Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    JDante is offline Rookie

Who should we get in the draft???(1st round

A couple of options that should be available to us are Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson and possibly Vernon Davis. We cant do anything in the firstround as far as the O-Line goes, so it basically comes down between RB and WR, (Although Vernon Davis is a a possible option for the Vikings, i believe that we are pretty safe at TE wit Jermaine Wiggins.)

So if it came down to it do we want Maroney hands down no matter what? But what if LenDale White falls down a couple spots to the Vikings, would you take him? Someone mentioned a Bus-type player who can knock people over, well Lendale White is as close as your going to get. OR should we just pursue Edgerrin James, former 2time rushing champion and also a good blocker who is known to be a receiving RB as well, and then we can draft a WR, because at least one promising reciever should be available to the Vikings by the seventeenth pick. Its very doubtful we could get Santonio Holmes, the BEST reciever in the draft, but i would prefer Chad Jackson anyways. His speed doesnt equate to another randy moss but the attitude the way he carrys himself and how he gets it done on the field are all things that give us hope at WR. some saay that we dont need a WR, well i dont know what Vikings you guys have been watching but if you think Nate Burleson or Marcus Robinson are championship caliber recievers, well lets just say i disagree, the goal of an NFL team every single year is to pursue a Championship, and i for one dont think that we can do that with the current set of recievers on the rosters right now. Anywayz thatsa whole nother topic.

So, considering all of the variables, ranging from what positions we could patch up with Free Agency and all, and what is actually going to be available by the time the Vikings go up, who do you think the Minnesota Vikings should grab, for 17th Pick, in first round, of the 2006 Draft.

Runnin Back Tight End or Reciever. (Please remember that there or no Right Tackles or Inside Linebackers anywhere near the 17th pick)

If you feel that there is another position that we should try to fill in the first round, please specify.
    Yea.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Who should we get in the draft???(1st round

we dont need a righ tackle, we got marcus johnson. we need guards, but there will be a few good ones in the second round.

I think that if chad greenway or michael huff fall to us then its a no brainer, but if they dont, then we should pick up maroney

ancoin is offline Starter

"JDante" wrote:
    A couple of options that should be available to us are Laurence Maroney, Chad Jackson and possibly Vernon Davis. We cant do anything in the firstround as far as the O-Line goes, so it basically comes down between RB and WR,
    We need OLB RB, OL and SS in this order not WR and hell no TE. I like Ernie Sims,Chad Greenway, Maroney, McNeil and the gut from USC T

Thank to Lotza

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

We don't need TE. We need RB, with said I would hope that if we don't sign a RB in FA, then we should go after either LenDale White, or Maroney. I hope that we sign Edgerrin James in FA.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

People really don't have faith in Memo on here. I would love to have Huff but there is no chance he'll fall to 17 so my guess is we are going to go with a RB and Maroney will probably be the one to fall there. For some reason LenDale White is moving up the draft boards.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

mattjenny3 is offline Starter

[quote="JDante"]
    some saay that we dont need a WR, well i dont know what Vikings you guys have been watching but if you think Nate Burleson or Marcus Robinson are championship caliber recievers, well lets just say i disagree, the goal of an NFL team every single year is to pursue a Championship, and i for one dont think that we can do that with the current set of recievers on the rosters right now.

We may or may not need a WR, but if we become the Lions and draft a receiver in round 1 I'll be very disappointed. Maybe Bush will fall to 17. :shock:
    REDHORSE

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

"mattjenny3" wrote:
    [quote]"JDante" wrote:
    some saay that we dont need a WR, well i dont know what Vikings you guys have been watching but if you think Nate Burleson or Marcus Robinson are championship caliber recievers, well lets just say i disagree, the goal of an NFL team every single year is to pursue a Championship, and i for one dont think that we can do that with the current set of recievers on the rosters right now.

We may or may not need a WR, but if we become the Lions and draft a receiver in round 1 I'll be very disappointed. Maybe Bush will fall to 17. :shock:

I don't think you need studs at WR to win a championship. Just take New England for example. When they won their three titles they had no "stud" WR. They were just hard working guys and pretty much nobodies. Burleson is a more than capable WR but he was hurt most of the year last year so give him a break. Marcus Robinson isn't anything spectacular but he gets the job done most of the time. TWill has some work to do but he'll be alright and Koren is a solid WR if he stays clean.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Alright here's how it goes..

If we get Edge in the FA or a different RB... Then we go O-lineman.. Maybe Gilles

If we don't get a RB then get Williams>Maroney>Lendale

If we happen to get a RB and a O-lineman then get a LB.. Or possibly Vernon Davis if he is there.. We could use a stud fast and wonderful blocking TE

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Where is the option of "other"?

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I say grab White or Maroney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast