Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    Ive started this thread/ poll to see what you guys think. Will it be Brady Quinn, David Carr, Plummer, Volek, Brooks, Garcia, other or no one. I personally want it to be either Carr or Quinn. You can obviously know that by my past posts.

    PS. Yes I already posted something like this before and I appologize for it was called "TJack sucks and I was under the impression that it would be deleted after Webby shut down the site. i wouldn't have posted that without further explanation if I knew it would stay
    :-[
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  2. #2
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: Whos going to be our starting qb??

    It would be a more interesting thread/poll if you made it something along the lines of who will be competing for the starting QB spot

    a.
    QUINN, TJ, BOLLINGER, CARR
    b.
    TJ, BOLLINGER, CARR, GARCIA
    c.
    TJ, BOLLINGER, GARCIA, BROOKS

    or something along that line.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Whos going to be our starting qb??

    alright I do that right now.
    I think I'llchange it to "Who, new, will we see competing for qb"
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  4. #4
    VikesfaninWis's Avatar
    VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,055

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    I personally think the talk of us looking at Quinn is a poker face type of move.. It gets other teams thinking that we will try to get the player that they want.. If Childress goes and drafts Quinn with the 7th pick, I will officially be off of his bandwagon, and hope that he gets fired after next season..

    If anyone other then Jackson, or Bollinger is starting next season, I will say that it will be either Carr, or Schaub.. Going with basically 3 unexperienced QB's in Quinn, Bollinger, and Jackson will be a death sentence to the Vikings.. If that is the battle we see during training camp, then I will be convinced that Childress is a moron, and he doesn't deserve to be a HC in the NFL..

  5. #5
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,513

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??





    I think come training camp, we will see Carr,TJ, and BB, slugging it out for the #1 position. With Carr becoming our starter for 2007...





    I've also been saying all along, this Quinn talk is nothing but smoke signals.





    I'll be eating a big old Crow Pie if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.....


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    652

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I personally think the talk of us looking at Quinn is a poker face type of move.. It gets other teams thinking that we will try to get the player that they want.. If Childress goes and drafts Quinn with the 7th pick, I will officially be off of his bandwagon, and hope that he gets fired after next season..

    If anyone other then Jackson, or Bollinger is starting next season, I will say that it will be either Carr, or Schaub.. Going with basically 3 unexperienced QB's in Quinn, Bollinger, and Jackson will be a death sentence to the Vikings.. If that is the battle we see during training camp, then I will be convinced that Childress is a silly guy, and he doesn't deserve to be a HC in the NFL..
    Interesting views. A bit extreme. We've drafted worse in a worst situation so get over it if we take a guy that would help our team alright. If he takes Quinn its because he realizes that Jackson is not the answer and that he was as far along as he had hoped and what I hoped. Plus whats wrong with a little competition for the guy. If TJack out plays Quinn who was previously projected at number 2 overall pick (stock has tdropped into our lap) training camp so be it. TJack starts. Nothing i can really do



    PS You must be pretty lonely on that Childress bandwagon I hate to say
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

    R.I.P. Sean Taylor

  7. #7
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    "PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    Ive started this thread/ poll to see what you guys think. Will it be Brady Quinn, David Carr, Plummer, Volek, Brooks, Garcia, other or no one. I personally want it to be either Carr or Quinn. You can obviously know that by my past posts.

    PS. Yes I already posted something like this before and I appologize for it was called "TJack sucks and I was under the impression that it would be deleted after Webby shut down the site. i wouldn't have posted that without further explanation if I knew it would stay
    :-[
    It wont be Schaub,Carr,Brooks,Plummer or Garcia. It could be Quinn, but I doubt it.
    It will be Bollinger,Jackson and someone to run the scout team!

    I know you think I'm nuts but, we have a running game. All we need is pass protection and we will have a passing game.
    Think about it.
    Everybody says our wide receivers suck and can't get open.
    Everybody says our quarterback sucks and can't throw the ball.
    Well a huge reason for that is poor pass blocking.
    The receivers don't have time to get open and the quarterback rushes his reads and throws. Brad Johnson didn't get old overnight in my opinion.
    Remember when Bollinger came in?
    He looked down field waiting for his receivers to get open and got sacked. It happened two different times when he came in. Once I think it happened 3 plays in a row.
    But when he got the time he looked very sharp.
    Johnson got so much pressure he had to watch for the pressure as well as look downfield.
    I hope Bollingers injury doesn't stop him from looking downfield and going through his progressions.
    When Jackson came in he suffered the same poor protection and it showed.

    No new quarterback will cure what ails our offense!

    Good pass protection,less presnap penalties,and the ability, and will, to throw deep and this offense will be pretty darn good.

    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  8. #8
    Mr. Purple's Avatar
    Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,005

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    I'm still sold on our boy T-Jack.He seems like he has all the tools to be a succesfull QB.I'm bankin all my money on him and hopin he dosnt fail me!

    Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

  9. #9
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,570

    Re: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??

    "Mr." wrote:
    I'm still sold on our boy T-Jack.He seems like he has all the tools to be a succesfull QB.I'm bankin all my money on him and hopin he dosnt fail me!
    I hope your right and turns out to be what we need, and I hope he does for your sake so you don't end up living in a cardboard box.

Similar Threads

  1. A Different Position
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2008, 07:51 AM
  2. MOVED: Who new in the qb position are we going to see next year??
    By ultravikingfan in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-26-2007, 06:18 PM
  3. Position-by-position rankings
    By pokeyisme in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-27-2006, 05:19 AM
  4. Mayock's position-by-position rankings
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-04-2006, 09:49 AM
  5. what position....
    By vegasvike in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2005, 06:29 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •