Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Prophet Guest

Re: What now for Jimmy?

Here are a few '06 blurbs from KFFL about Jimmy.

Vikings | Team has room for both tight ends - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 11 May 2006 07:03:00 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said there would be plenty of room for Vikings' TEs Jim Kleinsasser and Jermaine Wiggins in his offense. "I think you have to keep throwing fastballs at the defense," Childress said. "If you're standing with that personnel package on the field, I think you can become predictable."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser ready to roll - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 9 Apr 2006 07:03:39 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings TE Jim Kleinsasser is gearing up for the 2006 season. Kleinsasser has a renewed confidence in himself physically. After missing the final 15 games of the 2004 season with a torn anterior cruciate ligament, Kleinsasser returned in 2005, but he didn't feel fully recovered. Asked how he feels now, Kleinsasser said, "My legs feel great, actually."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vikings | Kleinsasser could be productive in offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:43:28 -0800

Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports that Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress feels that the offense could be productive for the tight end position, specifically TE Jim Kleinsasser. "I like his level of toughness," Childress said of Kleinsasser. "He's obviously proven that he can play on the line of scrimmage. There are all kinds of throws in this offense for tight ends. ... He surely has the ability to work zones. So I think he'll end elevating his game, and I think this would be a tight-end-friendly offense."

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

I think it is nice that he has moved back to TE full time. IF it were up to me he would get 50% of the snaps, but it will be hard to take away snaps from our leading pass catdher last year unless we roll with two TE sets. If Jimmy doesn't average 2 receptions a game I think he is being underused. Dallas Clark can do it, so Jimmy K can do it better.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

He could always put on 50 pounds of muscle and play RG!!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

He's getting paid a lot for a backup fullback and TE though.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Honestly i like Jimmy as our starting TE, i stated this, this offseason. The year Bennett had all those long runs and great blocking is due to jimmy's beastly blocking, the guy is a mauler and was getting better at being a reciever, good hands and solid speed for a big man at 275.

I like his all around game better then wiggins, not that wiggins shouldn't play but i think jimmy has a spot on the field for sure.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Jimmy K is one of my favorite players with the Vikings. I think he's a hard working team player. I had heard he would be used in 2 TE sets.

Using my non-biased opinion, I think his play had declined last year. I saw him getting beaten on his blocks and drop a few passes. I hope it was due to his injury and him not feeling quite comfortable with it yet. This year he really should be good to go with the knee. I'd love to see him play as much as possible and have a comeback season. I like the guy as a team player and when healthy he is a beast.

I had posted in earlier threads before the draft I thought he would be expandable for a trade to move up since they had picked up Godspeed. Since that didn't work out and we did keep him, I think he will be used a lot since they are still bearing his salary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12