Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats Next?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Whats Next?

OK, they were prepped to go pretty high on Rice. Doesn't look like there is another cat out there that would demand that much money when it comes to WR.

Having said that, were do they spend that money they were going to spend on Rice?

a. DT - Haloti Ngata, Aubrayo Franklin, Brandon Mebane?

I wouldn't mind anyone of them. Mebane was more of a 0/1 tech and was forced to learn the 3/5 tech last year. Might be a good fit when it comes to the rotation we might see on the roster.

b. LB - Not sure but my guess is they will spend a bunch getting Chad done. That won't leave much for FA. Probably gonna see Erin get the chance with a low level FA brought in to provide insurance/depth.

Maybe a Kamerion Wimbley (was he franchised), Keith Bulluck, maybe Ben will opt for a low ball contract.

c. S - They already tested the marked on Weddle. Not much left out there. Huff, Harper.

d. WR - Sure have alot of "Big" bodies on the roster. Are they going to go with a couple of those or will they opt to bring in a Malcom Floyd, Naanee? Braylon is standing out there left at the alter.

So far, can't find anything on the wire that shows they are interested in anyone but a RB who failed a physical.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Whats Next?

That RB, Derrick Locke, is now with the Eagles.

If we don't have a good crop of WR's that can catch, then signing McNabb was a waste.

Big targets & lots of them doesn't mean shit if they can't catch the ball.

Get him some fucking targets that we know can get open & catch!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I think they are done.

It almost looks to me like they are setting the franchise up to move.

They failed to get a comprehensive stadium plan to the legislature so it could not brought up for a vote.

They brought in yet another tired, washed up QB to piss our fans off while they get the new one ready for LA

They started to gut the roster so fans get apathetic.

They are not adding any significant new talent.

It is starting to look alot like the post 1998 Vikings under Red McCombs to me. I believe Wilf is setting the team up to relocate to what he sees as greener pastures.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101475
    I think they are done.

They failed to get a comprehensive stadium plan to the legislature so it could not brought up for a vote.

They brought in yet another tired, washed up QB to piss our fans off while they get the new one ready for LA

It is starting to look alot like the post 1998 Vikings under Red McCombs to me. I believe Wilf is setting the team up to relocate to what he sees as greener pastures.
    Perhaps it's their "Suck For Luck" campaign.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1101480
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101475
    I think they are done.

Perhaps it's their "Suck For Luck" campaign.
    I hope not after burning a 1st on Ponder. If that was the case they should have taken a DT or an OL

Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp

I just dont see it. the vikings have a lot of talent. they just need to add a couple pieces. and they dont need elite pieces either. Yes they probably wont make the playoffs but getting talent on the roster is the first step for the years after that. even with a couple pieces they can have a very respectable season.
    None

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Mpalac4" #1101493
    I just dont see it. the vikings have a lot of talent. they just need to add a couple pieces. and they dont need elite pieces either. Yes they probably wont make the playoffs but getting talent on the roster is the first step for the years after that. even with a couple pieces they can have a very respectable season.
    The problem is that the talent they have is all coming up contractually over the next few years. And now with McNabb they just gave up 2 future draft picks which will limit the young talent they can bring in down the road.

IMHO they need more than a few pieces.

OL
    DL
    Secondary
    WR

Between those units alone they need at least 8 quality players to get to any sort of depth that can keep them competitive if we have any players at all get injured.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101499
    The problem is that the talent they have is all coming up contractually over the next few years. And now with McNabb they just gave up 2 future draft picks which will limit the young talent they can bring in down the road.
    You're joking right? a sixth round pick....

Your McNabb hate might just be as rediculous as Marty's Favre-hate.

However, at least at this point thus far he hasn't proved you wrong yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101501

We could have waited for them to release him and it would have cost us nothing.

McNabb is no Brett. Please do not expect him to come in and repeat that scenario or you will be very disappointed.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1101502
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1101501

We could have waited for them to release him and it would have cost us nothing.

McNabb is no Brett. Please do not expect him to come in and repeat that scenario or you will be very disappointed.
    I don't expect him to, especially considering we are a worse team than we were in 09.

I do expect him to play better than Ponder or Webb would, and I expect him to give Ponder time to develop on the bench, the way a guy like him should.

If Ponder starts, we are a 5 win team at best. with McNabb, we have the potential for playoffs. Not saying we will make it, but we MIGHT.

And waiting for them to release him might not have been a good idea. Fraizer said they traded rather than doing that because they wanted him in camp right away. waiting does not guarantee he comes here. As well, the Redskins likely wouldn't release him until final roster cuts, so that doesn't help us at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast