Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Who Do we draft at DT.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    ive heard alot that frank okam has very bad work ethics, doubt that will go down with Chilly and the FO
    i would REALLY like to get trevor laws for ND, but doubt he will be available at our 2nd round pick
    But dre moore would be my 2nd choice
    I think Oline is more pressing than DT.. even WR is... Unless an ELITE prospect drops.. i wouldn't consider addressing this need until we have addressed, DE, OL, S/CB, WR, QB, so the earliest is see this is about the 5th round... Pat has atleast a good 3-4 years left... Plus, we still have Fred Evans...

We can address this next year in the 2nd round possibly and get a really good player..

I wouldn't mind seeing us get Ellis or Dorsey though... but if we're gonna move up, then it won't be for a DT...
    Maybe your right, but I believe the staff is concerned about how Kevin and Pat wore down last year towards the end of the season.

Evans, who I think of as a backup behind Kevin, was out some so his presence will help the rotation abit as well as the signing of Allen and Wyms (backup options behind Phat Pat) but I also see those sigings as an idicator that the staff is looking at that position.
    I bet (if they don't trade a bunch of thier picks) they address DT sooner than some think.

67 Kenderick Allen DT 29 6-5 328 5 LSU
    90 Fred Evans DT 24 6-4 305 2 Texas State

95 Ellis Wyms DT 28 6-3 290 7 Mississippi State
    93 Kevin Williams DL 27 6-5 311 5 Oklahoma State
    94 Pat Williams DL 35 6-3 317 11 Texas A&M

Long story short, I bet we see some new faces all up and down the line this year.
    Evans was Pat's backup primarily wasn't he? Johnson took KWs spot, so did Scott (on passing downs).
    Most of the sites (NFL included) had/has Evans behind KW and Scott behind Phat Pat.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/minnesotavi...chart?team=MIN
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I wouldn't say that that depth chart is the 'be all and end all' of our roster. Why is NT right beside LE, and KW is on the right? Seems like an ass backwards depth chart to me.

And that does have Evans as Pats backup.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I wouldn't say that that depth chart is the 'be all and end all' of our roster. Why is NT right beside LE, and KW is on the right? Seems like an jiggly butt backwards depth chart to me.

And that does have Evans as Pats backup.
    I agree with you "Now". I should have said something like I stand corrected or something like that.
    Just gave the link as proof.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I'm a fan of Trevor Laws too.
    Keep seeing him going to the Bears right before us in the 2nd though...D'oh!

I think a guy like Merling (or Laws) would be an extra nice pickup because they can add to the rotation and depth of two positions.
    Both have the ability to play inside and outside at LDE...stong at the point of attack, no drop off in run defense.
    That gives us the luxury of seeing who is working out best where as far as Mitchell, Wyms, Allen, and Evens and playing our new guy where he's needed the most.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

grpape is offline Asst. Coach

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I'm a fan of Trevor Laws too.
    Keep seeing him going to the Bears right before us in the 2nd though...D'oh!

I think a guy like Merling (or Laws) would be an extra nice pickup because they can add to the rotation and depth of two positions.
    Both have the ability to play inside and outside at LDE...stong at the point of attack, no drop off in run defense.
    That gives us the luxury of seeing who is working out best where as far as Mitchell, Wyms, Allen, and Evens and playing our new guy where he's needed the most.
    Use one of the later extra picks to move ahead of them if he is still on the board (if so is the case).

Laws impressed me at first, 101 tackles.
    But only 8 for loss.
    That is a little low to me compared to an elite prospect like Dorsey who was in the upper teens.
    So that is a question i have with him.
    I don't know a lot about the DTs after Dorsey and Ellis, but we should look for one who can push the pocket and make plays in the backfield.

Like the guy in my sig. (he did look good on pros vs. joes....)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12