Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

RB obviously duuuuuuuuh

but on a serious note, qb

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

I said RB because that is about the only position on the team in which the depth is satisfactory, at least to the point a round one pick is unneeded. Anywhere else, a first round pick would either be an instant starter (DE), create competition (QB), learn behind a vet (S), or add quality back-ups (LB)
    Also, consider what the Packers, Giants, and others have learned in recent years- you do not need a big name, high pick to have a decent running game.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

Kicker, obviously
    :.
    I hate kickers
    :-

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I'd go with QB, if we do that then it says to me that Childress and the coaching have been lying throught their front teeth about the confidence that they have in TJ. It would also smack of trying to avoid getting canned by Zygi by the end of the season.
    Would you throw your young player under the bus after one season's worth of games?
    Besides DE, I think a QB is the best option for our first round pick this year assuming one of the top two QBs falls (Ryan or Brohm).
    I've seen about 5 Brohm games over the past 2 seasons and have been very impressed with his poise and skill set.
    If he fell to us at 17 and we didn't take him, I would be very concerned about completely hitching our wagon to TJack.
    Like I've been saying, I think (and hope) that TJack tears it up this season, but BB as our lone backup at the moment is alarming.
    TJack missed several games last season, and BB did not perform well in Detroit or GB.
    If we don't make a play for Ryan, Brohm, Flacco, or Henne in the first 2 rounds, than I will be very upset about the direction the QB position has gone over the past few years.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

I would say if the vikes 17th overall selsction was a punter I would have to gouge out my eyes with a steak knife. and ask what in the green (word that ryhmes with duck) are they thinking?
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

Next years QB class looks pretty bare also, so that is just another reason to take a QB early too.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Kicker, obviously
    :.
    I hate kickers
    :-\
    Yeah, but longwell isn't getting any younger. I would go with punter, kluwe had a great season and should be able to play for a long time.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    Next years QB class looks pretty bare also, so that is just another reason to take a QB early too.
    so your banking on tjack to suck this year?

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    so your banking on tjack to suck this year?
    No, go up a few more posts and you will see that I think he is going to do well this year.
    However, I think we need to have a backup plan in a league that revolves around the QB position.
    BB is not a good alternative if TJack goes down for any period of time or ends up throwing more INTs than TDs next year.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

K/P first, RB/FB close behind.
    All the other positions are potentials for first round picks on this team.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast