Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What if we were to go D/E with our first 2 picks?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    IF Udeze's career was done and James was not coming back from the injury, I could see this as a possibility.
    However, we have two young DE's who have shown us something in limited playing time (in Edwards and Robison)... plus we have other needs.

We'll be picking up a S and possibly a CB for depth, though I don't see either of those being a 1st round selection.
    I think we also have depth needs at LB which could creep as high as 2nd round if the right value were there.

WR is an intriguing possibility.... but I just don't see us spending our top pick on one since the talent level is just not likely to match with our 1st round #17 needs and we know there should be plenty available in the 2nd without much of a dropoff.

QB will be there in the 3rd-5th, short of Matty Ice and Brohm, there is no QB worthy of #17....

RB would require run DMC to look at before the 4th round.....

TE has no 1st round talent, perhaps 2nd but is NOT a glaring need and we have too much invested in guaranteed $ right now in VS.

OL Yes, we need it....we need depth, we need quality starters, and NONE of us know what the front office really thinks about Bryant dumbass McKinnie....
    This will be addressed in the 1st two rounds barring a trade, IMO.

With their pick in the second round, the Minnesota Vikings select....EARLY DOUCET III of THE Louisiana State University!!!

*the crowd at the Viking Draft Party cheers loudly*

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team has two 3rd rnd picks I would think that it might look like this: DE OT DE Trade. One of those 3rd rounders may be gone. Who knows? ;D That trade being used to get thier guy with the 1st pick. Maybe ???
    You mean, DE...TRADE UP (using a combo of the SECOND and ONE of the THIRD rounders), pick WR (Early Doucet), then OT.
    Listen here Barrator ;D I was thinking more along the lines of trade up by using one 3rd, next years 3rd, and a 5th. Actually, I have no idea. Just throwing out numbers
    Tuco the world.....

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"marstc09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    IF Udeze's career was done and James was not coming back from the injury, I could see this as a possibility.
    However, we have two young DE's who have shown us something in limited playing time (in Edwards and Robison)... plus we have other needs.

We'll be picking up a S and possibly a CB for depth, though I don't see either of those being a 1st round selection.
    I think we also have depth needs at LB which could creep as high as 2nd round if the right value were there.

WR is an intriguing possibility.... but I just don't see us spending our top pick on one since the talent level is just not likely to match with our 1st round #17 needs and we know there should be plenty available in the 2nd without much of a dropoff.

QB will be there in the 3rd-5th, short of Matty Ice and Brohm, there is no QB worthy of #17....

RB would require run DMC to look at before the 4th round.....

TE has no 1st round talent, perhaps 2nd but is NOT a glaring need and we have too much invested in guaranteed $ right now in VS.

OL Yes, we need it....we need depth, we need quality starters, and NONE of us know what the front office really thinks about Bryant dumbass McKinnie....
    This will be addressed in the 1st two rounds barring a trade, IMO.

With their pick in the second round, the Minnesota Vikings select....EARLY DOUCET III of THE Louisiana State University!!!

*the crowd at the Viking Draft Party cheers loudly*

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team has two 3rd rnd picks I would think that it might look like this: DE OT DE Trade. One of those 3rd rounders may be gone. Who knows? ;D That trade being used to get thier guy with the 1st pick. Maybe ???
    I would be happy with this. It just might happen.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I would take....
    Kelly, Sweed 1st round
    Trade up for Cambell 2nd round
    an OT in the 3rd

Then draft Tommy Blake in the 5th.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/tommy_blake.html
    Blake is a big time pass rusher, with the ability to take over a game. Defenses must take account of where he is at because he routinely gets into the backfield to make plays. He has a quick burst off the line, but couples that with very good athleticism, and the closing speed to finish plays off. He is not just a pass rusher, he is active and can make plays as a run stopper

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=13446
    03/16/08 - The team that drafts TCU defensive end Tommy Blake will get a talented player who is being treated for depression and social anxiety disorder. There is no telling where he will be drafted. Blake had an outstanding pro day at TCU. “He did everything, and he worked hard,” Green Bay scout Alonzo Highsmith told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He did what he needed to do, and that is prove he wants to play football at the next level and that he’s serious about it.” Blake weighed 272 pounds after weighing 287 at the East-West Game. He ran a 4.75 and benched 225 pounds 23 times. - John McClain, The Houston Chronicle

Didn't we already draft a DE with psychological problems a few years back.
    I believe his name was Underwood...

j/k I know that depression and social anxiety are not even in the same league.
    Underwood was a 1st( big risk, big reward)
    Blake is a 5th at best( little risk,big reward)

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wYzDwAcO72k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

What you see is a huge hole created by a poor alignment by the WLB or MLB. However, look at Blake chase down the RB. Scary.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    You mean, DE...TRADE UP (using a combo of the SECOND and ONE of the THIRD rounders), pick WR (Early Doucet), then OT.
    Listen here Barrator ;D I was thinking more along the lines of trade up by using one 3rd, next years 3rd, and a 5th. Actually, I have no idea. Just throwing out numbers
    Barrister???
    Only in England, my friend.
    But the trade that would be most appealing would be to trade the second and the lower of the thirds to Miami for that top pick...essentially a low first rounder.
    The Vikes could still get an impact player if they went BPA with that pick.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I would take....
    Kelly, Sweed 1st round
    Trade up for Cambell 2nd round
    an OT in the 3rd

Then draft Tommy Blake in the 5th.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/tommy_blake.html
    Blake is a big time pass rusher, with the ability to take over a game. Defenses must take account of where he is at because he routinely gets into the backfield to make plays. He has a quick burst off the line, but couples that with very good athleticism, and the closing speed to finish plays off. He is not just a pass rusher, he is active and can make plays as a run stopper

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=13446
    03/16/08 - The team that drafts TCU defensive end Tommy Blake will get a talented player who is being treated for depression and social anxiety disorder. There is no telling where he will be drafted. Blake had an outstanding pro day at TCU. “He did everything, and he worked hard,” Green Bay scout Alonzo Highsmith told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He did what he needed to do, and that is prove he wants to play football at the next level and that he’s serious about it.” Blake weighed 272 pounds after weighing 287 at the East-West Game. He ran a 4.75 and benched 225 pounds 23 times. - John McClain, The Houston Chronicle

Didn't we already draft a DE with psychological problems a few years back.
    I believe his name was Underwood...

j/k I know that depression and social anxiety are not even in the same league.
    Underwood was a 1st( big risk, big reward)
    Blake is a 5th at best( little risk,big reward)

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wYzDwAcO72k&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

What you see is a huge hole created by a poor alignment by the WLB or MLB. However, look at Blake chase down the RB. Scary.
    Scary is right... i want him!

Ahhh.. Barrator: Not Barrister. A formentor of quarrels and lawsuits. One who stirs up dissention and litigation among people. From Blacks Law Dictionary. ;D I still think that one of the teams 3rd rnd picks may be put into play. Didn't a team official say they had some draft day moves in the works?
    Tuco the world.....

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    Ahhh.. Barrator: Not Barrister. A formentor of quarrels and lawsuits. One who stirs up dissention and litigation among people. From Blacks Law Dictionary. ;D I still think that one of the teams 3rd rnd picks may be put into play. Didn't a team official say they had some draft day moves in the works?
    Duly noted...I cotton to the quarrels part of the definition...but being on the defense side, I don't stir up litigation, I only quash it!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Duly noted...I cotton to the quarrels part of the definition...but being on the defense side, I don't stir up litigation, I only quash it!
    Oh, I know your easygoing Cajun..Just messing with ya! ;D How about that 3rd rounder being traded? Think it will happen? With two of 'em, Why not?
    Tuco the world.....

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast