Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Re: What if we were to go D/E with our first 2 picks?

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    IF Udeze's career was done and James was not coming back from the injury, I could see this as a possibility.
    However, we have two young DE's who have shown us something in limited playing time (in Edwards and Robison)... plus we have other needs.

We'll be picking up a S and possibly a CB for depth, though I don't see either of those being a 1st round selection.
    I think we also have depth needs at LB which could creep as high as 2nd round if the right value were there.

WR is an intriguing possibility.... but I just don't see us spending our top pick on one since the talent level is just not likely to match with our 1st round #17 needs and we know there should be plenty available in the 2nd without much of a dropoff.

QB will be there in the 3rd-5th, short of Matty Ice and Brohm, there is no QB worthy of #17....

RB would require run DMC to look at before the 4th round.....

TE has no 1st round talent, perhaps 2nd but is NOT a glaring need and we have too much invested in guaranteed $ right now in VS.

OL Yes, we need it....we need depth, we need quality starters, and NONE of us know what the front office really thinks about Bryant dumbass McKinnie....
    This will be addressed in the 1st two rounds barring a trade, IMO.

With their pick in the second round, the Minnesota Vikings select....EARLY DOUCET III of THE Louisiana State University!!!

*the crowd at the Viking Draft Party cheers loudly*
    I actually see that as a legitimate possibility.... AND I'd be happy as hell to see it happen!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

Cajun is a hell of a researcher!!!
    He could be my lawyer anyday!

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Zeus" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "ThorSPL" wrote:
    IF Udeze's career was done and James was not coming back from the injury, I could see this as a possibility.
    However, we have two young DE's who have shown us something in limited playing time (in Edwards and Robison)... plus we have other needs.

We'll be picking up a S and possibly a CB for depth, though I don't see either of those being a 1st round selection.
    I think we also have depth needs at LB which could creep as high as 2nd round if the right value were there.

WR is an intriguing possibility.... but I just don't see us spending our top pick on one since the talent level is just not likely to match with our 1st round #17 needs and we know there should be plenty available in the 2nd without much of a dropoff.

QB will be there in the 3rd-5th, short of Matty Ice and Brohm, there is no QB worthy of #17....

RB would require run DMC to look at before the 4th round.....

TE has no 1st round talent, perhaps 2nd but is NOT a glaring need and we have too much invested in guaranteed $ right now in VS.

OL Yes, we need it....we need depth, we need quality starters, and NONE of us know what the front office really thinks about Bryant dumbass McKinnie....
    This will be addressed in the 1st two rounds barring a trade, IMO.

With their pick in the second round, the Minnesota Vikings select....EARLY DOUCET III of THE Louisiana State University!!!

*the crowd at the Viking Draft Party cheers loudly*
    What crowd?
    We were kicked out shortly after they took Merling in the 1st round.

=Z=
    Merling sucks..... 12 sacks 3 years = PU

The team has two 3rd rnd picks I would think that it might look like this: DE OT DE Trade. One of those 3rd rounders may be gone. Who knows? ;D That trade being used to get thier guy with the 1st pick. Maybe ???
    Tuco the world.....

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i do not think it would be smart for any team to pick the same position in rounds 1 and 2. But with us we SHOULD draft a DE in one of those rounds, not both. We have other needs that we need to address in that round I.E. OT DT SS or QB. And we really dont need two more DEs, we need ONE that will cause chaos on the QB to help our secondary.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

i would be mad unless somone slipped pretty far and it was a no brainer to take him

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I would take....
    Kelly, Sweed 1st round
    Trade up for Cambell 2nd round
    an OT in the 3rd

Then draft Tommy Blake in the 5th.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2008/prospects/tommy_blake.html
    Blake is a big time pass rusher, with the ability to take over a game. Defenses must take account of where he is at because he routinely gets into the backfield to make plays. He has a quick burst off the line, but couples that with very good athleticism, and the closing speed to finish plays off. He is not just a pass rusher, he is active and can make plays as a run stopper

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=13446
    03/16/08 - The team that drafts TCU defensive end Tommy Blake will get a talented player who is being treated for depression and social anxiety disorder. There is no telling where he will be drafted. Blake had an outstanding pro day at TCU. “He did everything, and he worked hard,” Green Bay scout Alonzo Highsmith told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He did what he needed to do, and that is prove he wants to play football at the next level and that he’s serious about it.” Blake weighed 272 pounds after weighing 287 at the East-West Game. He ran a 4.75 and benched 225 pounds 23 times. - John McClain, The Houston Chronicle

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I would take....
    Kelly, Sweed 1st round
    an OT in the 3rd

Blake is a big time pass rusher, with the ability to take over a game. Defenses must take account of where he is at because he routinely gets into the backfield to make plays. He has a quick burst off the line, but couples that with very good athleticism, and the closing speed to finish plays off. He is not just a pass rusher, he is active and can make plays as a run stopper

03/16/08 - The team that drafts TCU defensive end Tommy Blake will get a talented player who is being treated for depression and social anxiety disorder. There is no telling where he will be drafted. Blake had an outstanding pro day at TCU. “He did everything, and he worked hard,” Green Bay scout Alonzo Highsmith told the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “He did what he needed to do, and that is prove he wants to play football at the next level and that he’s serious about it.” Blake weighed 272 pounds after weighing 287 at the East-West Game. He ran a 4.75 and benched 225 pounds 23 times. - John McClain, The Houston Chronicle

there would be no need to trade up for campbell, hes projected to fall to the late 2nd early 3rd round. And i doubt Chilly will take a player in the 1st rd to be our 3rd WR.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Jereamiah" wrote:
    The team has two 3rd rnd picks I would think that it might look like this: DE OT DE Trade. One of those 3rd rounders may be gone. Who knows? ;D That trade being used to get thier guy with the 1st pick. Maybe ???
    You mean, DE...TRADE UP (using a combo of the SECOND and ONE of the THIRD rounders), pick WR (Early Doucet), then OT.

I am pretty sure that Miami wouldn't mind trading that SECOND rounder at the top of the round for TWO picks...they need depth in this draft, and the Vikes can't possible sign all 10 of the players that they were to pick if they use all of their draft choices.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    I would take....
    Kelly, Sweed 1st round
    an OT in the 3rd

Didn't we already draft a DE with psychological problems a few years back.
    I believe his name was Underwood...

j/k I know that depression and social anxiety are not even in the same league.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast