Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    grpape is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Who did better in your eyes?

Nice. So if he comes out (I'm thinking he will), who really needs a receiver that picks ahead of us? Where does he go if you pick strictly by the best player available?

"grpape" wrote:
    Nice. So if he comes out (I'm thinking he will), who really needs a receiver that picks ahead of us? Where does he go if you pick strictly by the best player available?
    At this point he should be a top 3 pick easily, but things could change quickly.
    IMO, he is probably the top overall player for this draft if he goes.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:
    At this point he should be a top 3 pick easily, but things could change quickly.

Very True!

The draft is unpredictable and C Johnson could go with the 2nd pick he could drop to us at 7 hard to say what happens between now and mid April.

Last year Bush was going to be the number 1 overall pick hands down and would go to the Texans and their wasn't any doubt that was what was going to happen, and enter Mario and Bush goes number 2.

Last year it looked like Leinart would be the 2nd pick in the draft before the national championship game, then it looked like Young would be the number 2 pick for a couple of days then it was Leinart again, then Bush drops to number 2 and all bets are off and he falls to 10.

I doubt Calvin Johnson falls to 7 but who knows until it happens.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

CJ and DJ are both awsome, but id rather have CJ because he is a great person. DJ might be a little too cocky, and i dont want a potential problem if I can have my choice.
    If youve read anything about CJ they always talk about what a great person he is and that is something we need more of in life and on the vikings team great people.
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

#1 Oakland can go any position with this pick, but if Oakland wants to start winning, they need a franchise quarterback. Russell or Quinn would be the logical selection.

#2 Detroit. Kitna is not the solution in Detroit.
    Russell or Quinn, with the weapons he has, Detroit could finally have a great offense.

#3 Cleveland The biggest problem for the Browns was the injuries to the offensive line. With Joe Thomas on the board, and maybe the best player in the draft, the Browns would love drafting him in April.
    They could go with Johnson if he is available but because they already used recent top picks think they will go for OT here or trade out with someone like Patriots (they have 2 first rounders) who need a WR.

#4 Tampa Bay No matter what position on the line, the Bucs need a defensive force. Why not get the best defensive player on the line Gaines Adams who would pile up huge sacks for a team that missed Warren Sapp's intensity.

#5 Arizona
    With Thomas off the board, and no linebackers worth the #5 pick, Arizona will go to their 3rd need, secondary. The Cardinals drafted Rolle a few years back, but other than that, the have no young guns to stop wide receivers.
    They could also trade out with someone for more picks (again the Pats) and go OT with a later pick.

#6 Washington should go defense with their first pick, and with Adams off the board, they will take the Jr. Branch to bolster that defense who will be able to help stop the run.

#7 Minnesota Calvin Johnson WR if he is still there.
    Again, I worry about Arizona and Cleveland as the ones who will mess this up.
    If CJ isn't there then go with Jarrett.

Just not sure if Jarrett is going to come out.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"whackthepack" wrote:
    "DiehardVikesFan" wrote:
    "grpape" wrote:

Very True!

The draft is unpredictable and C Johnson could go with the 2nd pick he could drop to us at 7 hard to say what happens between now and mid April.

Last year Bush was going to be the number 1 overall pick hands down and would go to the Texans and their wasn't any doubt that was what was going to happen, and enter Mario and Bush goes number 2.

Last year it looked like Leinart would be the 2nd pick in the draft before the national championship game, then it looked like Young would be the number 2 pick for a couple of days then it was Leinart again, then Bush drops to number 2 and all bets are off and he falls to 10.

I doubt Calvin Johnson falls to 7 but who knows until it happens.
    Given Detroit's track record, I'd say its quite likely!

Thanks for your imput Marrdro. I neve thought about the Pats trading their picks to climb so high. It just doesn't seem like a move the organization would do (who knows). I do like the play of J Russell. Watching him play against ND was eye opening. The only other game I saw him play was against Auburn, he didn't do too well in that one. Everyone compares him to Pep, but the best thing they showed was how big his hands were compared to another pro QB (forget his name).

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"grpape" wrote:
    Thanks for your imput Marrdro. I neve thought about the Pats trading their picks to climb so high. It just doesn't seem like a move the organization would do (who knows). I do like the play of J Russell. Watching him play against ND was eye opening. The only other game I saw him play was against Auburn, he didn't do too well in that one. Everyone compares him to Pep, but the best thing they showed was how big his hands were compared to another pro QB (forget his name).
    I agree.
    You wouldn't think they would, however, they have been very creative in building teams to the point that I think we might see them do something in this draft.
    Sure wish we had two first round picks this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Oops, it was Bradshaw's hands they were comparing Russell's too.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"grpape" wrote:
    Oops, it was Bradshaw's hands they were comparing Russell's too.
    Bradshaw...who won FOUR Super Bowls at QB...people always wanna dog TB, but he got the job done...and delivered the bombs for Lynn Swann and John Stallworth to gather in for TDs...bombs that got Lynn Swann into the HOF even though his overall stats weren't that great!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123