Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Who Do we draft at DT.

Similar to my other topic but addressing our other big need.
    I would like us to take 1 of 2 guys in he 3rd.

Dre Moore UM

6-4

- 4.86 40 time.
    Frank Okam Texas
    6-41/2

Dre would be moy first choice as i have seen him collapse he pocket and allow Erin henderson to make great plays all last season. He's fast and talented.

I also like Okam as he is from another great line of Dts from Texas.
    HE will be available very late in the draft but We will soon need to replace Pat as a run stuffer. his guy has the girth and the size do do just that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Who Do we draft at DT.

I have both of them on my wish list as well.

Additionally, I liked what I read about Jason Shirley until I found out he has some baggage that will probably drop him off the board.

Two other prospects coming off of knee injuries are Marcus Harrison (Drug Charge to boot) and Red Bryant
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Additionally, I liked what I read about Jason Shirley until I found out he has some baggage that will probably drop him off the board.

Two other prospects coming off of knee injuries are Marcus Harrison (Drug Charge to boot) and Red Bryant
    I'm surprised this topic isn't being discussed.

Chazz is offline Coordinator

I don't see Dre Moore making it past the 2nd. Frank Okam I really wanted but he gained like 30 lbs and was less than impressive. He should slide to the forth, and if so grab him. I now question his drive if he wont even show up to the combine in shape. I want Pat Sims in the 2nd, or maybe Kenawan Balmer with our first. Maybe get Pat Sims and Frank Okam, that I would not mind seeing.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

If we could get Moore or Sims in the second, I would be happy with that.
    I don't see a lot of solid talent at this position past the 3rd round, unless somebody slides.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I'm surprised this topic isn't being discussed.
    Probably because Dt is not seen as a immediate need. We have made some moves in FA and there wil probably be one in the later rounds that could be picked up. Also there are still some decent FA DT that are still out there if needed.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

ive heard alot that frank okam has very bad work ethics, doubt that will go down with Chilly and the FO
    i would REALLY like to get trevor laws for ND, but doubt he will be available at our 2nd round pick
    But dre moore would be my 2nd choice

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    ive heard alot that frank okam has very bad work ethics, doubt that will go down with Chilly and the FO
    i would REALLY like to get trevor laws for ND, but doubt he will be available at our 2nd round pick
    I think Oline is more pressing than DT.. even WR is... Unless an ELITE prospect drops.. i wouldn't consider addressing this need until we have addressed, DE, OL, S/CB, WR, QB, so the earliest is see this is about the 5th round... Pat has atleast a good 3-4 years left... Plus, we still have Fred Evans...

We can address this next year in the 2nd round possibly and get a really good player..

I wouldn't mind seeing us get Ellis or Dorsey though... but if we're gonna move up, then it won't be for a DT...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    I think Oline is more pressing than DT.. even WR is... Unless an ELITE prospect drops.. i wouldn't consider addressing this need until we have addressed, DE, OL, S/CB, WR, QB, so the earliest is see this is about the 5th round... Pat has atleast a good 3-4 years left... Plus, we still have Fred Evans...

We can address this next year in the 2nd round possibly and get a really good player..

I wouldn't mind seeing us get Ellis or Dorsey though... but if we're gonna move up, then it won't be for a DT...
    Maybe your right, but I believe the staff is concerned about how Kevin and Pat wore down last year towards the end of the season.

Evans, who I think of as a backup behind Kevin, was out some so his presence will help the rotation abit as well as the signing of Allen and Wyms (backup options behind Phat Pat) but I also see those sigings as an idicator that the staff is looking at that position.
    I bet (if they don't trade a bunch of thier picks) they address DT sooner than some think.

67 Kenderick Allen DT 29 6-5 328 5 LSU
    90 Fred Evans DT 24 6-4 305 2 Texas State

95 Ellis Wyms DT 28 6-3 290 7 Mississippi State
    93 Kevin Williams DL 27 6-5 311 5 Oklahoma State
    94 Pat Williams DL 35 6-3 317 11 Texas A&M

Long story short, I bet we see some new faces all up and down the line this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:

Maybe your right, but I believe the staff is concerned about how Kevin and Pat wore down last year towards the end of the season.

Evans, who I think of as a backup behind Kevin, was out some so his presence will help the rotation abit as well as the signing of Allen and Wyms (backup options behind Phat Pat) but I also see those sigings as an idicator that the staff is looking at that position.
    I bet (if they don't trade a bunch of thier picks) they address DT sooner than some think.

67 Kenderick Allen DT 29 6-5 328 5 LSU
    90 Fred Evans DT 24 6-4 305 2 Texas State

95 Ellis Wyms DT 28 6-3 290 7 Mississippi State
    93 Kevin Williams DL 27 6-5 311 5 Oklahoma State
    94 Pat Williams DL 35 6-3 317 11 Texas A&M

Long story short, I bet we see some new faces all up and down the line this year.
    Evans was Pat's backup primarily wasn't he? Johnson took KWs spot, so did Scott (on passing downs).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast