Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who should we get in the draft???(1st round

Good post Ultra. That's what I was wondering. Can we vote "None Of The Above?"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I'd rather see us go LB instead

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

There is a ton of LB's in this draft..

I would rather grab one 2nd round.. Although we need a few for the cover 2

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

In that case we should look at good safties in the 1. round. Perhaps Ko Simpson

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"cogitans" wrote:
    In that case we should look at good safties in the 1. round. Perhaps Ko Simpson
    wwfd? (what would finks do) it seemed that mr finks built his teams from the lines back. i have always believed that the o-line makes the qb's,rb's,wr's better. likewise with the defense. the d-line and l-backers can make an average secondary look very good. stick with the lines.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

if we don't get a RB in FA i think we should really push hard for Deagelo Williams!!! I think he would be a better fit for our offense!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

JDante is offline Rookie

VKG4LYFE u say that tha Patriots dont have "stud" recievers yea true but umm dont they got Tom Brady on there team? And plus the Patriots recievers are a thousand times better than the Vikings receivers. Every single one of them is better than every single one of us. thats true too. Ike Hilliard and Deion Branch are actually very good recievers. You say they aint got no real standouts or nothin but they actually have a really good squad. And u also have to add in the Brady Factor, and basically with him it doesnt really matter who his recievers are. Daunte Culpepper is no Tom Brady. With Moss Culpeppers job was easy, but without him he was forced to think on his feet and read the coverage. Thats not his style he is a very simple guy to figure out. Moss draws the double or triple team, he hits the guys that the defense leaves open. If no ones open he runs. Tom Brady can stand still in that pocket and find the open man like its no ones business. Thats just what he does. Brad Johnson is better suited to run an offense with our current set of recievers than Culpepper. But im sayin if we do get a WR it would be easy for Culpepper again, and he can make it happen. With a fixed set of lineman and some recievers to throw to, AND a good running game Culpepper can really get it done again and return back to top form. But you cant blame an offensive line THAT much for his Interceptions. The only thing the O-Lines failure did was shutdown his scrambling ability, and with his legs chopped off and no recievers out there he sends up a prayer. ...(3 seconds later)...INTERCEPTION!!! Yea so basically thats why i said that.
    Yea.

RB !!! Right now we have Moore and Fason. Moe and Bennett are fa's, and who knows what's going to happen with Smith. RB is a need !! If White's still on the board, I hope the Vikings select him. If he's gone at 17, I hope Williams or Maroney are still available. If all 3 are gone, I like safety Darnell Bing in the 1st round and UCLA's rb Drew in the 2nd round. There's no telling if the Vikes are going to get a Lewis,Edge, or Alexander, so why take a chance. Select one in the draft early.
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Ike Hilliard is OVER-RATED !!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    [quote]"mattjenny3" wrote:
    "JDante" wrote:
    some saay that we dont need a WR, well i dont know what Vikings you guys have been watching but if you think Nate Burleson or Marcus Robinson are championship caliber recievers, well lets just say i disagree, the goal of an NFL team every single year is to pursue a Championship, and i for one dont think that we can do that with the current set of recievers on the rosters right now.

We may or may not need a WR, but if we become the Lions and draft a receiver in round 1 I'll be very disappointed. Maybe Bush will fall to 17. :shock:

I don't think you need studs at WR to win a championship. Just take New England for example. When they won their three titles they had no "stud" WR. They were just hard working guys and pretty much nobodies. Burleson is a more than capable WR but he was hurt most of the year last year so give him a break. Marcus Robinson isn't anything spectacular but he gets the job done most of the time. TWill has some work to do but he'll be alright and Koren is a solid WR if he stays clean.
    No you dont need a stud WR if you have a great young QB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast