Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Who else hates this draft?

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible,!!!

Did I mention terrible!

We had all night to think about the 2nd pick in the 2nd round and this is the best we could come up with?

We probably could have gotten Cook or somebody just as good with our 62nd pick.

And we trade up for a running back?

I know that we could use some help there but we have more pressing needs at O-line, DT, LB, Safety and long term QB solution!

What the HELLL?

Why not take Robinson with the 30th pick (Detroit might not have gotten Bess) we could have had a better cover corner!!!!!!!!!!!

Then trade up in the late 1st or early second round TO TAKE BESS!!!

And we might have had a better running back!!!!!!!!!

He probaly would have been available and our 2nd and 3rd round picks would have done it! Hell throw in the 7th rounder pick for shits and grins because this team is to good for a 7th rounder to do more than make the practice squad.

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible, Terrible!!!

Did I mention terrible!

There was better talent available at positions that were more crucial to a Superbowl drive or long term needs of this team.

We over thought this draft!

I think they thought they were being geniuses and they would out-think every other team.

I think their last 3 or 4 drafts have been very good to great, but they blew it on this one.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Who else hates this draft?

Really reminds me of that terrible Jackson/Cook draft. Reached for two players that didn't do much for the team and we're doing it again.

I thought after hte first trade we'd be in a great position to draft three good young players. We could have even packaged one or both of our fifths to move up in the third round, but no.

Obviously, we have to let it pan out and se ehow it goes, but so far its shaping up to be the worst draft in Chilly's tenure.

Re:Who else hates this draft?

I wrote Bess but meant Best!

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Really reminds me of that terrible Jackson/Cook draft. Reached for two players that didn't do much for the team and we're doing it again.

I thought after hte first trade we'd be in a great position to draft three good young players. We could have even packaged one or both of our fifths to move up in the third round, but no.

Obviously, we have to let it pan out and se ehow it goes, but so far its shaping up to be the worst draft in Chilly's tenure.

I agree - may be I will be proved wrong and 3 years from now we are saying what a great draft this was but I doubt it.

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either...

I loved that we traded the 30th overall pick and picked up additional slots while only dropping 4 positions, but am rather disappointed that we ended up trading up and essentially losing what we traded down for.

I think Gerhart will be a very good compliment to AD, but I also thought Ian Johnson would have been. He really impressed me and I was hoping he would find a decent role on this team.

As for Cook, I don't love the pick as I thought someone like Kindle, Mays, Allen, would have been better value, but I am not entirely upset. I see a lot of potential in Cook as a 6-2 and fast CB or possibly S. He had missed out on a season due to academics, but came on strong this year. Whose to say how high his stock may have been had he played that season as well. CB was deep this year, so I am still happy to grab one of the better prospects at that position.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

Oh and if you know me and my opinions on Clausen...I am ecstatic that we avoided temptation and passed up on his punk ass.
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

We got robbed this entire draft.
    1) We traded back and lost the other CBs we actually wanted.
    2) We traded for a player that Houston didnt want. They had Tate rated higher and we gave away a shot at a great player in the 3rd for him. Are you telling me that 2 5ths and our 2nd wouldn't have made this deal work?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I love it.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

May I add...with our first pick we took the 6th best CB over other positions. Think about it. When does any position have 6 quality players in the draft. The 6th best player at a position should not be your first pick. You have failed.

Cook = C for talent d for value...C- grade
    Toby = B for talent / D for value = C overrall

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

The Childress crew has yet to screw up a draft as a whole. There have been very few mistakes(Jackson is the only really notable one... and the jury's still out on him IMO.)

As far as this one goes, we brought in talent. Probably not as efficiently as we could have, but we'll see how it pans out over the next 9 months and beyond.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast