Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

What Seahawk's Fans are Saying, Some of it makes sense

" I'm very skeptical that this provision is really part of the offer sheet. The Vikings already have Birk and McKinnie. I can't imagine them agreeing to a restriction that would handcuff them in re-signing these linemen or anyone else in the future just to get one good player."

i find this an interesting common sense comment.

another fan's rebuttle.

"The thing that, to me, would make it so that this clause doesn't have to be matched is that technically we wouldn't be matching the contract to the letter if we do put this clause in, and here's why.

If the Vikings sign him with this clause, they would have to give a contract to another OL to make that player the highest paid OL....whereas if the Seahawks sign him with this clause, his contract would automatically become garaunteed because he's making less than Walter Jones.

They're trying to make it so we HAVE to garauntee his contract to sign him, while they do not...that is not the same contract, IMO."

and another...playing spy.!

"The talk here in Minneapolis on the raido is that Hutch has a "hand shake" agreement to rework his contract with The Vikings after this year, so that the highest paid player clause only stand for this year. In order to match the offer, you would need to rework a couple of contracts so that Hutch is the highest paid player.
    I particularly like this part
    On top of that, it seems apparant that Hutch wants to sign with the Vikings for whatever reason, so theres no promise that he would yank that little clause out of his contract if Seattle forces him to stay.

As far as I am hearing here, this is the first time anythign like this has been added to an offer sheet, and it is entirley possible things will be amended in the comming year so that it can't happen like this again. At this point though, it seems like The Vikings found a crack in the pavement so to speak, and unless you guys restructure other players contracts over the next few days, or guarantee his entire 49 million since as it stands rightnow he will not be the highest paid player on your roster this year, he is comming to MN."

Cajunvike is that you?!!! hahahaha

yet here's another perspective...

You nailed it with the first part of that sentence..."all of this crap". Look, we're discussing a bunch of "what-ifs" right now.

Here are the facts:
    "At last month's Pro Bowl, Hutchinson told The Times he wished to remain a Seahawk."

"...At an average of $7 million a year..that figure is part of a seven-year, $49 million deal that includes $16 million in guaranteed money."

"The offer sheet is about $610,000 higher per year than the one-year transition tender the Seahawks extended to the offensive lineman last month."

"Under the rules of the NFL's transition tag, the Seahawks have the right to match any contract offer for Hutchinson from another team...They have seven days from the time they receive the offer sheet to decide whether to match, or Hutchinson can sign the offer and become a Viking with no compensation for the Seahawks."

i hope that 610,000 quote is not true cause why wouldn't the seahawks just sign him (but they will have to chance it in arbitration)

alright well that is the first installment of spying... you can check out the site for yourself at:

http://mb14.scout.com/fseahawksinsiderfrm1

tell me what you guys think.

Re: What Seahawk's Fans are Saying, Some of it makes sense

[some more]

"Hutch may not want to be here but that has nothing to do with the issues within the contract and their legality.

I have a hard time finding a reason why he would rather be a Viking than a Seahawk but since I have not talked to him I do not know.

Personnally I think he signed this deal because it is worth a tremendous amount of money and the Vikings said that he either sign it in its current form and right now or the deal was off the table.

From a business standpoint he had to sign.

You are reading too much into the meaning of the "clause".

Adding that clause makes good business sense for Hutch."

i guess this guy is saying we forced Hutch to sign the offer sheet? hahahaha!

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

lol yes we forced him to..with a gun to his head..lol he worked it out this way because he doesnt want to play in seattle anymore..flat out
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

The Seahawks have fans???

Ok, that was a bad joke.

This contract offered is surely the work of some crafty lawyer that doesn't like the TAGS period.

Now you know why we dropped the TAG on B-Will, we would have opened up some problems trying to keep him anyway.

we have a "handshake agreement" to rework his deal? anybody in minneapolis ACTUALLY heard of this? or is it some hawks fan in minnesota that is just trying to make it look like we are doing something illegal
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    we have a "handshake agreement" to rework his deal? anybody in minneapolis ACTUALLY heard of this? or is it some hawks fan in minnesota that is just trying to make it look like we are doing something illegal
    It was probably a KFAN listening seadog fan regurgitating talk radio speculation.

this deal is in no way a "crack in the pavement" and it wont be amended..the deal would also effect the vikings plans, making it so they cant sign anybody for a larger deal (not like anyone is good enough to get one for that much)..this is in no way an unfair deal because it effects both teams involved

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    It was probably a KFAN listening seadog fan regurgitating talk radio speculation.
    nah, most likely some anti vikings minnesotan that wants to make all of his seahawks buddies believe we are cheating them

"After what I've read from around the web today, here's my prediction for what we'll hear when the terms become public: 1) The "poison pill" clause is b.s. (only source for this all day has been PFT), BUT 2) the first year cap hit is $13 million (Sando is the only one reporting otherwise and his counterparts in Minnesota are reporting the $13 million number).

We'll see what happens, but I'm on the fence about whether the Seahawks should match even if only 2) is true. The Seahawks are in a position to compete for a title this year (with or without Hutchinson); the Vikings, especially without Culpepper, are not. For that reason, I'm not sure the Seahawks want to be taking such a big cap hit on one player for 2006 even if it means the hit would be less in subsequent years, while it makes sense that the Vikings would be ok taking a huge hit this year."

is it possible that the clause doesn't exist?

"I read a post from Michael David Smith from Football Outsiders that this "poisoned pill' clause is not unprecedented. Holmy will be furious when he gets back from holidays to find half of his vaunted left side is gone."

holmgren isn't even around for free agency? hahaha WTF!

Navycoach is offline Starter

I LOVE the atmosphere out here right now. Seahawk fans are really, really worried. They know he's gone, cuz they know how the management works out here. I'm lovin EVERY second of this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast