Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 446
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

    Lines make QB's not otherwise.
    The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Only because they aren't weak at any other position.
    Including quarterback.

  2. #12
    patistheman's Avatar
    patistheman is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    231

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

    Lines make QB's not otherwise.
    The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Only because they aren't weak at any other position.
    Including quarterback.
    I think Ben is overrated, but if you are saying they are weak at QB I strongly disagree.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,134

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    OT.

    Lines make QB's not otherwise.
    The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Only because they aren't weak at any other position.
    Including quarterback.
    I think Ben is overrated, but if you are saying they are weak at QB I strongly disagree.
    I'm saying they have a good quarterback who doesn't poop his pants at the sight of any defense better than the Lions. Their backup is better than TJack, Gus or any QB we've had since Culpepper. WE NEED A QB.

  4. #14
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    To tell you the truth we need to address every one of those.

    OT
    -
    need a starter, or touted rookie to compete with Cook.

    WR -
    need another body, Wade is good but shouldn't be an outside guy. Rice is still raw (should be a senior this year).

    QB -
    need someone to start or to put a serious push on TJ.

    C -
    need another body, or to resign Birk. 3 of Mike Mayocks top 5 centers entering the draft are suited to a ZB scheme, something to think about.

    CB - could use someone. There is a bit of a fall off after our starters. We are fortunate Griff and AW stayed healthy. Imagine Sapp or Gordon trying to play the run and short passing game like those two do in our base D?

    DT - need bodies for possibility of Williams' bros suspension, preferably a NT who can eventually take over when Pat steps aside.


    S -
    need a body. Weather it is to replace Sharper, to backup Tyrell or is Sharper.

    Other - I would say we've proven we don't have a lot of depth at LB, we signed our own sloppy seconds, napo, and these guys are generally the playmakers on ST, which we all know was piss poor.


    I bet we can address all of them, most through the draft.

  5. #15
    bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,949

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    To tell you the truth we need to address every one of those.

    OT
    -
    need a starter, or touted rookie to compete with Cook.

    WR -
    need another body, Wade is good but shouldn't be an outside guy. Rice is still raw (should be a senior this year).

    QB -
    need someone to start or to put a serious push on TJ.

    C -
    need another body, or to resign Birk. 3 of Mike Mayocks top 5 centers entering the draft are suited to a ZB scheme, something to think about.

    CB - could use someone. There is a bit of a fall off after our starters. We are fortunate Griff and AW stayed healthy. Imagine Sapp or Gordon trying to play the run and short passing game like those two do in our base D?

    DT - need bodies for possibility of Williams' bros suspension, preferably a NT who can eventually take over when Pat steps aside.


    S -
    need a body. Weather it is to replace Sharper, to backup Tyrell or is Sharper.

    Other - I would say we've proven we don't have a lot of depth at LB, we signed our own sloppy seconds, napo, and these guys are generally the playmakers on ST, which we all know was piss poor.


    I bet we can address all of them, most through the draft.
    i agree with the exception of LB... we need depth there but not bc we don't have depth and had to sign people,....

    you forget that we had EJ, David Herron, Vinny Cirruci and Heath Farewell all go down.. which left Erin Henderson Leber and Greenway on the roster... so if not for all of those unfortunate injuries we'd of been ok...

    remember there wasn't much drop off if any once Herron had to come in or even Napo was in there... they both filled in more than adequately....

    We need LB to challenge Leber or Greenway for a spot... for depth... someone that's athletic and can hit like a EJ... someone that is a good blitzer and also a good cover guy out in the open field, where Greenway has a tendancy to struggle....

  6. #16
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    I would like to see them bring in another water boy and an assistant towel folder. Those spots seem to be pretty weak.

  7. #17
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    144 views and only 12 votes? How come polls are not open to nonmembers?

  8. #18
    Garland Greene's Avatar
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    A, A
    Posts
    6,170

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    "patistheman" wrote:
    "DeathtoDenny" wrote:
    [quote author=Mr-holland link=topic=50301.msg900757#msg900757 date=1232657847]
    OT.

    Lines make QB's not otherwise.
    The Steelers O-Line is their biggest weakness, and they're in the Superbowl. O-lines don't make junk quarterbacks geniuses.
    Only because they aren't weak at any other position.
    Including quarterback.
    I think Ben is overrated, but if you are saying they are weak at QB I strongly disagree.
    I'm saying they have a good quarterback who doesn't poop his pants at the sight of any defense better than the Lions. Their backup is better than TJack, Gus or any QB we've had since Culpepper. WE NEED A QB.
    [/quote]

    yeah but Tjack is not cross eyd like Big Ben is...nevermind :P

  9. #19
    Thompson is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    13

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    "jessejames09" wrote:
    To tell you the truth we need to address every one of those.

    OT
    -
    need a starter, or touted rookie to compete with Cook.

    WR -
    need another body, Wade is good but shouldn't be an outside guy. Rice is still raw (should be a senior this year).

    QB -
    need someone to start or to put a serious push on TJ.

    C -
    need another body, or to resign Birk. 3 of Mike Mayocks top 5 centers entering the draft are suited to a ZB scheme, something to think about.

    CB - could use someone. There is a bit of a fall off after our starters. We are fortunate Griff and AW stayed healthy. Imagine Sapp or Gordon trying to play the run and short passing game like those two do in our base D?

    DT - need bodies for possibility of Williams' bros suspension, preferably a NT who can eventually take over when Pat steps aside.


    S -
    need a body. Weather it is to replace Sharper, to backup Tyrell or is Sharper.

    Other - I would say we've proven we don't have a lot of depth at LB, we signed our own sloppy seconds, napo, and these guys are generally the playmakers on ST, which we all know was piss poor.


    I bet we can address all of them, most through the draft.
    I agree with the exception of LB and we need a new kick retruner....Hicks SUCKS!!!!

  10. #20
    nareg is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    129

    Re: What is the Vikings biggest need this offseason?

    i think we should add another play maker like hervin!! that would make our offense play better a sense of urgency!

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 5 biggest misconceptions about the Vikings
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-16-2011, 03:31 PM
  2. Prioritizing the Vikings 7 Biggest Needs
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:56 PM
  3. Biggest Loss for the Vikings?
    By Scout200 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 09:44 AM
  4. Biggest SB Disappointment: Vikings or Bills?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 09:13 AM
  5. Woman may be Vikings biggest fan
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-27-2005, 05:04 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •