Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Whizzinator cut.

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasnt O Smith cut after the league would not reinstate him? So, really Childress and the T of A had no choice.

VikingKen is offline Starter

Wow! I really bought the whole "Steal of Draft" thing too. So much for that Oregon Duck thing working out for the vikings. Wasnt Ronaldo Smith a Duck too?

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

twill is offline Starter

what an idiot.. instead of going from rags to riches, he went from riches to rags.. poor guy.. he brought it on himself though

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

What a waste of god given talent.. I really believe that if he would have stayed off the pot, and had the chance to start every game, that he would be one of the best of all time by the time his career was done.. He had so much talent, and could have been really great.. To bad pot screwed up his career, and his chance of making alot of money..

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"VikingKen" wrote:
    Wow! I really bought the whole "Steal of Draft" thing too. So much for that Oregon Duck thing working out for the vikings. Wasnt Ronaldo Smith a Duck too?

Dont you mean out other lber bust in raonall smith??? he went to washington state i believe.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

hes signing with a new cfl team and going for over 1000 yards..id put that right next to my name in permanent marker..the coach here gave him 2 carries to prove what he has, what kind of a chance is that? just awful on the winnipeg blue bombers part..bombers also cut the best qb on the roster too in favor of two turnover machines and a some journeyman bum from the nfl..they also decided to have their terribly inconsistent kicker pull double duty with punting this season (something he has been disgraceful at doing over the last couple years)..this team is a disgrace
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i hope he does well and gets back on track, he's a good player (was)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

im hoping they sign him tomorrow to the practice squad to allow him to rehab his foot, and continue to trim weight..theres no way on earth you let that kind of talent walk off the team..winnipeg has already had enough talented players get away in one way or another (mike sellers, arland bruce, keith stokes, khari jones)
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

VikingKen is offline Starter

"hawaiianvike21" wrote:
    "VikingKen" wrote:

Dont you mean out other lber bust in raonall smith??? he went to washington state i believe.
    yep thats the guy! Wasnt Tice the one behind both of these picks?

A successful coach needs a patient wife, loyal dog, and great quarterback - and not necessarily in that order. -- Bud Grant

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

From the Toronto Star;

[size=18px]Bombers cut `Whizzinator'[/size]

Jun. 11, 2006. 01:00 AM

The axe that had been poised above running back Onterrio Smith came crashing down yesterday.

The former NFL star was among 21 players released by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers as CFL teams reduced their rosters to the league-mandated 42.

Smith signed with the Bombers with much fanfare last month but suffered a foot injury early in training camp and didn't play in the club's first exhibition game. The 25-year-old suited up for Winnipeg's 30-15 loss to Montreal on Thursday night and needed to impress.

But Smith was pretty much a non-factor, rushing for seven yards on two carries and returning a kickoff 14 yards.

In April 2005, Smith was caught at the Minneapolis airport with a device designed to beat drug tests — called the Original Whizzinator — when his bag was scanned by security. Smith claimed the kit was for his cousin and wasn't charged by police.

But less than a month later, he was suspended for the 2005 season by the NFL for a third violation of its substance abuse policy.

Smith was also dismissed from the University of Tennessee in 2000 for marijuana use and finished his college career at Oregon.

Bombers cut `Whizzinator'

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast