"C" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "sharper42" wrote:
    darren mcfadden
    LOL!
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

...What a waste of a pick that would be, even if he did drop to us!
    Hell no, trade him to the Lions for Calvin Johnson... I'm not afraid of McFadden running against the Williams Bros. Inc.
    And you shouldn't be...He'll be a bust anyways...
    ..trade him for Calvin Johnson
    ??? Our receivers are fine...why get a receiver instead of fill a bigger need? Ill take a pass rushing DE over Calvin Johson, a DE is something we need, a receiver like Calvin Johson isn't. Lions also pick before us, so if he fell, Lions would grab him first...oh well, not like he'll fall anyways, and if he does, Id pass on him in a heartbeat...
    Everytime someone says our WRs are fine, I little peice of me dies.
    IMO we have plenty of talent in our group of receivers...but even if we don't, right now would you rather have a good receiver addition, or a good pass rushing DE addition?

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Who Do we draft at RB if anyone.

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    "C" wrote:
    "KrackerJack" wrote:
    [quote author=sharper42 link=topic=43466.msg746012#msg746012 date=1206395948]
    darren mcfadden
    LOL!
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

...What a waste of a pick that would be, even if he did drop to us!
    Hell no, trade him to the Lions for Calvin Johnson... I'm not afraid of McFadden running against the Williams Bros. Inc.
    And you shouldn't be...He'll be a bust anyways...
    ..trade him for Calvin Johnson
    ??? Our receivers are fine...why get a receiver instead of fill a bigger need? Ill take a pass rushing DE over Calvin Johson, a DE is something we need, a receiver like Calvin Johson isn't. Lions also pick before us, so if he fell, Lions would grab him first...oh well, not like he'll fall anyways, and if he does, Id pass on him in a heartbeat...
    Everytime someone says our WRs are fine, I little peice of me dies.
    LOL, same here.
    I think our WRs have the potential to be very good, but they are not a proven unit yet.
    Hopefully they light it up in 2008/09.
    [/quote]

And Calvin Johnson would make them more proven?
    There's no sure way to know if our receivers are fine yet, unless we were to go out and get a big name receiver, which we won't do...so the only thing left is drafting one, which doesn't make me more comfortable about our receivers because he would be an unproven rookie...and even if we were to trade for Calvin Johnson, i wouldn't feel more comfortable, i don't think he has proven himself yet either, he's shown the talent is there and he has potential, but its the same thing, he has potential, but you just don't know until he actually plays a game.
    Anyone we would get after this point is pretty much unproven, Berrian helped because he's shown he can be a very good receiver, some people think he's nota #1 receiver (I think he's shown he is) but he has shown he can make big plays with a crappy QB, and he had a very good season last year, all i see for him is upside.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I think we as a board wear our purple shades and live in our purple rooms way too much...We are not a great team. We are an average 1 at this time. A team like the colts has tremendous balance in the running game and passing game. Something we need. our # 1 Wr would be a 3rd stringer on the colts.

We seem to think it's fine to be average in the passing game becaus eour run game is so strong. Well think about how much stronger it would be with proper balance!!

I think Rice might be good 1 day( might be)
    BB
    is a situational WR( if not why would the bears let him go..they didn't franchise anyone)
    Wade would make my team as a 4th stringer and Ferg and AA are unknowns.
    We are not set at WR. We are playing with an average set of WRs and Qbs that are aided by our run game. Not the way to win a superbowl.

Teams with more Offensive balance than us.

Steelers,
    Colts,
    Bengals
    Pats (if they ever decided to run the darn ball)
    Chargers,

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

"litlharsh" wrote:
    Yeah I'll pass on Captain Skinnylegs. I think Hicks fills that shift type of memo back that we're missing. Chris Johnson would be a good one but I really hope we don't draft one at all. Except maybe Mike Hart, he could teach AD how to pass block and he's just a baller, straight up. You can never have a surplus of them.

i can't stop laughing.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234