Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Where We Discuss the Vikings' Pick for the 2009 SBNation Mock Draft

Alright, folks. . .things are moving fast and furious behind the scenes of the 2009 SBNation Mock Draft, the best damn mock draft in the business today.

While our friends at Mocking the Draft are only up to the 9th pick in the draft, behind the scenes we're already up to Tampa Bay at #19.
    So, with that, I'm going to open this poll for about 24 hours or so, at which point I'll have to submit the pick to the folks at Mocking the Draft for our selection.
    There's one guy that's currently available that I really think will not be by the time our pick comes up. . .in reality, said player shouldn't make it past Tampa Bay at #19. . .but if he is, I might jump on him anyway.

http://www.dailynorseman.com/2009/3/...cuss-the-vikin

Of course I voted "Other" because I want a DT, however, the important info in the link is the comments of course.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Where We Discuss the Vikings' Pick for the 2009 SBNation Mock Draft

This is how I look at it. OT is a question but I think we can get a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Hicks and Cook.
    It is such a hard choice between WR and CB for me, mainly because of my love for Phonso. On one hand we rarely us 3 WR sets and almost never use 4 WR sets and on the other hand I am not certain that Gordon will be set back by the injury or even play the same. It think Rice will shine this year and Wade is still young. In a perfect world I would pick up Holt and Tauscher and draft Phonso. Not sure why that is not happening. I don't think Vontae will be there so I will go with Phonso.

Looks like I am in the minority on that one. LOL. I would not be disappointed if we picked Harvin or Nicks. Britton is solid but we need a playmaker.

"marstc09" wrote:
    This is how I look at it. OT is a question but I think we can get a decent one in the 2nd or 3rd to compete with Hicks and Cook.
    It is such a hard choice between WR and CB for me, mainly because of my love for Phonso. On one hand we rarely us 3 WR sets and almost never use 4 WR sets and on the other hand I am not certain that Gordon will be set back by the injury or even play the same. It think Rice will shine this year and Wade is still young. In a perfect world I would pick up Holt and Tauscher and draft Phonso. Not sure why that is not happening. I don't think Vontae will be there so I will go with Phonso.

Looks like I am in the minority on that one. LOL. I would not be disappointed if we picked Harvin or Nicks. Britton is solid but we need a playmaker.
    Love the rationale.
    This is by far the hardest pick I have had to plug in for my mock in years.
    Team is set at almost every position.
    Good players will be available at each of those positions in almost every round (I have my rough mock out to the 4th round).

Gonna depend on who slips/falls and how Spielman has them ranked.
    Again, pretty tough call across the board.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I wouldn't mind us taking a kicker just for the sheer hilarity it will produce on here...

"vikes2456" wrote:
    I wouldn't mind us taking a kicker just for the sheer hilarity it will produce on here...
    I know a certain yutz located down in South Easter VA that would love to stir that pot.... ;D