Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who else hates this draft?

We got robbed this entire draft.
    1) We traded back and lost the other CBs we actually wanted.
    2) We traded for a player that Houston didnt want. They had Tate rated higher and we gave away a shot at a great player in the 3rd for him. Are you telling me that 2 5ths and our 2nd wouldn't have made this deal work?

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Who else hates this draft?

We got robbed this entire draft.
    1) We traded back and lost the other CBs we actually wanted.
    2) We traded for a player that Houston didnt want. They had Tate rated higher and we gave away a shot at a great player in the 3rd for him. Are you telling me that 2 5ths and our 2nd wouldn't have made this deal work?

hoytlakesviking is offline Training Camp

Re:Who else hates this draft?

our draft picks can contribute right away. i give it a C.
    we should have gotten clausen for the future. gerhart is a good change of pace back. he reminds me of mike alstott.
    None

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I remember when the Vikings traded down in round 2 when everyone wanted them to take some big name WR... and then they eventually took Sidney Rice.

The big name WR went to the Panthers and he isn't a big name anymore, can't even remember his name. But Sidney is awesome.

You guys need to chill.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

duvaldomo is offline Coach

Hate this draft smh.. CB and RB in the 2nd rounds. aren't they our two least needs. We need a DT OL and QB wayy more. You can find talent at RB late in the draft 4-6 but instead we trade up? i can see if peterson was getting old but wow hes going to be a backup for all his career in vikings. wow

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

marstc09 wrote:
    I love it.
    Of course you would. :blink:

This has been a terrible draft... by the numbers. Perhaps Cook and Gerhart will prove to be worth what the Vikings gave up for them, but without solid coaching, which the Vikings lack, the full potential of this new class will never be realized. There is no doubt that Childress and Co. can spot fresh talent, there is however, a question as to whether they can coach and mold that talent into top NFL players.

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Correction... into Super Bowl winners.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Well I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate it.

It appears they are targeting certain players in each round. Missed on the cat they wanted at 30, moved down and got what was probably thier 2nd CB on the board based on how he fit in the scheme, who by the way, was projected to go in the 2nd as well.

Were there a couple of other CB's that here projected higher, sure, but if you look at them they are press/man guys, not Cover 2 guys like young Cook.

Gerhart was projected to go in the 2nd. We moved up and got him. Obviously they heard something that caused them to do it.

Just because they didn't draft who we thought they should, shouldn't, in anyway be taken as a poor draft my friends.

In the end, it isn't gonna be a "Sexy" draft, but rather a draft were they add pieces and parts that will reap dividends in 2, 3 or possibly 4 years.

Like it or not, thats whats happens when your team is good and doesn't need alot of help.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

There was offers and we could have moved down to select cook later, next corner off the board was pick 50, Javier Arenas to Kansas..

The CB draft was deep, lots of guys play psysical like Cook

The thing is we settled for Cook in that spot, when everything else went wrong.. Wilson/Robinson

There was a nice bunch of DT projected to the early second that we could have picked instead, in my mind we are pretty deep at corner with the Sheppard signing..

If you wanted to go corner, Javier Arenas, Amari Speivey and Kevin Thomas who all got selected later, also have nice zone coverage abilities.. However they are not as tall

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

skum wrote:
    There was offers and we could have moved down to select cook later, next corner off the board was pick 50, Javier Arenas to Kansas..

The CB draft was deep, lots of guys play psysical like Cook

The thing is we settled for Cook in that spot, when everything else went wrong.. Wilson/Robinson

There was a nice bunch of DT projected to the early second that we could have picked instead, in my mind we are pretty deep at corner with the Sheppard signing..

If you wanted to go corner, Javier Arenas, Amari Speivey and Kevin Thomas who all got selected later, also have nice zone coverage abilities.. However they are not as tall
    I can't remember and am to busy looking at whats next today, so maybe you can help....

Were Arenas, Speivey and Thomas projected to go either as S and/or CB or just CB.

Again, this guy fits the exact mold of what they appear to like when it comes to a DB. Kindof that S/CB tweener.

Truth of the matter is, I questioned the Asher Allen selection last year cause he didn't appear to fit that mold.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast