Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: What's your opinion of a NFL Draft Lottery?

"AWZeus" wrote:
    Horrible idea. No need in the NFL.
    Exactly !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

fatmoldy is offline Waterboy

definitly the pick time should be shortened and there should be no draft lottery. thtas wny the the worst teams should get the best picks. thats why the NFL has a thing called "parody". and plus all the trase drama is entertaining

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

the nfl really does need to limit the amount of $$ on contracts for rookie players..they need to set something up like the nba has in place where a rookie can only make like 3 mil a year for 2-3 years if they are a really high pick, with the cash going down from there as the draft picks get lower..the player would then be a restricted free agent after his 2-3 years is up, and then he can cash in on the big money
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

briboy75 is offline Asst. Coach

we don't need to take crappy ideas from far less popular sports.

WisconsinSucks is offline Asst. Coach

Apparently the Vikings would benefit from more time. Ummmmm 7 to 9 in 5 seconds flat?

ZDoy379 is offline Starter

there should be no lottery in any sports even if ur team sucks in the nba and u want them to get the first pick u still never know if tehyll get the #1 pick until lottery day

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    shorten the legnth of each pick to 7 minutes or so because it is so ridiculous to watch it for so long. even though I watch like the whole thing pretty much
    There are teams that work trades during those 15 minutes. That's why they are 15 minutes long in the 1st round.

If it was just a matter of making a decision with no trades allowed, then that would be a different story & 7 minutes should be enough time.

Unless of course, you're Brett Favre. :wink:
    Personally, I LIKE the idea of shorter time allotment. If teams want to trade, they have to get on the horse NOW to get it done. 15 minutes means that in order to see the Vikings pick at #17, you've suffered through up to 4 HOURS of looking at Tagliabue and listening to Mel Kiper jr blather on about how wrong he is, was, and will be...

yuck.

Caine
    I hear you on that side of the coin. I just glad it's not 15 minutes of Madden slobbering over Favre.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "ViKing24" wrote:
    shorten the legnth of each pick to 7 minutes or so because it is so ridiculous to watch it for so long. even though I watch like the whole thing pretty much
    There are teams that work trades during those 15 minutes. That's why they are 15 minutes long in the 1st round.

If it was just a matter of making a decision with no trades allowed, then that would be a different story & 7 minutes should be enough time.

Unless of course, you're Brett Favre. :wink:
    Personally, I LIKE the idea of shorter time allotment. If teams want to trade, they have to get on the horse NOW to get it done. 15 minutes means that in order to see the Vikings pick at #17, you've suffered through up to 4 HOURS of looking at Tagliabue and listening to Mel Kiper jr blather on about how wrong he is, was, and will be...

yuck.

Caine
    I hear you on that side of the coin. I just glad it's not 15 minutes of Madden slobbering over Favre.
    Usually my wife pipes up just as they are heading to the podium to do the Vikes pick and screws it up (when Tice missed his pick my wife was late too :scratch: ), and I’m in the doghouse for being in front of the TV for 2 hrs, funny how she doesn’t bother me when the browns or Texans are making their pick.

Last year here in Canada they stopped the television coverage just before the Vikings had their pick, this year I have satellite and a 52” DLP in the draft bunker and my wife is going to visit her mother.
    :cheers:

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"olson_10" wrote:
    the nfl really does need to limit the amount of $$ on contracts for rookie players..they need to set something up like the nba has in place where a rookie can only make like 3 mil a year for 2-3 years if they are a really high pick, with the cash going down from there as the draft picks get lower..the player would then be a restricted free agent after his 2-3 years is up, and then he can cash in on the big money
    I disagree with that somewhat these guys are playing a sport where serious injuries can happen and the colleges they play for can make a lot of money off their efforts while they make no money until they get into the draft where they have earned the right to make what they make. Also there should be no draft lottery in the NFL or any other sport.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234