Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

What Will These Five SB Contenders Do in Draft

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:What Will These Five SB Contenders Do in Draft

Surprise surprise. Secondary help. Who would of thunk? I would take Earl Thomas in a heartbeat.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

If favre comes back we go with secondary. Every article says that.

What I want to know is who we will draft IF Favre Doesn't come back, will it change?

I would assume a decision has been made by Favre and the Team and they will not discuss it with anyone. I believe the decision of Brett Favre Coming back or retiring directly reflects on who we draft in the first couple rounds.

marstc09 wrote:
    Surprise surprise. Secondary help. Who would of thunk? I would take Earl Thomas in a heartbeat.
    LOL, comeon, you know I agree with you that we need help. Hell I would love to see them take one of the top flight guys at 30.

I just don't thing someone like Thomas is gonna be there. Especially when you look at the shift teams are making with respect to S's that are more CB's with big bodies.

The two worth taking will be long gone by 30 I suspect.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PackSux! wrote:

What I want to know is who we will draft IF Favre Doesn't come back, will it change?

I would assume a decision has been made by Favre and the Team and they will not discuss it with anyone. I believe the decision of Brett Favre Coming back or retiring directly reflects on who we draft in the first couple rounds.
    I don't think the Noodles decision has anything to do with who we draft.

We need a QB regardless of his intentions.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:

I have it feeling it may.

But yes drafting a quarterback is a for sure, no doubt about it. I just believe that Favre's decision will sway the choice to either draft one early or later.

PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:

But yes drafting a quarterback is a for sure, no doubt about it. I just believe that Favre's decision will sway the choice to either draft one early or later.
    I just don't follow with that rationale though.

Even if we do take one early, it isn't like he would start. In fact I would expect them to take one early if they could, unless of course by early you mean move up.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:

Even if we do take one early, it isn't like he would start. In fact I would expect them to take one early if they could, unless of course by early you mean move up.
    Gotta side with the old man. I think we take a stab at a top tier QB if the value is right in the 1st even if Favre stays or goes.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:

Gotta side with the old man. I think we take a stab at a top tier QB if the value is right in the 1st even if Favre stays or goes.

This.

Favre's not stupid. He knows he's not staying for long, the Vikings know it. We need a QB after Favre, he knows that, we know it. Its not like a McNabb situation when they drafted Kolb, or even like when the packers drafted Rodgers. drafting a QB should have no effect on whether Favre comes back.

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    PackSux! wrote:

This.

Favre's not stupid. He knows he's not staying for long, the Vikings know it. We need a QB after Favre, he knows that, we know it. Its not like a McNabb situation when they drafted Kolb, or even like when the packers drafted Rodgers. drafting a QB should have no effect on whether Favre comes back.
    That's what we thought when he was waffling in the off-season at age 35. You never know. He might keep playing untill he's 45. Lol.

That said, QB would be a smart move. I just wonder what you will get at the bottom of the 1st. McCoy and Tebow seem likely. One is a guy who has a relatively weak arm and will most likely be a servicable West Coast QB. Tebow is a huge project, and one I don't think will ever become a really good QB in this league.

You ought to be tempted to do as much as you can right now, while Pat and Brett are still on the team. Fix a hole if you can, as long as you don't have to reach.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast