Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Who gives us the best trade leverage?

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095015
    Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095014
    The players seem to have a leg up on the owners now. Anything can still happen, but with the players taking the lead, doesn't that lean toward reverting to the uncapped year rules until an agreement is reached?
    If that is the case, multiple picks next year when a new CBA is in place are more valuable to a franchise monitarily.
    yes and no. for a team like th Pats, Cowboys or Raiders, they can afford to have the top 5 picks in the draft in succession. The Vikings stil lhave the issue of paying for players without revenue sharing, which I doubt they'll be able to do.
    good point. Didn't think about that.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095018
    I really think that us dropping out of the first round is worth more than a 2nd round pick. I mean to trade up 6th spot it will cost us a 2nd. To drop down 25+ spots should net us more than a 2nd. The 1st rounder next season isn't counted because we lose a 1st this season, so the net is only 1 2nd rounder. I am really against this unless we get a 3rd or 4th rounder as well.
    I'd agree. Dropping out of the first for only a second is weak.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095020
    I really think that us dropping out of the first round is worth more than a 2nd round pick. I mean to trade up 6th spot it will cost us a 2nd. To drop down 25+ spots should net us more than a 2nd. The 1st rounder next season isn't counted because we lose a 1st this season, so the net is only 1 2nd rounder. I am really against this unless we get a 3rd or 4th rounder as well.
    I agree a third or fourth should be added. You can't discount a likely high first rounder next year though.

There always seems to be a surprise drop in the draft. If we can accumulate extra picks without hurting ourselves too much do it. It does seem to be Spielman's modus operandi.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095024
    I agree a third or fourth should be added. You can't discount a likely high first rounder next year though.

There always seems to be a surprise drop in the draft. If we can accumulate extra picks without hurting ourselves too much do it. It does seem to be Spielman's modus operandi.
    It also seems to be in Spielman's modus operandi to draft crap players and build 1-15 teams.

ndnorseman is offline Pro-Bowler

I really, really, REALLY don't want us to trade completely out of the 1st round. If they move down a few spots because they feel a player they want will still be there, I'm cool with that. However...John Clayton was saying yesterday, he could see a string of events that could wind up with Gabbert falling to us at 12. If they trade down or out of the 1st in THAT case, I'd be more than a little upset.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Its a terrible Gamble and here is why:
    1) We have a top 15 pick.
    2) We are hoping that the Browns have a better pick than the 12 pick next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095039

I personally don't htink it will happen. The Browns aren't terrible anymore. They're not good, but perfectly capable of finishing better than 8-8. Especially if they get a playmaker or two in this years draft (and by having two first rounders, they'd have two solid contributors at least)

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1095041
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1095039

I personally don't htink it will happen. The Browns aren't terrible anymore. They're not good, but perfectly capable of finishing better than 8-8. Especially if they get a playmaker or two in this years draft (and by having two first rounders, they'd have two solid contributors at least)
    Also the bengals will have
    No QB, No WRS and possible a new RB.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I think Fairley may be pretty fair game for a trade too. Been a lot of talk about him slipping lately, and I think he could play DE in a 3-4, increasing teams that might be interested. Of course, like the other two, we may be better served making that pick ourselves!

The Browns are improving, but are also likely starting a young QB with young players around him...and get to play the Steelers and Ravens twice a year. What sucks more is our pick could be before them cuz ignoring our needs now will likely lead to lots of losses.

On the other hand, it would give us one hell of a better chance of landing Luck in next year's draft!! (IF there is a draft next year!) hmy:
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095014
    The players seem to have a leg up on the owners now. Anything can still happen, but with the players taking the lead, doesn't that lean toward reverting to the uncapped year rules until an agreement is reached?
    If that is the case, multiple picks next year when a new CBA is in place are more valuable to a franchise monitarily.
    Don't read to much into the players winning the first/second round. I mean seriously, what did they really win?

The right to come back in and workout for player bonuses the were given by the owners under the old contract.

What did the owners win, they didn't have to give them the raise the were looking for, and just haven't won the right to lower that wage YET.

As to the player, as I've said in the other 3 threads of this nature...

Julion Jones.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast