COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

What kind of welcome awaits these Vikings in Mankato?

Time was, the Minnesota Vikings descended upon Mankato for training camp with a pomp and circumstance befitting the arrival of royalty.

The star players rolled into Gage Hall on the campus of what was then Mankato State University (now Minnesota State University, Mankato, please) behind the wheels of Lamborghinis, Ferraris and souped up Hummers. With gleaming smiles and unshakable swagger, the players would navigate a legion of screaming fans begging for autographs, pictures, or a simple wave.
    More at: http://www.wctrib.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8QJQUR00
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: What kind of welcome awaits these Vikings in Mankato?

Nice find Cojo.

IMHO this just amplifies the differences between the old organization and the new.

To think that a HC would pull a fan out of the stands to practice.
    Might be a true indicator of why the team had laxed into mediocrity resulting in a inability to win on the road or on natural grass.

I for one would rather see them on the field practicing as if it really means something (as it does) and not out sudsing it down in the local pubs.

Proffesionalism at TC will translate into wins which will inturn translate into fan acceptance and increased enthusiasm.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

i'm not sure how pacted training camp will be, but i do know the vikings (for the most part) always get a good welcome in Mankato.
    One of our main drags here in town, Riverfront Dr. is completely decorated in team colors. Two flags hanging from each line post, one purple one yellow and beneath them, two "Altell Vikings Training Camp" banners for miles.

The windows, bulliten boards, and walls of buissinesses all over town are littered with "Welcome Vikings Players and Fans" signs and banners.

Some people may not be too excited about this upcoming season.. but some training camp, this town is purple & yellow.

(plus, even if its not as packed as it was during Tice's time, he also fucked up our relationship with the Chiefs, which brings a lot of money to the town & team. 10$ a ticket, and there were like 6,000 people there or more)

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    i'm not sure how pacted training camp will be, but i do know the vikings (for the most part) always get a good welcome in Mankato.
    One of our main drags here in town, Riverfront Dr. is completely decorated in team colors. Two flags hanging from each line post, one purple one yellow and beneath them, two "Altell Vikings Training Camp" banners for miles.

The windows, bulliten boards, and walls of buissinesses all over town are littered with "Welcome Vikings Players and Fans" signs and banners.

Some people may not be too excited about this upcoming season.. but some training camp, this town is purple & yellow.

(plus, even if its not as packed as it was during Tice's time, he also ~messed up~ up our relationship with the Chiefs, which brings a lot of money to the town & team. 10$ a ticket, and there were like 6,000 people there or more)
    Great post.
    Also a good point.

Now go out and stick a video cam up on a pole so RK and I can watch camp.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

(plus, even if its not as packed as it was during Tice's time, he also ~messed up~ up our relationship with the Chiefs, which brings a lot of money to the town & team. 10$ a ticket, and there were like 6,000 people there or more)
    Great post.
    Also a good point.

haha, i'll at least try and get some pictures if i can get my hands on a half decent camera

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:

Great post.
    Also a good point.

haha, i'll at least try and get some pictures if i can get my hands on a half decent camera
    Post shitty pictures, many of us can't see worth shit anyway.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

Yeah I want my camp cam back.
    For those of us not in MN its as close as we can get to training camp.
    I am writing them a letter.

WWBGD

vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Going to Mankato is great.
    It is going to be a great year for us Vikings fans.

Turboe is offline Hall of Famer

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Time was, the Minnesota Vikings descended upon Mankato for training camp with a pomp and circumstance befitting the arrival of royalty.

The star players rolled into Gage Hall on the campus of what was then Mankato State University (now Minnesota State University, Mankato, please) behind the wheels of Lamborghinis, Ferraris and souped up Hummers. With gleaming smiles and unshakable swagger, the players would navigate a legion of screaming fans begging for autographs, pictures, or a simple wave.
    More at: http://www.wctrib.com/ap/index.cfm?page=view&id=D8QJQUR00
    What was the jist of the rest of the story since the link doesnt work anymore?

basically they talked about how a couple years back the place was swarming with cheering morons that would jump and cheer every single time culpepper completed a pass to moss.

the excitement seems to be much less then it was a couple years back, much more calm then it was when tice and co. ran the the show.
    and then it comes up with like 10 ways to ask how everyone thinks this year will be at camp..

so far there have been a decent amount of people showing up tho

- Dan Calabrese