Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

"patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

Lines make QB's not otherwise.
    The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Only because they aren't weak at any other position.
    Including quarterback.

patistheman is offline Starter

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Including quarterback.
    I think Ben is overrated, but if you are saying they are weak at QB I strongly disagree.

"patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

Including quarterback.
    I think Ben is overrated, but if you are saying they are weak at QB I strongly disagree.
    I'm saying they have a good quarterback who doesn't poop his pants at the sight of any defense better than the Lions. Their backup is better than TJack, Gus or any QB we've had since Culpepper. WE NEED A QB.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

To tell you the truth we need to address every one of those.

OT
    -
    need a starter, or touted rookie to compete with Cook.

WR -
    need another body, Wade is good but shouldn't be an outside guy. Rice is still raw (should be a senior this year).

QB -
    need someone to start or to put a serious push on TJ.

C -
    need another body, or to resign Birk. 3 of Mike Mayocks top 5 centers entering the draft are suited to a ZB scheme, something to think about.

CB - could use someone. There is a bit of a fall off after our starters. We are fortunate Griff and AW stayed healthy. Imagine Sapp or Gordon trying to play the run and short passing game like those two do in our base D?

DT - need bodies for possibility of Williams' bros suspension, preferably a NT who can eventually take over when Pat steps aside.

S -
    need a body. Weather it is to replace Sharper, to backup Tyrell or is Sharper.

Other - I would say we've proven we don't have a lot of depth at LB, we signed our own sloppy seconds, napo, and these guys are generally the playmakers on ST, which we all know was piss poor.

I bet we can address all of them, most through the draft.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"jessejames09" wrote:

OT
    -

WR -
    need another body, Wade is good but shouldn't be an outside guy. Rice is still raw (should be a senior this year).

QB -

C -
    need another body, or to resign Birk. 3 of Mike Mayocks top 5 centers entering the draft are suited to a ZB scheme, something to think about.

CB - could use someone. There is a bit of a fall off after our starters. We are fortunate Griff and AW stayed healthy. Imagine Sapp or Gordon trying to play the run and short passing game like those two do in our base D?

DT - need bodies for possibility of Williams' bros suspension, preferably a NT who can eventually take over when Pat steps aside.

S -

Other - I would say we've proven we don't have a lot of depth at LB, we signed our own sloppy seconds, napo, and these guys are generally the playmakers on ST, which we all know was piss poor.

i agree with the exception of LB... we need depth there but not bc we don't have depth and had to sign people,....

you forget that we had EJ, David Herron, Vinny Cirruci and Heath Farewell all go down.. which left Erin Henderson Leber and Greenway on the roster... so if not for all of those unfortunate injuries we'd of been ok...

remember there wasn't much drop off if any once Herron had to come in or even Napo was in there... they both filled in more than adequately....

We need LB to challenge Leber or Greenway for a spot... for depth... someone that's athletic and can hit like a EJ... someone that is a good blitzer and also a good cover guy out in the open field, where Greenway has a tendancy to struggle....

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I would like to see them bring in another water boy and an assistant towel folder. Those spots seem to be pretty weak.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

144 views and only 12 votes? How come polls are not open to nonmembers?

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=50301.msg900757#msg900757 date=1232657847]
    OT.

Including quarterback.
    I'm saying they have a good quarterback who doesn't poop his pants at the sight of any defense better than the Lions. Their backup is better than TJack, Gus or any QB we've had since Culpepper. WE NEED A QB.
    [/quote]

yeah but Tjack is not cross eyd like Big Ben is...nevermind :P

Thompson is offline Waterboy

"jessejames09" wrote:

OT
    -

WR -

QB -

C -

S -

I agree with the exception of LB and we need a new kick retruner....Hicks SUCKS!!!!

nareg is offline Rookie

i think we should add another play maker like hervin!! that would make our offense play better a sense of urgency!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast