Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 64
  1. #21
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    "MaxVike" wrote:
    In this order:
    1- Kevin Curtis (hands down, best upside)
    2- Brandon Stokely (knows how to win, great slot)
    3- Joe Horn (had to like his approach during Katrina + he can play)
    4- Drew Bennett (will go to Pats...betcha)
    5- Donte Stallworth (never healthy for more than 4 or 5 games in a row)
    I would agree with Curtis being in the #1 slot, followed by Horn.
    Neither Stokely nor Bennet get me excited.
    Stallworth has been an injury prone WR ever since he was signed with the Saints, don't want that guy.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #22
    marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Mpls, MN
    Posts
    2,097

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

    The WR group is getting pretty thin already.

    If he's not finagilling a trade somewhere, BC needs to sign someone fast.

    Horn or Stallworth, if it were up to me...
    -Sno

  3. #23
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    "SnoBumMN" wrote:
    http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

    The WR group is getting pretty thin already.

    If he's not finagilling a trade somewhere, BC needs to sign someone fast.

    Horn or Stallworth, if it were up to me...
    Haven't seen to many on this list sign yet.


    http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/...eagentsWR.html
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #24
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    Well pretty much are only chance is signing stallworth or trading for Darrel Jackson which I don't think will happen. Also knowing the vikings lack of decision making I think we will draft a DE in the first round. Thats besides the fact that are defense against the run was the best in the league. I'm sorry but I see em as I call him if it smells like a crappy coach looks like a crappy coach bygolly he is a crappy coach.


    Formerly Viking24

  5. #25
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    Well pretty much are only chance is signing stallworth or trading for Darrel Jackson which I don't think will happen. Also knowing the vikings lack of decision making I think we will draft a DE in the first round. Thats besides the fact that are defense against the run was the best in the league. I'm sorry but I see em as I call him if it smells like a crappy coach looks like a crappy coach bygolly he is a crappy coach.
    Either that or you are irrational and make irrational statements pulled out of your ass that aren't based in reality.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #26
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    Hey if the Vikings have a crappy season which I'm predicting not until after the draft. I will call you on it I say it like it is.


    Formerly Viking24

  7. #27
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    Hey if the Vikings have a crappy season which I'm predicting not until after the draft. I will call you on it I say it like it is.
    You say it as you perceive it, not how it is.
    There is a big difference.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    "ViKing24" wrote:
    Well pretty much are only chance is signing stallworth or trading for Darrel Jackson which I don't think will happen. Also knowing the vikings lack of decision making I think we will draft a DE in the first round. Thats besides the fact that are defense against the run was the best in the league. I'm sorry but I see em as I call him if it smells like a crappy coach looks like a crappy coach bygolly he is a crappy coach.
    Sorry my man, but you are talking gibberishhhhshshhs...

    Take a look at the players that will be available at the number 7.
    It appears that a DE will be the only one left there that is actually worth the value.

    If that is in fact the case then yes they should draft a DE if they can't trade out of the pick.

    Additionally, our season next year WON'T hinge on whether or not we get Jackson or Stallworth but rather how we address the multiple positions that we need help at.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    I see a lot of people worried about us getting a WR in FA.

    Some of these same people were the same ones begging & praying that Childress would give Jason Carter a chance last year to start. Well last time I checked JC is still a Viking & perhaps this year that is exactly what Childress has in mind.

    Isn't that what some of you people have been hoping for? Or do you insist we sign a big name receiver & Carter ride the pine for another year?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #30
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: What WR(s) Should we pick up in the FA.

    Sorry but the only devotion Childress has to anyone is old players and coaches. For example the trading of Hank Baskett a possible star for a unproven chump otherwise know as Billy Mcmullen who hasn't proven anything. As well as the signing of Darrell Bevell a QB coach who had connections with him when he was the offensive coordinator for the Wisconsin Badgers. Also the Trade for Brooks Bollinger for CJ Moseley. Bollinger was the Badgers QB during Childress's tenure with the badgers. Along with the Trade for Artis Hicks another player of the Eagles offense who did terrible. Not to mention the signing of Todd Stinks(Ton). The list goes on and on the only devotion he has for anyone is his former players not his fans. Heck I could care less if we fired him as a maintenance worker to clean Pat Williams crap off the floor for all I care. I have ye little faith for him and I don't think anyone else should. Sorry thats just my opinion and I respect yours as well.


    Formerly Viking24

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. You Canít Pick Perfect, Just Pick Right
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2011, 08:10 PM
  2. 2008 NFL Draft pick-by-pick analysis
    By Prophet in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
  3. With the 72nd pick in the draft the Vikings pick?
    By ViKing24 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-30-2007, 03:44 AM
  4. And with the 7th pick of the 2007 draft, the Minnesota Vikings pick...
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 344
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 01:24 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-01-2007, 06:20 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •