Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re:What should we expect out of Madieu Williams????

Marrdro wrote:
    If our DL plays well, our DB's (and LB'rs) play well. In short, he will do fine as long as they are doing thier job.
    LOL. So I will do fine as long as my coworkers do their jobs. Ok.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    If our DL plays well, our DB's (and LB'rs) play well. In short, he will do fine as long as they are doing thier job.
    It's how the Giants won a SB. It all starts with the D-line.

Now, a good DB core is a great extra. There's a handful of real playmakers at those positions, but you don't need one if you can get some good pressure.

As for Williams, I think he'll just be average again. It takes some time for the coin to drop with safeties from time to time, but he's 28 and came into the league in 2004. I don't know how much he'll improve from this point on. Another year in the system will do him good, but I can't imagine him becoming a very good player all of a sudden. Just a capable one.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    I wouldn't count on it, you might be a lost cause :P

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I expect out of him what I expect out of every professional player. I expect them to work hard and continually improve and earn their millions of dollars that they get for playing a game.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

I have a big question mark at the Safety position. IMO, they seem to disappear in most games. We see the CB's, we seeteh LB's, but the Safties are seldom a big part of ehplay - or so it seems.

But the TRUTH is that Willaims was 4th in team tackles, and Johnson was 6th. Obviously they ARE involved...they just aren't standing out as much.

Another part of the problem is that we don'thave any ball hawks - not at CB or Safty. There aren't any "Sexy" grab-your-attention plays to highlight their play.

Maybe it's scheme, or maybe it's ability. I don't know. But my personal feeling is that the Secondary is our defensive weakness.

In the end, I feel Williams does a good job, but I'd like to see more from him.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Do you and your coworkers work as a team to get the job done?

If you do, and one of those is a slacker, your product will suffer no matter how hard you do your part.

If you don't, well, your point has no merrit for this discussion. Go talk to me in the Defensive ROY thread. Thats were we are talking about individual awards.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Caine wrote:
    I have a big question mark at the Safety position. IMO, they seem to disappear in most games. We see the CB's, we seeteh LB's, but the Safties are seldom a big part of ehplay - or so it seems.

But the TRUTH is that Willaims was 4th in team tackles, and Johnson was 6th. Obviously they ARE involved...they just aren't standing out as much.

Another part of the problem is that we don'thave any ball hawks - not at CB or Safty. There aren't any "Sexy" grab-your-attention plays to highlight their play.

Maybe it's scheme, or maybe it's ability. I don't know. But my personal feeling is that the Secondary is our defensive weakness.

Caine
    Its the scheme I tell ya, its the scheme.

Our defense clicks when everyone does thier job, especially when our DL is doing it with just the front 4.

Let that group slip just a bit and everyone behind them looks silly.

On a side note, if we tried to put any of our Secondary on a team that played manup/press defense, they would all fail as they aren't those type of cats.

Put a cat like that in our scheme and his production will drop off as well (ala Sharpukerboy).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

Our defense clicks when everyone does thier job, especially when our DL is doing it with just the front 4.

On a side note, if we tried to put any of our Secondary on a team that played manup/press defense, they would all fail as they aren't those type of cats.

Put a cat like that in our scheme and his production will drop off as well (ala Sharpukerboy).
    Let me get this straight...it's the scheme, but no one would succeed in our scheme? Further, our guys wouldn't do well anywhere else?

So, we have crappy players in a crappy scheme? Is that what you're saying?

Caine

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

sharpukerboy has been our best safety in literally a decade.

Even in the cover 2

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

i_bleed_purple wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Caine wrote:

Caine

sharpukerboy has been our best safety in literally a decade.

Even in the cover 2
    I liked sharper with our team as well.
    he's just no joey browner
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast