is great but we're set at LB and I can't see him lasting to us in the 2nd... and he's not worth it to get in the 1st....

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345