Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 59
  1. #1
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "mjuaire" wrote:
    What would people be least happy with in a first round selection?

    Personally, I would not want a QB drafted in the first round.
    I have more faith (reserved however) in t-jack and think we can adress more pressing needs.
    mjuaire's post intrigued me.
    We are all talking about what we want to see the most with the 17th pick.
    So what do we definately NOT want to see?

    For me it is RB.
    We are simply too good and too deep at the position for a first round pick to make any sense - even if McFadden falls.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #2
    jkjuggalo's Avatar
    jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,131

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    I chose fullback because there is no talent at FB worth picking in round one and probably even day 1.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

  3. #3
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mjuaire" wrote:
    What would people be least happy with in a first round selection?

    Personally, I would not want a QB drafted in the first round.
    I have more faith (reserved however) in t-jack and think we can adress more pressing needs.
    mjuaire's post intrigued me.
    We are all talking about what we want to see the most with the 17th pick.
    So what do we definately NOT want to see?

    For me it is RB.
    We are simply too good and too deep at the position for a first round pick to make any sense - even if McFadden falls.
    Although I am tempted to say RB, the position I do not want to see is the following:

    The Vikes bent over taking one....

    We don't need that in any draft ever.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  4. #4
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    I'd have to go with Punter.

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd have to go with Punter.


    Purposely left Punter and Kicker off the poll because there has never been either one taken in the first round.
    The rest are up for grabs though.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I chose fullback because there is no talent at FB worth picking in round one and probably even day 1.
    That is a good way to look at it.
    At least the other positions have someone who could be justified as a round one pick.
    And to top it off, FB is a rarely used position for the Vikings.
    Good call.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  7. #7
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd have to go with Punter.


    Purposely left Punter and Kicker off the poll because there has never been either one taken in the first round.
    The rest are up for grabs though.
    Never by the Vikings, possibly.

    I want to say the RayDurrs took Sabastian Janikowski in the 1st back in the day..


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

  8. #8
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,778
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    I'd go with QB, if we do that then it says to me that Childress and the coaching have been lying throught their front teeth about the confidence that they have in TJ. It would also smack of trying to avoid getting canned by Zygi by the end of the season.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #9
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd have to go with Punter.


    Purposely left Punter and Kicker off the poll because there has never been either one taken in the first round.
    The rest are up for grabs though.
    My bad...I didn't notice the poll.
    I went with QB.
    If we commit to a 1st round QB, than all the headache we went through developing Chilly's guy was a waste of time and we'll have to sit through another 2 years of growing pains behind another possible bust.

    RB close second... unless McFadden fell and we thought we could get decent trade value for Taylor.
    I would still be concerned, but at least we'd have the excitment to watch.

    FB - tied for second - don't even need to explain...we just signed one and why waste a first rounder on a damn FB?

  10. #10
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: What position would upset you the most if we drafted one with the 17th pick?

    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    I'd have to go with Punter.


    Purposely left Punter and Kicker off the poll because there has never been either one taken in the first round.
    The rest are up for grabs though.
    Never by the Vikings, possibly.

    I want to say the RayDurrs took Sabastian Janikowski in the 1st back in the day..
    I stand corrected.
    Janikowski was taken in the first round with the (ulp!) 17th pick.
    In fact, a little more research shows that it has happened 5 times in NFL history (and Al Davis was only responsible for the latest one).
    I have added K to the poll.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Would you still take Merling with the 17th pick?
    By tclawmen in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-31-2008, 04:10 PM
  2. With the 17th pick of the 2008 NFL Draft the Minnesota Vikings select
    By skum in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 180
    Last Post: 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
  3. 17th pick in NFL draft can be sweet, too
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-24-2008, 06:42 AM
  4. With the 17th pick in the 2006 nfl draft
    By enlvikeman in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 04-10-2006, 01:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •