VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

What FA's Now Stay

Now that we have our HC in place does it change the impact of our FA's returning.

From what i heard from the guy he understands the big time importance of great Olines and Dlines. Fonoti is a no brainer to me and i think its very unlikely that he lets a Pro Bowler like Fonoti to walk. Michael Bennett was with the Badgers when Childress was a coach there (RB Coach), so most likely he knows bennett personally and loves his speed, being an offensive guy and all, i could see bennett back. Onterrio Smith will be back i'm almost positive of this, guys like a Brian Westbrook and Childress says he has a clean slaight with him.

Willie Offord had a good game against them (eagles) last year in the playoffs, he's coming off an injury but he's there only SS after Chavous is history.

KRob is the most difficult to figure out, i'm sure Childress understands the importance of getting and keep good WR corpes after struggling with mediocre WR's in phili.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: What FA's Now Stay

By the way found this on Vikinging Update.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/485671.html

I dont agree with alot of the ranking but if you scroll down to Koren's name it says we can match any offer offered to him. Can anyone explain exactly what this means for us, If someone gives him a offer and he wants to exept it but then we come in and anti-up, what happens how does this work?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

say someone offered him 2 mil for a year, all we have to do is offer him 2 mil to keep him.......I think all we have to do is at least match the offer the other team has made...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Great post snow!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Great post snow!
    Honestly, I didn't do it.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"vikingstw" wrote:
    By the way found this on Vikinging Update.

http://vikings.scout.com/2/485671.html

I dont agree with alot of the ranking but if you scroll down to Koren's name it says we can match any offer offered to him. Can anyone explain exactly what this means for us, If someone gives him a offer and he wants to exept it but then we come in and anti-up, what happens how does this work?
    In the contract that he signed with us, it probably says, we are giving you so much money for a year. Then you are a restricted free ageant, we are willing to match what any other team will be willing to offer you on the FA market.

Basically, we gave him the stage to display his talent. He is on the market and we have a chance to sign or match what another team might offer to him. He chose to be with us and give us the right to keep him if we feel he is worth what someone else may offer him in FA.

Anyone know if there is a limit on how many players you can sign to RFA contracts or can you sign all players to RFA contracts compared to URFA.

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"vikingstw" wrote:

Fonoti is a no brainer to me

Childress understands the importance of getting and keep good WR corpes after struggling with mediocre WR's in phili.
    right on, fontoui is a freaking bull him and mckinnie are some bad mofo's playing next to eachother.

i diagree with you about phillys receivers though,,,, they arn't mediocre; they suck!!

childress has tons of talent everywhere on the field theres just holes to fix i think.

hmm i just noticed that burleson is a restricted free agent; i woudln't be suprised the least bit if they let his contract drag out to see if someone wants to give up a first round pick for him? i just can't see us keeping burleson, robinson, robinson, taylor, and williamson thats kind of a lot of receivers. i hope we keep burleson though, i'd rather have him than taylor.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

"collegeguyjeff" wrote:
    "vikingstw" wrote:

Fonoti is a no brainer to me

Childress understands the importance of getting and keep good WR corpes after struggling with mediocre WR's in phili.
    right on, fontoui is a freaking bull him and mckinnie are some bad mofo's playing next to eachother.
    i diagree with you about phillys receivers though,,,, they arn't mediocre; they suck!!

childress has tons of talent everywhere on the field theres just holes to fix i think.

hmm i just noticed that burleson is a restricted free agent; i woudln't be suprised the least bit if they let his contract drag out to see if someone wants to give up a first round pick for him? i just can't see us keeping burleson, robinson, robinson, taylor, and williamson thats kind of a lot of receivers. i hope we keep burleson though, i'd rather have him than taylor.
    they wont be playing next to eachother. LG is herrera's spot. Fonoti will be on the right side replacing goldberg.

GHAAAA!