Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Who gives us the best trade leverage?

As it seems the rumor about a trade with Cleveland is pretty solid, contingent upon a particular player being available at 12, we must not be sold on any QB at 12. It also says we are more than willing to drop out of the first round this year.
    Which player do you think could possibly slip to us at 12 that would give us the best trade leverage with the other teams drafting?
    The teams drafting ahead of us obviously have multiple needs and could possibly consider a trade along the lines of the Cleveland trade. There are likely a couple of teams behind us that will start getting happy feet during the draft that may cause them to want to move up swapping their pick and an additional.
    Who do you think will be that guy?
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who gives us the best trade leverage?

I think if Prince or Julio Jones drop to 12, we'll be getting some serious interest.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094988
    I think if Prince or Julio Jones drop to 12, we'll be getting some serious interest.
    I have seen Julio's name quite often in threads as a player that would get us some interest from teams looking to move up. Fresh Prince will likely be a starter this year as well. If Prince was there I would prefer to make that pick. But additional picks seem to work well for Bellichick.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1094990
    I have seen Julio's name quite often in threads as a player that would get us some interest from teams looking to move up. Fresh Prince will likely be a starter this year as well. If Prince was there I would prefer to make that pick. But additional picks seem to work well for Bellichick.
    If either Julio or Prince are sitting there at number 12 we would be better off drafting one of them versus giving the pick away. Both of them players would fill needs on our team. We dont know if Rice is here for the long run(I highly Doubt it), and Winfield is getting older and prince would be a good replacement.

I am not to concerned about that lost 3rd round pick since I am predicting Moss now comes back to the Vikes to finish off his career.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "PackSux!" #1094994
    If either Julio or Prince are sitting there at number 12 we would be better off drafting one of them versus giving the pick away. Both of them players would fill needs on our team. We dont know if Rice is here for the long run(I highly Doubt it), and Winfield is getting older and prince would be a good replacement.

I am not to concerned about that lost 3rd round pick since I am predicting Moss now comes back to the Vikes to finish off his career.

I agree 100%. Both of them would give us an upgrade on day 1 and we can always get a 3rd round talent in FA or through a trade. If we trade our pick when either of these guys are on the board I will refer the staff to a therapist.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094996

I agree 100%. Both of them would give us an upgrade on day 1 and we can always get a 3rd round talent in FA or through a trade. If we trade our pick when either of these guys are on the board I will refer the staff to a therapist.
    Not arguing that, those are two guys I would really like. However, those two guys would realistically give us the best trade leverage.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094999
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094996

Not arguing that, those are two guys I would really like. However, those two guys would realistically give us the best trade leverage.
    I agree.. I would probably make the pick but I think the Vikes have so much investment and desire to find a QB in this draft, they would leverage these guys.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

The players seem to have a leg up on the owners now. Anything can still happen, but with the players taking the lead, doesn't that lean toward reverting to the uncapped year rules until an agreement is reached?
    If that is the case, multiple picks next year when a new CBA is in place are more valuable to a franchise monitarily.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "marshallvike" #1095014
    The players seem to have a leg up on the owners now. Anything can still happen, but with the players taking the lead, doesn't that lean toward reverting to the uncapped year rules until an agreement is reached?
    If that is the case, multiple picks next year when a new CBA is in place are more valuable to a franchise monitarily.
    yes and no. for a team like th Pats, Cowboys or Raiders, they can afford to have the top 5 picks in the draft in succession. The Vikings stil lhave the issue of paying for players without revenue sharing, which I doubt they'll be able to do.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I really think that us dropping out of the first round is worth more than a 2nd round pick. I mean to trade up 6th spot it will cost us a 2nd. To drop down 25+ spots should net us more than a 2nd. The 1st rounder next season isn't counted because we lose a 1st this season, so the net is only 1 2nd rounder. I am really against this unless we get a 3rd or 4th rounder as well.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast